Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Poof ....

A couple few days ago I was responding to a thread while it was raining outside . OK , OK , so it was a pretty good size boomer storm ..
    My house went thru a brown out , which took my eyes away from the screen and towards the window . When I looked back , what I had written was gone . I clicked on the auto-save feature and the screen went to an error gateway message . And then I was blocked from even opening the site . ( sometimes it seems that only I get the needle in a hay-stack issues )
    I texted Greg and he said to call him , which I did . he really went way out of his way to narrow down the problem. Since my cell phone would open the site using data and not the WiFi , it only made sense that my modem / router / wireless ATT U-verse was hit by electricity . Greg said to turn off all the wireless products as well as my tower and reboot the ATT POS . And to get back to him if it worked or not . I texted that it did not.
    So I went to the ATT site . Typed in what I perceived to be wrong and the "chat help" box opened . After going over it all once again , I was instructed to reboot the U-verse box . Even after I said I did that already . The tech was sure that would fix the issue temporary . A supervisor would call within a half hour and they would have a permanent solution in 48 hours . This was yesterday , the reboot didn't work ( yes I felt foolish doing it again ) I still haven't heard from the supervisor , and it's not quite 48 hours ....
    However Greg texted me this morning asking for my IP address , and showed me a shortcut on how to get it . Within minutes he waved his magic want over the issue and poof it was gone ....
    Honestly , yesterday he could have left it at , Chaz you gotz a fried modem but he didn't . He either fixed or found a way around the problem and said he put safeguards in place to where it wouldn't happen to me again .
    ATT could use a couple dozen guys like him on staff . But I'm glad he chooses to prop (no pun) this site up instead.
    He spoke with great enthusiasm about future projects he has in store for the site . Of course being very conscientious about keeping it's looks familiar and simple enough that old dogs like me don't get left behind .
    I'm glad that I became a supporting member a little over a year ago . I encourage anyone who enjoy's the personal and group value this site offer's to do the same .
    Greg , thanks again !
    Charlie Cullotto

2. Thanks Frank Molé, Robby321 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    He either fixed or found a way around the problem and said he put safeguards in place to where it wouldn't happen to me again .
    ATT could use a couple dozen guys like him on staff ..
    And Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular,etc.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You had to remind me ....
    Sprint here ...
    Yes sir , Leave it and come back in an hour .
    Do you have parts to fix it ?
    Well no , but at least I can see what's wrong with it ... I just told you what's wrong with it . And I spoke to a lady named Pamela somewhere in Indonesia , she said to go to my local authorized Sprint repair station .
    Your in luck sir , your eligible for a new phone . Of course I am , I pay for wty every month . No sir , I mean a newer model phone . Not sure I want to sign a contract with someone who has an official repair center sign in the window , but cant fix a simple phone ... the supervisor's are just as dain bramaged ... when you ask , So what happen's when the newer model phone breaks before I'm eligible for an even newer super-duper phone ?
    I'll make sure they take care of it ... Then you usually see them working at KFC a month later ...

5. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. We changed cell providers after we moved 10 years ago because AT&T coverage at new home was abysmal. Switched to Verizon....they have now moved their cell tower. Guess what???? Also, had Direct TV satellite service. Paying $150/mo for mid range package plus sports package to get SEC network. No premium movie or NFL stations. Called said I was going to DISH TV. All of a sudden I had free equipment upgrades and monthly bill went to $55/ month for 12 months. Told me to call back after 12 months and they would find more discounts. Now how many people are sitting out there paying and not questioning??? BTW Chaz I have not forgotten your call. Wife's mom passed and we have been slammed since you rang me. Will get with you soon.
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!