Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You'll probably notice the faria water speedo is fairly accurate up to 60s, maybe 70, then gets farther off from there. Anytime I've used one it's just to have something to fill a hole more than I cared about knowing my speed... They do work fairly well at lower speeds.

Did you get the jackplate on it? My gut feeling is you'll end up with a 24 as an all-around and maybe a 28 for when you want to string it out empty. Just take baby steps and get used to how it acts and responds as you go, seems like you're progressing with it nicely.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Action,

I doubt I will see 70 in this boat and maybe 60 but I am not sure I would have any passengers to verify the speed...I will just have to see when thing fill up in the spring. I was surprised to see that it was accurate (speedo) when compared to actual GPS.

I haven't installed the jack plate yet. It has turned into one of those deals where you have lots of friends until it is time to do a little work.

I am hoping to get it wet at least one more time, let the GF fish for perch ( I might have to join her as the limit is 50 each per day and some great eating). Play before as there have been very few boats on the water where we go locally.

Come spring it will be back to 70 plus feet deep and a lot more room to open it up.

I did check and MI Wheel does make a 25P and 27P 4 Blade Ballistic but it will be spring before I get to try out the 23P I have here now.

I have a few more mod's to get done over the winter as well.....Flippin good foam for the seat bases is high up there on the list.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    {10 inches of set back},LWP bobs cone on gearcase, 25 pitch Trophy, {Even with pad}, 60-65mph youll start chine walking 70 once you learn how to ballance her past 65. Hear 90 with a 2.4. So 70 isnt out of the question with lwp some setback and a good prop with a 150.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW I was looking at an old post were you showed pics of your resto on your boat! What a fantastic job you did of her. love the seats!! Hears a 150 promax in the 80,s same boat as with the 2.4. And a pic of your sweet interior you did on yours!
    Last edited by whipper; 09-29-2016 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whipper,

Thanks, a lot of work for such an old boat but it does attract a lot of attention setting in the parking lot at the lake. Some people don't have a clue it is 45 years old and it shocks them to find out.

With the new Mercury came all new controls, steering and gauge to include a Smartcraft Monitor so other than sppedo I have water pressure, temp, oil pressure, fuel used, trim degree, tach and I forget what else all connected to the motor.

I doubt it will see much past 60 MPH if that but it sure jumps to speed with the 4 blade 20 P....can't wait to see what the 22P does.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    I haven't installed the jack plate yet. It has turned into one of those deals where you have lots of friends until it is time to do a little work.
    You can say that again I've helped people do V10 swaps in short bed trucks, outboard motor swaps, move from house to house, etc, many times. Think out of the 30 or so times I've had an engine out of something or need someone to help with paint, I've had help twice. lol.

Rig is definitely looking good, the smartcraft and DTS are a couple big positives to the new motors along with how nice they run. I've kinda been leaning toward a brand new 200 4 cylinder V-rat for my tunnel. Chances are I would only lose a few mph on top end (which is probably good since they're so flighty at 90+ anyways) and it would be a TON more user friendly. I keep holding off thinking they might introduce something geared more toward us but keep getting disappointed. Eventually I'll just say F it and go have em hang one then be done with it. lol
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2