Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fl. Question, Amelia Island area or The Manatanza River, S. Of St Aug.?

Was down that way about 3 yrs ago, meet Mr. Fun at one of his hang outs, very nice ICW marina. Anyway looking to use a tax write off so it looks like time to take care of that plot of land for retirement. Would be retired already except the state gave me a very nice job and it gives me lots of new options. Anyway if anyone know the areas around Saint Augustine, Avalon, and the NE part of Amelia Island-The Old Town by the boat ramp, I would appreciate your advise! Oh, the development on the south side of rt 206 looks prime, very nice homes, 2-3 miles from Crescent Beach, and has an elevation of about 20-30' above sea level.
    INXS

88 Checkmate/Starflite/225 Johnson
    Member, The Paul Revere Society
    Always Live Life In Excess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    has an elevation of about 20-30' above sea level.

Haven't you heard? The Dems say the polar ice caps are melting and we'll be under water in no time flat..... better build the house on stilts
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like nice area, the Mantanza river looks pretty open all the way up to Saint Augustine. Hell maybe NE Fl. will stay warm all yr when Global warming finally kicks in.
    INXS

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    between the 2 I'd look at st A area, lots more to do and probably going to increase in value faster. MAJOR development going on in that area, I MEAN MAJOR!!! new mega shopping district right off I95, new belt way highway project connecting to I10 on west side of Jax with new bridge over lower st johns, the amount of growth in that area is mind boggling. get in now before it's all done and prices skyrocket. the waterway down there is beautiful, I'll post a link of Matanzas inlet, one of the prettyest settings in Fla. fun out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matanzas_Inlet
    Last edited by mr fun; 08-28-2016 at 06:01 AM.
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mr Fun, Avalon would be very nice, if not right up the road, 2 miles to the north. Missed out on a 75 by 125 lot there that was about 700 ft to the ocean and 400 ft to the fishing pier, sold for 142. I found an area about two miles in from Crescent Beach that still has good prices. It is on North and South sides of rt 206. Best community is on the south side, only 2 miles to the ocean. Lots of 3k Sq ft homes on 1 acre, saw a 1.25 Arce plot of land that just sold for 90k. Did a Google Street view looking at the view of the ICW from the rt 206 bridge, looks really nice. Hope to make it back down by the end of Sept if not sooner.
    INXS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out an area west of St. Augustine called Rivertown. https://www.facebook.com/RiverTownFlorida/

Not necessarily suggesting the planned community but it's a great little area with direct access to the St. John's also within easy reach of the intercostal. There are a number of properties directly on the river with boat houses and it's very affordable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, looked over rivertown but I prefer not dealing with HOA fees and regulations. Their pools look nice but I am sure they will be packed. I would prefer being within 2 or 3 miles of the coast. The area by 206 just inside the ICW fits my needs. As I mentioned, Avalon and the area just north are also very nice. I am just soaking up a few yrs of a good government job here in NJ and I just want to find a good deal and use it as a tax write off and these areas seem to be a limited supply when it comes to land. I also looked into the northern Plam Coast but it seems they have flooding issues and their ICW has issues with sand intrusion, shallow channels.
    INXS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I wouldn't do the Rivertown community, no need for an HOA EVER! I was just suggesting the area if you tend towards fresh water vs. salt. FYI, Matanzas inlet is not maintained, I wouldn't try to use it for ocean access in anything drawing more water than a flats boat.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matanzas is a tricky inlet for sure, it changes all the time, BUT ,,, the shore's from the ICW to the A1A bridge are about a mile on each side of beautiful sand beaches to pull up on and enjoy, water down that far from the st johns is always as clear as you can get barring storms that stir the ocean up. I know people that go in and out of Matanzas but in small boats and truly have local knowledge. but hey, whats a 15 min ride north to St A inlet? Fun Out
    Last edited by mr fun; 08-30-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear a lot of folks hang just about a mile up from the St. Augustine bridge. Looks like a nice area to boat, shrimp, and fish. Pretty sure I am down to two small communities, one on the north side of rt 206, Cypress Cove, and one on the south, Cypress Point. Cypress Point just had a few 1 Arce plus lots sell for about 90k, nice area with 2500 to 3K Sq ft homes, pretty up scale, Cypress Cove has a .66 acre that backs to small pond for 75K and a 90x250 lot for 75k, also a very nice area. LOL anyone in the area that could look over the land, snap some pics, opine on the land, I would buy dinner and a few beers when I get down, just p message me first
    INXS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That "Old Town" Fernadina at the NW part of Amelia that I was looking into just got a little more interesting. An agent sent me the listings of two new homes going up right next to the marina, one is selling for 750K and the other for 325K. A few more lots just went up for sale, 50X100 for 70K each. Only issue is the area is a historic district and home must be designed to fit the older looking type homes. I also had a message from a seller in Avalon Beach, has a 50X125 lot that is 700' to the beach and 500' to the pier, he wants 140K. Might just pick up a lot right off 206 and one in the Old Town, hold them for 2 or 3 yrs and then decide which one to build on. The 206 lot is .66 acre, nice area of homes, 75K, and the Old Town lots, 70K is in a great location, 2 blocks from the marina, both are X zones, Old Town would be best to build up 10' or so 206 is at 20-30' above sea level.
    INXS

12. Likes FullAuto9 liked this post