Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Jay Smith 2.5 Rebuild / Overhaul Experiance

I have a 1995 21xd Bullet w/ a 1995 200xrioutboard which I have never had any major issues with. I’m just like the nextguy who wants a good reliable outboard but with the age and hours on my currentmotor I thought it would be a good time to have a professional rebuild /overhaul the little motor. I gave Jay Smith w/ JSRE a call and explained to himwhat my situation was and what I was looking for. He politely explained to mewhat he recommended for an application such as mine. I told him hisrecommendation sounded good to me and we set up an appointment for me to showup with my boat. (Yes he even offered to remove the powerhead for therebuild/overhaul).
    I showed up the morning of myappointment, Jay and I introduced ourselves to each other, and we proceeded toremove the powerhead from the boat. He then offered to me to stay and witnessthe tear down of the engine and I definitely took advantage of that situation.During the tear down Jay answered all of my questions and explained certainsituations of what he planned on performing with the rebuild / overhaul.
    During the time of Jay performing his “Magic”and ordering specialty parts, rod bearings, crankshaft bearings, reeds, andetc. He kept the communication line opened all of the time. I received a phonecall and or a text on a daily basis. His communication with the work performedwas outstanding and really professional.
    The day came when Jay was finished with everything.I received a called and offered for me to show the morning I was happy with. Healso offered for me to witness / assist with him on the rebuild of the engine. Wemade plans for the following Monday and I showed up with my boat. We started on the rebuild, (99.9% of it wasJay, I mostly witnessed), and some two short hours later the engine wastogether and we started on installing the electronics and etc. From there wewent to Jay’s “Specialty Bench” where runs all of his engines to confirm allthings are correct and set according to his specifications. We then proceededto install the engine on the boat and also rerun it again to make sure nothinghad changed from the bench to the boat.
    I can’t start to tell everyone what agreat experience I had with Jay and his wife Cathy, (Yes behind every good manis a better woman and this is the case with Jay & Cathy). They both were very courteous and run a top notch operation. If anyone out there isconsidering a “Overhaul / Rebuild” Jay Smith is your guy!
    I completed today the first hour and halfof the “Break-In” recommended by Jay and everything is great.!
    Last edited by Cajun Bullet; 08-30-2016 at 07:49 PM.

2. Likes Mo River Rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not surprised to read this, have never heard anything negative with a JSRE engine.
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay did my '93 xri 3-4? years ago - I wish I lived within a day's drive. He did invite me for the re-assembly - I wish I had went - that would be fantastic to see! I'm also a happy customer and I'm from north of the 45th parallel.
    Enjoy your new moto and have fun! Cheers!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks stats1000 I plan on it,!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys all the kind words they are really appreciated , I enjoy the engine owner visiting the day of the final assembly and run in brings to light what I do to make not only power BUT longevity too...

Thanks again,
    Jay and Cathy Smith @ JSRE
    Jay @ JSRE

8. Likes NICE PAIR, Dave Strong, Mo River Rat liked this post