Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Post Lets boost up site support/////////////////////////////

LETS NOT FORGET TO HELP OUT THIS GREAT SITE,GREG HAS DONE A TON OF WORK HERE AND I THINK WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT THIS GREAT PLACE ANY WAY WE CAN THE BEST PLACE FOR OUR BOATING FIX ON THE NET............ THANKS GREG AND CHECK YOUR PAYPAL ...ANYBODY THAT HELPS OUT AND LETS ME KNOW 10% DISCOUNT ON NEXT TRANSPORT............THANKS EVERYBODY FOR ANYTHING YOU CAN DO.............. FRANK............
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

wow...............
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............

...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do we still get a yearly email as a reminder? That's when I send some cash.

4. Thanks Frank Molé thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much Frank, I appreciate it. And I really appreciate the support you and everyone gives us. Especially now, with all the costs involved in everything we're doing to upgrade the site, it's crucial.

Paul, by default, the forum should send an email. And I really appreciate your Team Membership support. It really, truly helps the site out a great deal.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

6. Thanks Frank Molé thanked for this post
    Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Molé View Post
    wow...............
    yes, sir....

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Do we still get a yearly email as a reminder? That's when I send some cash.
    Hows is today.....

8. Thanks Frank Molé thanked for this post
    Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you should re think the sellers not being team members at a minimum. Have seen lots of stuff for sale by 1 or 2 post people. Where else would you get this exposure for 25 bucks. JMO

10. Likes Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    I think you should re think the sellers not being team members at a minimum. Have seen lots of stuff for sale by 1 or 2 post people. Where else would you get this exposure for 25 bucks. JMO
    right should be 35 min...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And businesses that operate on the very fringes of our rules to do everything they possibly can to avoid becoming a Supporting Vendor. They will promote their products in ways that [they think] appears as if they are simply helping out the community but the bottom line is, they charge for their products or services and they're taking advantage of this site. It's not like becoming a Supporting Vendor is expensive. The price has remained absolutely the same since 2002. We know who they are, too.

I am so grateful for our Supporting Vendors, Supporting Members, and Team Members. Scream And Fly's operating costs absolutely require that support. And with all of the money we've had to spend on upgrades to the site and its infrastructure, I am so truly thankful those of you that support the site. Scream And Fly would simply not exist without it.

The site's traffic is better than ever, which is a great thing. But that also means we need to upgrade our server routinely to keep up, which we are actually in the midst of again, right now. It costs a lot of money, and we have a lot more upgrades needed to the site forthcoming. Your support is the very life of Scream And Fly. Thank you so very much - it really motivates me to work as hard as I can on the site to make it the best it can be.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

13. Likes MeCapnDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so I paid now to be a "real" member even though I've always tried to "support" the site by clicking on the ads when there was something I needed or wanted to look at.

But (and hopefully this will be taken as "constructive" criticism the way it's meant) there is really nothing "there" for me. I don't have anything to sell, I don't even view the silly signatures, and I have about 10 messages in 10 years here to "store" due to all the friends I've made I suppose. LOL

I am absolutely happy to kick n $75 toward the cost of running the site because I've gotten more than that out of the site every year that I've been here BUT... I've looked at the "Team Membership" many times and thought "there's nothing there for me" so all I'm suggesting is possibly re-thinking the membership structure?

Honestly, I would rather kick in $75 and get a $10 t-shirt than pay $25 and get more message storage. It seems that primary incentive for many people to invest in the membership is when they have some $1,000 hunk of iron they want to unload here?

Anyway, what I meant to say "thank you" to Greg and everyone involved for providing this awesome resource!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree that we all need to help Greg support the cost of this site just for the pure enjoyment of being able to get on here as often as we do, however, I think that selling shirts, hats, and stickers would be more effective and more desirable to most of the members. I have no problem paying a $200.00 per year and receiving a current years shirt that indicates supporter/team member on it or whatever with the option of purchasing additional ones as well.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agreed. The site has an untouched market for shirts, decals, stickers, cozzies, etc. Just look at all the stuff Bill O'Reilly sells to support his charities

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys it all sounds easy but why do we need to get something for free in return for kicking in a few $'s to help support the site? The idea is to help support the COST of having and upkeeping this place, not cheap.
    IMPO, Just having the site to come too, read, learn, sell, purchase a part etc should be enough. Not to mention all the very helpful and important info many of the members provide here.

18. Likes specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It just irks me to see a person with one post and its a for sale ad. Its only 25 bucks people. Greg has anyone, who was not at least a Team Member, kicked back to the site after selling a boat? Once its sold they are never heard from again. Same thing (for me) of the ebay ads. And Greg you are 100% right, there are lots of people who have thriving business in the real world that use the site to sell their wares. A number of them have their own website and ebay store. They should be made to be a supporting member at the very least.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agreed. The site has an untouched market for shirts, decals, stickers, cozzies, etc. Just look at all the stuff Bill O'Reilly sells to support his charities
    All sounds great but that will create a new thing/job to deal with...like...product purchase, receiving products, inventory products, taking orders, processing orders, package products, ship products, track shipments, sort out and respond to emails, PM's phone calls....(I did not get my stuff yet and sent the funds yesterday) etc.......
    It could be another major PIA......
    I'm very sure Bill has a full team taking care of that end of the business......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It just irks me to see a person with one post and its a for sale ad. Its only 25 bucks people. Greg has anyone, who was not at least a Team Member, kicked back to the site after selling a boat? Once its sold they are never heard from again. Same thing (for me) of the ebay ads. And Greg you are 100% right, there are lots of people who have thriving business in the real world that use the site to sell their wares. A number of them have their own website and ebay store. They should be made to be a supporting member at the very least.
    I have told Greg he is way toooo nice.....

The other thing that I see regularly is guys that are on here all the time for years and never consider sending those little $25 plus are the first to complain or bad mouth the site.....If it was up to me your stay would be short lived here!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast