Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received a $10k wire transfer deposit from the Aussie last night - looks like this one is sold and will be leaving the states forever. It must just be the wrong time of year to sell a boat here, because I was very surprised nobody bought it from the U.S.. Had a few guys from back East kicking tires on it, but nobody serious enough to fly out and look at it, or wire money to buy it sight unseen. And I agree with your post exactly FP.......also can't believe it didn't bring the asking price (or close) - the Aussie wouldn't go more than $90k. Could have possibly held out for more $$$, but I've learned over the years that when you have a cash buyer on one of these older boats, you need to take the money. Lots of guys want these boats, but have to finance them - and the banks won't lend on boats over 10 years old.

2. Likes NICE PAIR, NAVISPEED1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats.............. I guess.

MDS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the boat going to be raced over there? Congrats on the sale.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesufka View Post
    Congrats.............. I guess.

MDS
    Lol......no kidding!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightplan View Post
    Is the boat going to be raced over there? Congrats on the sale.
    No, the guy just sold his really nice Spectre 32 with inboards because he was tired of the maintenance/cost involved with the inboard boats. It's just going to be used for pleasure that I know of.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the Sale!
    Last edited by fvetere; 08-31-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fvetere View Post
    My buddy was strongly pursuing this boat - lot of BS going on with it - had cash in hand - everytime he went down to see it - ton of stories - motors were off - mtors wouldn't get over 2000 roms - the warranties weren't on these powerheads - don't believe everything you read.
    I looked at this boat and REALLY wanted to buy it but just couldn't make it happen financially. I can absolutely tell you or anyone else looking to purchase ANYTHING from Dale that he is 100% upfront and honest about everything. He is beyond knowledgeable about almost any performance boat.

9. Likes stoker2001, NAVISPEED1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would buy from Dale sight unseen, 100% straight up guy, no question about it.

2001 Velocity 220 - 300
    xs by
    DBR - Sold
    2001 Motion 25, 03-250
    xs's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy was strongly pursuing this boat - lot of BS going on with it - had cash in hand - everytime he went down to see it - ton of stories - motors were off - mtors wouldn't get over 2000 roms - the warranties weren't on these powerheads - don't believe everything you read.
    Who the hell are you? If you are the idiot from New York that kept saying you wanted it and you were going to have your buddy from out my way come look at the boat, you are full of ****. Nobody ever came to look at the boat (or even said they were coming to look at the boat), and all your BS but no $$$ about having shipping lined up, you would send your buddy with a check, blah, blah, blah. You're just a blow hard asshole that never did what he said he was going to do. The boat sold to a guy in Australia while all you did was talk about buying the boat. There is no BS on my end, I was very open and honest about exactly what was going on with this boat in both the ad on this site, as well as the ad on OSO. Go stroke somebody else with a boat for sale and leave my thread alone - this boat is 100% sold with funds received.

12. Likes MeCapnDave, Zukiride, chopper26 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a boat from Dale. Spoke to him on the phone for a good hour and he was very detailed about the boat and the sale. He even was detailed about setup of the boat and what he tried and what worked and what didn't. We agreed to the price pending a test drive and drove 5 hours and boat was exactly what he said it was! I would purchase again sight unseen without any problems!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    No, the guy just sold his really nice Spectre 32 with inboards because he was tired of the maintenance/cost involved with the inboard boats. It's just going to be used for pleasure that I know of.
    Congrats on the sale Dale ! You sold it to a very straight up guy !

I bought his old xr drives from his spectre when he upgraded to the x power drives , they where everything he told me and shipped them in a professional crate that cost serious money to me and kept me informed and always answer any email I send .

he will take good care of the boat and will do anything to keep it top notch !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor,
    My buddy lives in NY and has friend living in Cali. who attempted to see the boat - so yes probably the same person. He did not deal with the owner he dealt w/ a broker or salesman etc. He was told the engines were not on the boat and was having some issues getting over 2000rpm. He called when it was supposed to be completed and something else was up. I told him to buy it wo the motors - whatever it didn't work out. I wish he bought it - one of the nicest 28's i've seen - would have loved to see it remain in the States. Congrats on the sale Dale.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen this boat in person and is VERY LEGIT!!!! Everything that Dale posted on the ad of this boat was very upfront and true! Dale is straight up and no BS here, get your facts straight......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need to try to stir up **** on this thread. The deal is done. Everyone on here knows Dale is a straight shooter.

What is your point and reason for your comments?

18. Likes chopper26 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayzor,
    My buddy lives in NY and has friend living in Cali. who attempted to see the boat - so yes probably the same person. He did not deal with the owner he dealt w/ a broker or salesman etc. He was told the engines were not on the boat and was having some issues getting over 2000rpm. He called when it was supposed to be completed and something else was up. I told him to buy it wo the motors - whatever it didn't work out. I wish he bought it - one of the nicest 28's i've seen - would have loved to see it remain in the States. Congrats on the sale Dale.
    Do I have this right?

1.Me talked to-
    2.friend in New York who knows-
    3.friend in Cali who attempted to see boat through-
    4.broker/salesman who was told pertinent mechanics by-
    5.mystery person that knows pertinent mechanics-

So would this be considered 4th person bullsh!t, or 5th person bullsh!t?
    Last edited by Flightplan; 08-31-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast