Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1986 150hp v6 xr2 alarm issues

Ok I have read about every possible alarm forum on the Internet but none of them help me. Ok the motor runs great but had no alarm sound when key turned to on. I opened quicksilver control box and wires and alarm definitely were old and looked bad so I installed a new one, yet still no alarm sound. Next I took tan wire of terminal block and ground it directly to the head well then I had sound a constant alarm. So why won't alarm sound on the terminal block and only when ground to head? I need to figure out this first then I can dive into temperature sensors and senders.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannafarms View Post
    Ok I have read about every possible alarm forum on the Internet but none of them help me. Ok the motor runs great but had no alarm sound when key turned to on.
    has tha oiler been removed?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I have not yet removed oil injection system however I do plan to. But that shouldn't have anything to do with the continuous beep when key is just turned to on and that the alarm only makes any beep when I ground the wire to head and not to the terminal block. Also I have disconnected both the oil alarm wire that runs to same terminal block and the over heat wire from the same terminal block. Doesn't seem to change regardless of which wires I disconnect from terminal block. Example if wire from over heat sensor, wire from oil module and wire from harness to alarm are all hooked up to terminal block there is no sound, removing either overheat or oil from terminal block and keeping alarm wire on terminal block no sound, taking all wires to engine head its sled constant alarm, remove heat sensor or oil but leave alarm wire still constant alarm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannafarms View Post
    Ok the motor runs great but had no alarm sound when key turned to on.
    sorry.. by tha above thought ya meant tha self test when ya turned tha key on... totally confused now.

just key on, not usin' any type of outside ground do you get a buzzer?
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 07-26-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok key on with wires connected to terminal like they should be no alarm sound. Only way there is sound is if I ground the screw that holds the wires to terminal block. Or if I take the tan wire that runs the alarm off that terminal block and put it directly on motor. So in short the alarm only sounds if I ground it directly to motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats tha way its suppose ta work...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all alarm sensors (over heat and oiler module) go to ground completin' tha circuit when triggered.. tha module has a coupla sensor's that trigger it it then in turn triggers a modulating buzzer.. thats how ya know if tha buzzer is heat or oiler related....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that, but the buzzer is supposed to sound momentarily when the key is turned to on so that you know it is working correct? If true then why will it not make a sound unless the screw holding the wire is ground? Ok lets take the momentary alarm sound for key start out of the equation. Then how can I test to see if either heat sensor or oil mod is working? Iv unhooked both from the terminal block and got no alarm sound. Again only sound I get is if I ground the screw holding them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you don't get "self test" alarm (coupla odd beeps) when ya turn tha key ta on more than likely tha oiler module is bad..there is "no test" for tha module in that condition (no beeps when key is turned on). jus replace tha module or delete tha oiler....

the motor runs great but had no alarm sound when key turned to on.

now ya know why i asked tha orginal question.
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 07-26-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so delete fuel injection which I was already going to do but then still doesn't solve my problem of why alarm doesn't go off when key is turned. Plus then I won't know if heat sensor is bad. Anyone else wanna help. I know they alarm is supposed to sound when key is on and I know if you take off heat sensor wire then beep should be constant if not then sensor is bad and I know if oil sensor is taken off it should beep beep beep. But this guy's doesn't get what I'm saying

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you delete oil module and injection that won't make the warning alarm buzz when key is first turned because of it did it already would of because I disconnected that wire from the terminal block already and it changed nothing. Thanks for trying tho. I'm thinking of just taking out oil injection system and heat sensor and just running a heat gauge and sensor and water pressure gauge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    key to on position...............

bad module with oiler intact=no alarm
    oil injection removed=no alarm

these have absolutely nothing to do with over heat alarm.... leave it alone.......it will work as it should.
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 07-26-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok,im gonna jump in here with some advice for you bud.READ WHAT THIS MAN IS TELLING YOU!he has forgotten as much as many on here know.he has a firm understanding of what your alarm problem is. its getting harder to get good advice on here,your getting advice from one the best,but dont seem you to want to believe what he is trying to tell you,at this point,your lucky he is still trying to help you at all!if your alarm goes off when you ground the sensor,it works.disconnect all the oil stuff you want,the alarm is not going to sound if the module is bad,as it sounds like it it is!do away with the oil injection system and premix and just be done with it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry wasn't trying to say he was completely wrong I appreciate any advice I can get. Here is why I'm confused ok forget about the oil injection system I know that is going to be deleted and I have already disconnected the wires for it. So I'm confused because my manual says if warning horn fails two sound with key on to ground it which I did and that work so ok alarm itself is working so that's good. So without oil injection wires hooked up the alarm is not going to give me a test beep to tell me that the alarm is working? I need to know if it goes bad because that's what will sound of my engine overheats. And is there away to test to see if overheat sensor is working?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also since you guys are helping can ya tell me why there is a hole next to water relief valve in this picture? Am I missing a part? and shouldn't there be a water line running to water valve or something? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	350857

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast