Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation I have a question about my 87 hydrostream valero yt hull shape !!!!!

So I am currently in the recore process on my valero yt and I'm not sure if the hull is supposed to have these longitudal curves in the bottom of the boat or if the core is so bad that the hull is bending on the trailer. If that is the case then I just need to get it off the trailer and build a cradle for it to straighten it out before putting new core in. If it is supposed to be curved in those to spots then I will recore as is. Desperately looking for someone with knowledge of the valero yt hull shape. It was difficult to get a good picture of the spot that I am talking about but if you look at the support for the bunks of the trailer that's where I think it is flexing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160707_172332.jpg   20160707_172238.jpg  

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbottedgirl View Post
    So I am currently in the recore process on my valero yt and I'm not sure if the hull is supposed to have these longitudal curves in the bottom of the boat or if the core is so bad that the hull is bending on the trailer. If that is the case then I just need to get it off the trailer and build a cradle for it to straighten it out before putting new core in. If it is supposed to be curved in those to spots then I will recore as is. Desperately looking for someone with knowledge of the valero yt hull shape. It was difficult to get a good picture of the spot that I am talking about but if you look at the support for the bunks of the trailer that's where I think it is flexing
    To do a re-core the boat should not be on a trailer any way !
    I THINK I saw what you talking about trailers do more long term damage to hull bottoms that any thing else .
    It will possibly be more obvious once you get it off the trailer if the shape is meant to be there or not. The shape should also be obvious Inside the hull as well . If it looks strange it will be !
    What's the core like inside the hull ? rotten ??and what thickness? what glass is there over the top of the core ??
    Need to post lots photos with lots of detail is a great help to answering your questions
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Have lived and worked in New Zealand ,Tahiti,Australia,Japan , south Korea, And now Suzhou in China
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so is the boat off the trailer ?? what did you find ?? like I suggested have a look inside the hull and use a straightedge !or a fairing batten and that will give you a good idea what's there
    Last edited by tunnels; 07-15-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    Messing round with boats is fun !! the learning never stops ,even after more than 30 years there's always something new happening somewhere ! BUT somethings never change and some problems never go away and just keep reoccurring !!so moved into Composite Forensics , Now that something completely new !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found someone with the same boat and the bottom is straight, currently working on a way to get it off the trailer and get it back into shape

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbottedgirl View Post
    I found someone with the same boat and the bottom is straight, currently working on a way to get it off the trailer and get it back into shape
    AND while its off the trailer a way to redo the bunks so they are the right shape and it wont happen again !
    Like I said trailers do more damage that most other things specially rollers as the localized point loading it very high and boats spend a lot of time just sitting and if the are stored outside and get filled with rain water that's even worse .

Have fun !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say you are in need of some new bunks. The metal bunk support is what is holding the hull up and not the complete length of the bunk.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    I would say you are in need of some new bunks. The metal bunk support is what is holding the hull up and not the complete length of the bunk.

Karsten
    photos are best way to describe so everyone can SEE what you are talking about .

8. Thanks Timothy Hoffman thanked for this post
    Likes Timothy Hoffman liked this post