Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realize these type of conversations went on in S&F. I like S&F for escaping the realities of life with thoughts of cool boating stuff that help keep me sane.

But now that I am here I can tell you that I work in DC only a few blocks from the White House. The general opinion in town is that both Presidential candidates are a potential disaster. When your 11 year old says she is scared about who will be president and your only answer is "Yeah, me too", that's not very comforting for either of us.

I am still convinced this is the best country in the world but it seems like we are trying like hell to ruin it.

2. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why would any 11 year old be scared of who is going to be president, unless some adult told them they should be.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

4. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    Why would any 11 year old be scared of who is going to be president, unless some adult told them they should be.
    She is 11, not 5. No doubt she hears what we and other adults are saying. She also watches the news.

6. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 427Man View Post
    She is 11, not 5. No doubt she hears what we and other adults are saying. She also watches the news.
    That explains why she is scared, she watches the news.

I'm not knocking on you or your child. I'm just saying 11 is kinda young to be worrying about things like this, IMO. I understand it's a different world for kids today than when I grew up.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

8. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to do away with a presdential system....

10. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    That explains why she is scared, she watches the news.

I'm not knocking on you or your child. I'm just saying 11 is kinda young to be worrying about things like this, IMO. I understand it's a different world for kids today than when I grew up.
    Thanks, I agree. When I was 11 all I was concerned about was cars, boats and motorcycles.

12. Likes David - WI, NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the riots spread any further Obumsucker will declare martial law so he can stay in office for about 8 more years... although that didn't work out so well for Lincoln.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 427Man View Post
    Thanks, I agree. When I was 11 all I was concerned about was cars, boats and motorcycles.
    EXACTLY! I was born in 1950, and at 8 had a gokart..(dad bought one so I would stop doing wheelies his rider mower, and "CUT THE DAMN GRASS") At 10 started building minibikes, and then was later HS, with "Shop class"..(like take some wood and build things), Electrical class, learn how wiring works. Auto shop..(got a A+), Machine shop..(ended up life a Machinist) Drafting (engineer) class. Heck in grammar school even had to take a "Home Economics" with the girls!

They even TEACH that stuff anymore? Nope.

And do NOT think 11 years old kids are brainless. My age HS too as get a little titty, a make out the steamed up car? Girls now are preggy at 14.

Think they aren't WELL informed life now? Cell phones (stuck in the face, like having a head up the ass reality) WORLD of knowledge there, and they see the news, AS there "peers".

My dad was a TV repairman 50's, so TV's were all over on, his shop, basement house, as all over house, and more in the garage on. i saw all the news every day............and understood it well, as seen the progression this county going down hill since ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Robby321;2889412]EXACTLY! I was born in 1950, and at 8 had a gokart..(dad bought one so I would stop doing wheelies his rider mower, and "CUT THE DAMN GRASS") At 10 started building minibikes, and then was later HS, with "Shop class"..(like take some wood and build things), Electrical class, learn how wiring works. Auto shop..(got a A+), Machine shop..(ended up life a Machinist) Drafting (engineer) class. Heck in grammar school even had to take a "Home Economics" with the girls!

They even TEACH that stuff anymore? Nope. - Robby321

It's true Robby. Times, technology and people have changed. When I was a kid a computer was something NASA had. You lived for the day you got your driver's license. Now with FaceBook, FaceTime, InYourFace, or whatever, kids don't need to drive.

We are all on this forum because we are gearheads. Obviously we are into boats, but I'll bet most are also into cars and/or motorcycles. My kids seem to be interested now, and i hope it sticks. Most of the 20 something years olds I work with (I am old enough to be their father) don't give a crap about performance vehicles of our generation. There are some exceptions, but most of the gearheads I know are in their 40-60s.

Who knows where our stuff will end up. Granted, most kids can't afford the cost of the classic stuff we once bought and sold cheap. Just watch coverage of any auction like Mecum, Barrett Jackson, etc.

I watch as the local Model T and Model A guys are all dying off and nobody is interested in their collections. The majority of today's youth just interested. Like Dad said, youth is wasted on the young.
    Last edited by 427Man; 08-31-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Spell check

16. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    We are discouraged from judging ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.
    So what do you suggest? Outlaw both guns and religion? Bring back the Mc DLT sandwich? Vote for Trump?
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gotta have faith that Trump will win. Then we will see some good news on the tube.......

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnelmike View Post
    Very well said everyone above ! This is exactly the reasons our political system needs a complete overhaul. The leak down numbers are unacceptable. Mike
    Problem is as mentioned you cant find parts anymore and the engine options to heavy with BS! Now there are a few out there that make a 300xs run with better HP, rpm and cut weight to low 400lbs so really the winner should be the one with the best aftermarket help. On there own stock compared to what we used to have are dogs. That makes it hard to choose between the two Hillary XS trump X... with the X youll burn more fuel but you will be way ahead in the race. The XS gets better mileage but who cares about that when your trying to win a race against time. Theres the CRT option that kicks both there buts but there not ready to run yet large scale. When they do though that will be a game changer for the masses and break downs will be less and repairable faster than anything we have seen in decades.
    I truly feel it took this broken system to happen before it can be repaired. Hopefully we dont have to wait 5 years before the new generation of high performance is ready to fix the only choices we have now!

20. Likes rock liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome.
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Markus...Under no circumstance would I ever suggest banning guns or religion. Muslims are a different story till we get a few things figured out. The McDLT was crap. Damn right I'm voting for Trump. He may be a moron but he is smart enough to delegate authority to the right people in the right place and anything, I repeat, anything is better than the Hildebeast.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

23. Likes Robby321, CNC_Guy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hildebeast. Nice!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast