Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JPEROG, I've got a brand new Mercury Racing labbed 26" cleaver, can't figure out how to get it on the shaft. Cleavers work best on these hulls, with the mods we made. Eric from Image Marine in Seminole FL designed the hull. He extended the strakes to the transom, and put a "virtual pad" on the bottom. Runs nose down, fast and solid. Picks up just enough air to air out with one person. Cleavers have treated me best so far, and I've tried 15 props on this boat, LOL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    That's really awesome. Growing up, I wanted a 15' Whaler so badly. I still do. Those are, in my opinion, the coolest Whalers ever made.

Greg
    Me too Greg. I can remember sitting at the end of our dock and watching "the cool guys" run their ski-tiques, nautiques, century ski furys and master crafts thinking man it couldn't get any better then that. So for a while I went through the small inboard faze to fill that void and had everyone of them all to find out that they were just okay but cool little boats. The little whaler is much more fun as it will really air up and keep your attention at speed. All that we want for our kids is to give them more then we had....

Joe

3. Likes Scream And Fly, AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesgt727 View Post
    JPEROG, I've got a brand new Mercury Racing labbed 26" cleaver, can't figure out how to get it on the shaft. Cleavers work best on these hulls, with the mods we made. Eric from Image Marine in Seminole FL designed the hull. He extended the strakes to the transom, and put a "virtual pad" on the bottom. Runs nose down, fast and solid. Picks up just enough air to air out with one person. Cleavers have treated me best so far, and I've tried 15 props on this boat, LOL.
    I will get a cleaver and let you know if its better. I had a pro et that was worked but it gave it so much lift that it wanted to paddle wheel around on me when we were turning. My strakes are all of the way to the rear as well, it really acts like a little tunnel and doesn't lean or anything when you turn it. Doug's a really smart guy and likes my son so we got a one of one and he likes to tell his buddies that he has a Doug Wright LOL...

Joe

5. Likes MeCapnDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24" was too small, 28" is only wonderful with one person, the labbed 26" seems like the perfect choice for mine, if I can just get it mounted. This video was shot using the 28", with a full tank @ 10 gallon, a gear bag (about 40 lbs) and two guys roughly 400 lbs combined. With just me, light fuel, and my gear bag the 28" screams, but it's rare for me to go by myself. I'm in for a Whaler showdown, lets organize it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Me too Greg. I can remember sitting at the end of our dock and watching "the cool guys" run their ski-tiques, nautiques, century ski furys and master crafts thinking man it couldn't get any better then that. So for a while I went through the small inboard faze to fill that void and had everyone of them all to find out that they were just okay but cool little boats. The little whaler is much more fun as it will really air up and keep your attention at speed. All that we want for our kids is to give them more then we had....

Joe
    Joe, absolutely! I could not agree more. I have a 13' Carolina Skiff, and while it's certainly no Boston Whaler, it provides much of the same fun I had in my 13' Whaler. I remember growing up, it was the dream of every kid in my school to own a 13' Whaler. The 15' was just beyond dreams - it would have been like winning the lottery to most of us in our teens. I remember wanting a 15' Whaler with a 70 Evinrude so badly - I would dream about that in high school all day, just trying to imagine how cool it would be to own it and show it off.

To this very day, I think those Whalers are the coolest boats ever, and provide the most fun. I will always have a place in my heart for a classic Boston Whaler. And while the current generation of Boston Whaler boats are definitely nice, I still prefer the classic models.

When Carolina Skiff introduced the JV series, they were clearly imitating the Boston Whaler 'smirk'. My brother has my 13' Whaler now and still uses it with his family. Even though I like my little Carolina Skiff JV13, it doesn't come close to my old Whaler. One day I'll find a super-mint 13 or 15 and relive those dreams

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

8. Likes MeCapnDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Great job, looks fantastic.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool way to make a Whaler really stand out. I love having cool and different stuff nobody has seen and makes people do a double take when you go by them. Nice work!!!!

I figured you would see this Tux. You going to do this to your Whaler?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a kid that is all I ever dreamed about, a Whaler with a "tower of power" on it!
    Dream finally came true a very long time ago! 16'7" with a "buck and a half" on it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bw 1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	344931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bw 2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	344932

12. Likes tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Joe, absolutely! I could not agree more. I have a 13' Carolina Skiff, and while it's certainly no Boston Whaler, it provides much of the same fun I had in my 13' Whaler. I remember growing up, it was the dream of every kid in my school to own a 13' Whaler. The 15' was just beyond dreams - it would have been like winning the lottery to most of us in our teens. I remember wanting a 15' Whaler with a 70 Evinrude so badly - I would dream about that in high school all day, just trying to imagine how cool it would be to own it and show it off.

To this very day, I think those Whalers are the coolest boats ever, and provide the most fun. I will always have a place in my heart for a classic Boston Whaler. And while the current generation of Boston Whaler boats are definitely nice, I still prefer the classic models.

When Carolina Skiff introduced the JV series, they were clearly imitating the Boston Whaler 'smirk'. My brother has my 13' Whaler now and still uses it with his family. Even though I like my little Carolina Skiff JV13, it doesn't come close to my old Whaler. One day I'll find a super-mint 13 or 15 and relive those dreams

Greg, having owned a couple as child I agree old style is just classic! I will say though the new style bottom on my new 17 Montauk gives an awesome and very dry ride, no more spray splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja170 View Post
    Cool way to make a Whaler really stand out. I love having cool and different stuff nobody has seen and makes people do a double take when you go by them. Nice work!!!!

I figured you would see this Tux. You going to do this to your Whaler?
    Will, Since my 4 stroke weighs in the same as a 225PM anything is possible with me.... Boy it would be cool with a 14.5x30 Cleaver...

14. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is one sweet sled!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i had the whaler dream as a kid too, pop just couldn't afford one. The new ones don't do it for me either, so I found the worst beater and gave it new life.

This is what it looked like when i brought it home. Gave the motor to the seller for the delivery fee
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	344978

17. Likes tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent! Love the Whalers myself. I got this from a friend for free as needs work. 10 foot Olympian. Got a 15 Rude for it for starts, but its still way down the list as too much stuff to use as it is!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5304317-1.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	344980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5304318-1.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	344981
    Last edited by Robby321; 06-01-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After about 40 years i finally got my 13 foot whaler with a 40 Johnson , it needs to be redone but im sure it will be a blast . Mid seventies my family and i were cruising up the CT river around Deep River in our 32 ft Luhrs and these young kids were jumping our wake in a 13 footer with a 40 Johnson man was i jealous .

20. Likes tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it. Beautiful restoration. Love Phil Collins in the background too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesgt727 View Post
    http://whalercentral.com/infusions/p...?user_id=20365

Its a 1987 Hull, with a 1995 Motor. Basically everything is new or restored. The hull was modified, with a pad. Attached above are some of the photos I have of it.

heres a walkaround video showing all the mods.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Simple freaking EXCELLENT! Best of the best! Speechless!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast