Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guessing these rigs are propped more for acceleration than top end. I agree with Tux where I would want the lightest motor on the back that would accomplish this.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    I heard something about fuel.
    My uneducated response/question is, what difference does it make if the motor or racer runs fuel (NO spray) and keeps HP under the approved 300?? Is the class unmolested stock motors only? I'm asking because i do not know.
    To me once again (uneducated) feel that a 3.0L is not the motor for this class when running a light 22' boat.
    To me the idea is to produce the max HP on a motor down low, get to 60 ASAP, keep the boat with proper control in the turns, accelerated well, setup to best hook up HP to water and keeping boat extremely well balanced especially under some of those conditions.

PS; I'm commenting on this thread because I have been around some of these guys from the beginning!!!

BTW, I have a few motors sitting waiting for the right transom along with this LITTLE PH under the cover built to run on the right SOB.... Out for more parts will be back shortly....

Tony, thank you SOOO much for the coils! And a big THANKS to Richie for all his time and efforts getting me going! Your coils seem to have resolved my problem. I'll be out testing today, I'll let you know what I think about the 3L. So far I can say that the protective fail safes, ie water pressure shutdown, have been problematic.

3. Thanks tux974 thanked for this post
    Likes tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good day of testing, Richie's motor ran like clock with Tony's coils. Caught some air in some snotty mixed chop out by Coney Island. No water pressure issues since Richie's mods this morning. Propped for 60, but still spanked the "80" mph jet ski's

5. Thanks tux974 thanked for this post
    Likes tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the best when these guys on the skis say they go 80 but u go right by them at 65 lol. U stop afterwords to bs n they say "how fast were you going 85?" And you show him your gps that says 68. And they say your gps is broke lol good stuff lol

7. Likes tux974, bayratpg liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Hence the 4 cyl looper and it wont be 300 hp (advertised). Have a great Memorial day weekend.
    I say talk is cheap, bring it on.... What is one to do with 500hp on an 1000lb hull to run 60mph max.... Seems to me a total waste.... Yes, you and the guys down there also!!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by bayratpg View Post
    Tony, thank you SOOO much for the coils! And a big THANKS to Richie for all his time and efforts getting me going! Your coils seem to have resolved my problem. I'll be out testing today, I'll let you know what I think about the 3L. So far I can say that the protective fail safes, ie water pressure shutdown, have been problematic.
    Peter, very glad to been able to help!! When you r ready I have a little 100hp that will surely produce some serious whoop azz.....

IMPO, being this is a low budget/entry class the key factor is get a reliable motor, low maintenance, build it to turn rpms in a snap (sling shot style) and get the setup plus propping right to put that power to the water! I see no reason someone can not get a 250hp motor, maybe even less to push an 1000lb hull 60mph.
    Yes, 3.0l are torque but nothing beats the throttle response of a healthy and well running 2.5EFI! Yes, the 3.0l can run but from what I have experienced it took time and distance to get it there, not good for this pin to pin racing.
    I see no need to build an expensive 350+hp fire breather so big cheating I see it to be a waste.
    Let's take a 280 for example. It produces the best power depending on box above 7k min so most of the time it is not even running at its potential in this class and if you do get it up there I'm sure you are out of the water or breaking out. What gets it there is the giddy up/throttle response.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think what I have seen happen is this class is, many said hey this class is perfect for my 21-22' boat with a reliable let's say 2.5 200 that is setup for bay running or bay bombing enter the class and quickly find out oh this is not so easy. They find out that most of these guys are pretty serious so they either start finding ways to improve the boat, setup, upgrade motors etc to be able to become competitive or sadly totally drop out. Having a good setup bay/weekend family fun boat most probably not work in competition.
    Even though it looks to be an affordable class it may not be so affordable for everyone when they need to just about redo and repower the entire boat. Once you start to add things up not to mention the traveling it does add up. JMPO.

10. Likes bayratpg liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bayratpg View Post
    The rules I wanted were to keep the class affordable and fair. There are only so many ponies in a 2.5 200 stell sleeve, stock porting, 135 compression. At 3000lbs gross, the speeds would be comparable and a guy could show up with an old carb motor and be competitive. Try that now. Not likely.
    Peter, I get what you are saying but it will not break the bank to make that little 200 reliable and very competitive. Once again the key factor to me would be to get that motor hooked up to produce the 60mph in a snap, sling shot style out of a turn and in the straight a ways to next pin...JMO

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All composite and for offshore

Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    We are still talking about building a 4 cyl looper for the class and getting this rallysport up and running. Gotta give john norton a call and see what the hit is to put transome and stringers in it.

All composite and built for offshore but be strong and light. Killer acceleration I bet

Thanks Fullers Marine Best in the Business..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great pleasure boat these kryptonites are. Nicest 22' boat I ever owned
    motor and hull completely legal. Been out in Friday all day Saturday. Taking kids tubing today and all day tomorrow
    . Love it. Next stop Lake of the Ozarks
    Last edited by kbirdmon; 05-29-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedwitthestix View Post
    That's the best when these guys on the skis say they go 80 but u go right by them at 65 lol. U stop afterwords to bs n they say "how fast were you going 85?" And you show him your gps that says 68. And they say your gps is broke lol good stuff lol
    Been there done that.... With white hair and a 35hp OMC on my SLT .... BUT unfortunatley not 68 mph ! lol Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one on the lake here that kept getting about 35 feet off the side of my Shadow running 75+MPH. I turned and ran away from him 3 times and he kept hiding and waiting for me to come back and try to run with me. You know how close I came from blasting him off that thing with my roost? I finally just hammered down and left him, but no ****, he was 75MPH GPS at least all day long and right beside me 3 times.

I got pulled over for a safety check later in the day and I asked the wildlife guys about him. They said they would ticket him if they saw that. Next time he gets the roost, if I know you and plan to run down the lake with you and we are close to each other one thing. Some ass on a 75MPH ski stalking you and running 35 feet away is about to get taught a lesson next time he does that **** to me. He lives here too because it was a weekday I saw him and I have seen him before during the week. Maybe I will see him on Tuesday when I take out the Intimidator, all the legal paperwork is done and the numbers were applied yesterday.

Tony, I want two of those power heads, please sell them to me man.

I have never seen a ski that fast before but some of my friends I told about it say they go faster than that. I saw two Can-AM or whatever MBRP that said 130HP on them yesterday at the marina.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stock the fastest ones go 70. But they all say 80+ lol. Some do go that fast but with a lot of mods. And your right. It's usually rookies on the skis giving them a bad name. I wouldn't run rail to rail with them either.....

17. Thanks Baja170 thanked for this post
    Likes Baja170 liked this post
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stock the fastest ones go 70. But they all say 80+ lol. Some do go that fast but with a lot of mods. And your right. It's usually rookies on the skis giving them a bad name. I wouldn't run rail to rail with them either.....
    I went to the boat ramp with my super and there were a couple of guys idling around and the asked me if my boat was fast. I said how fast is your jet ski and they proudly claimed 80mph, I responded with "Oh, well its way faster than that". They left.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And 80 prob wasn't true anyway. But there clueless. They really believe the "dreamometer". And I'm the one with the broken gps.....

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I forget to say my X was still in break in from having my computer remapped and I still caught them with only 75% power

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast