Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Kid on the Block....... Monza Help Please

Well hello to all. New to the forum.

I was just out on the water 3 months ago and saw a boat running sweet just off of the patch reefs near Elliott Key here in Homestead Fl. I was so impressed with it I started asking around and found it was a 23.6 Monza CC with a Merc 300. Not a lot of info about the hull but seems to run and ride great.

As I am sure many others have had this happen to them, I was just pulled into this vortex about the boat I really liked the lines and how she handled the water.

Well all that said to say I picked up my first 23.6 Monza CC last week. It is a project boat, 1991 with a SS single mount bracket and Bob hydraulic jack plate, Boat has trim tabs, no motor. The boat is very clean and solid.

Sooooooo………. I need some help…….Need some info about the Monza history etc. Does any one have any comments regarding how this boat compares with similar boats? Any information on this hull would be greatly appreciated.

The big question is really what power would you recommend, and why. I want to stay away from 4 stroke because of the weight ( So I believe don't really know ).

I first thought I had to look for a 300 HP. I was told a Yamaha HPDI 250 is more that enough and very reliable. Moreover, I really would not see the difference. Yes money is a factor that is why I purchased a project boat. Unfortunately I work for a living…..

I don't want to start a manufactures war …….. Just want your honest opinion and what you base it on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4damax View Post
    Any information on this hull would be greatly appreciated.
    ...O.K. boat, regarding build quality. One of many, many, many...Don Aronow hull derivative, south florida warehouse boat company's over the years. The usual 24 degree deadrise. Yes, one large single outboard of your choice will get you going. We mostly like Mercury's here on the site, but Yamaha, and now Johnson & Evinrude build great motors. Stick your toe in the water & try any one of them & it will run well if its rigged well from the get-go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you FUJIMO
    with the boat being as heavy as it is would you recommend the higher HP 300's? I do want it to fly or will i get pretty much the same from the 250's. I was looking at a 250x I just don't know enough about them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought a 2000 26' Monza with twin Honda 150's. Boat rides well, and build quality seems to be decent. Motors are burried, and can only get 45mph out of it. That's with the motors dragging in the water, hopefully I can squeeze a few mph out of her.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the continued feed back...... I am an old Bass Fisherman who ran the heck out of my boats and loved to fly them........ The difference was with Bass fishing you ran like hell for a short period of time and you were there, so fuel consumption was not an issue.

I really don't know anything about the hull. I did notice a small pad running down the keel...... However, what is it going to take to get me to those speeds?

Because it does have a deep V and I have the bracket with a Jack Plate will a 20" work or do I need a 25" ? .......
    I ask because I do have an old Evinrude 225 Vindicator with a new Sportsman Lower Unit 20" that is still sweet and strong and never seen salt water. I just felt it was not enough motor to run this boat. I really don't know.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know where I can get the spec on this boat?