Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We are a full service machine shop here but occasionally we need something a little out of our wheel house or we just dont have the time to create it. So a text to my dear friend Chaz usually followed up by a phone call of mostly nonsense and food related teasing and we are in business. Hasn't let us down yet and the nice thing is he takes care of our stuff before Tux's even if he has to drop whats he is doing to accommodate a race date we might have or and anxious customer. Not a better person on this board to deal with, Word

4. Likes hydrochicken, NICE PAIR, tux974, Slimm liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Still waiting!

This is a follow up from my post in July! Got a hold of Ron on August 3rd, he answered the phone told me just a few more days, haven't been able to get a hold of him since. He's had my block since February, I paid over $2400 for insurance for the year and my layup period is coming up in October and I haven't been able to use my boat once . Could one of you guys that keep telling us how great Ron is please stop by his place and have him put my block back in my crate and ship it back to me I would greatly appreciate it. I will gladly pay him for whatever work has been done, I just want my block back.

Thanks,
    Caleb Reese

6. Thanks hydrochicken thanked for this post
    Likes Mr. Demeanor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by time warp View Post
    This is a follow up from my post in July! Got a hold of Ron on August 3rd, he answered the phone told me just a few more days, haven't been able to get a hold of him since. He's had my block since February, I paid over $2400 for insurance for the year and my layup period is coming up in October and I haven't been able to use my boat once . Could one of you guys that keep telling us how great Ron is please stop by his place and have him put my block back in my crate and ship it back to me I would greatly appreciate it. I will gladly pay him for whatever work has been done, I just want my block back.

Thanks,
    Caleb Reese
    I got a hold of him this morning after trying him all last week,understand he took some time off?he repaired huge hole in 2.5 280 block that I thought was scrap metal!!still say his work is as good as Rucks,but maybey not as timely or the phone service not so much
    "Whacker Smacker" #561 IHBA M/E div1 2007& 2006 first looser champion
    2007 Sportsmen Driver of the Year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stoker2001 View Post
    I got a hold of him this morning after trying him all last week,understand he took some time off?he repaired huge hole in 2.5 280 block that I thought was scrap metal!!still say his work is as good as Rucks,but maybey not as timely or the phone service not so much
    Did you even read my posts? How long did he have your block?
    So you couldn't get a hold of him for a whole week and that's supposed to make it better for me? He took some time off? He could have taken 5 months off and still had 2 months to fix my block.
    Last edited by time warp; 09-27-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A couple of things that could be helpful if he reads and practices!

#1- Good communication will prevent complication!!!!

~Do not take work on that can not be turned around in a timely matter or acceptable to customer/client!
    ~Be up front with customer/client on when they can expect to get their item/part back once received and inspected! If they say OK I'll wait fine or put it back in shipping box and return to sender. This will save a lot of grief to both parties and most importantly your reputation.
    ~If you commit to a return date....do what ever it takes to get it done even within a couple of day!!!!
    ~Having a customer/client be forced to call your establishment more then a couple of times before response is not acceptable in any business.
    ~If you like to go away, take vacations regularly then you need to go work for someone or a company that can cover your time/days off!
    ~Heck if he called Ruck I'm sure he would have told him....."I take very little time off and work very long days every day"
    ~Normal practice today, take on as much as you can get even if your end result, reputation or work quality will suffer!!
    ~IMPO, it does not matter how good you are, it is not good or productive to anyone not to mention very frustrating if you can not conduct business or communicate in a proper or timely matter!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not making excuses for anyone and have no dog in this and probably shouldn't even be posting this. BUT lol.. Ideally what Tux wrote would be great. Its unfortunate there are guys that can do the work and great work, but lack in all of the above big time. If only they can realise before its to late what they should be providing as a {service} there businesses would thrive. Personal reasons rarely is an excuse even when traumatic. If thats the case then one needs to get there poop together long enough and explain themselves long before time and patients of there customers has run out as in this case. Hope this Ron can start to make good for all your sakes. It sounds like he has a long road ahead if he can ever start to turn this mess around. kudos for everyone banding together to help. Yet another way Scream and Fly is so awesome..
    Last edited by whipper; 09-27-2016 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whipper, running a business is not for everyone or is it easy but if you decide to take the task on you better do it right especially in today's world! If you can not do it and do it professionally or follow some of my pointed out points then you need to work for someone and let them run the front of the house!
    At the end of the day he will only be hurting his business and reputation this way!
    Just hope if he is that good and reads this he can take some of the advices and posting as constructive or helpful critisim.

Tony

12. Likes NICE PAIR, Frank Molé, whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This little high performance outboard community is too small and tight to screw up this many times and not lose most of your clients.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by time warp View Post
    Did you even read my posts? How long did he have your block?
    So you couldn't get a hold of him for a whole week and that's supposed to make it better for me? He took some time off? He could have taken 5 months off and still had 2 months to fix my block.
    sorry about your dealings with Ron.He had my block for 4+ months,but I told him no hurry.always two sides to a story..hard to believe he avoided you for seven months..just my $.02
    "Whacker Smacker" #561 IHBA M/E div1 2007& 2006 first looser champion
    2007 Sportsmen Driver of the Year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rule # 1 , NEVER , EVER , EVER tell anyone "no rush , take your time " . With my own business due to local pressures from boat dealers I have been caught in this trap .
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

16. Likes tux974, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this boy was I lucky. He turned my block around in less than 2 weeks and called me back the same day when I left a message.
    Sorry to hear, been in the same crappy situation before with others.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foley View Post
    Rule # 1 , NEVER , EVER , EVER tell anyone "no rush , take your time " . With my own business due to local pressures from boat dealers I have been caught in this trap .
    I have done this trying to be nice and hoping that it would get me a price break at the end but I don't ever recalling it coming out in my favor. Everyone just remembers that it was in there shop for a year so they charge as if they were working on it for a year. Tell them you need like yesterday as Tom recommended.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for an update... I had a couple engine builders friends (with influence on Ron) and one local person put some pressure on Ron and he finally took my calls... he apologized and detailed his personal issues, but assured me all was now sorted out... i felt good about the call and he more than made it up to me in reduced costs for doing the works, so i got both block back and all was well... I felt good about our conversation and since i have never had issues with him before, i decided to give him a another chance, so i sent an older 2.4 block that needed some work and some heads that were needing some cutting to see how that went... he was all over it the work, calling me e-mailing me, helping with a couple issues... he was awesome... he finally said he had all the work done and would be shipping it August 19th... i was thrilled... i really wanted to get on here and tell you all a great story.... but... then he went silent again... no block or heads ever showed up, he is once again is dodging my calls and not responding to e-mails... WTF! this is just too bad as he seems like a hell of a good guy... i am hoping he was just away on vacation and there is some explanation, but sadly i don't believe that will be the case... i will not drop the ball... i will get my stuff back...
    Mike Nass
    Haulin Nass RaceBoats (HNR)
    www.haulinnassraceboats.com
    e-mail - MikeNass@shaw.ca
    phone - 604-230-4835

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged