Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Nice video! Hard to beat the sound of those Merc's in stereo.......

4. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was shot on my cell phone yesterday. Sorry my buddy held it vertically. What you are seeing is only half the video as well. Since the boat sat for a few+ years, I am on and off the gas a lot more (too much) in the beginning of this video. I know it is hard on lowers. I will also wear at least a right shoe today, it is pretty hard on the foot and be less abrupt on and off the throttle. I was testing a weird issue but I figured it out last night in my sleep woke up and was like BAM figured it out!! Gotta give JamesGang a call to verify my thoughts.

The second part of the video is higher RPM and steady just hauling ass down the roughest part of the lake going into the wind and airing out the boat. I am going back today for more. I still have been advised to vary RPM for another tank of gas or two until all the old oil and whatever else might be in the fuel system and injectors is cleared out but I will be a lot less abrupt on the pedal.

I do love the boat though for sure. There is absolutely NOTHING like this boat on our lake. I am sure the first time the TWRA see me out there, I will be getting pulled.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    looks great,fun city..................
    TRANSPORT SERVICE...UP TO 36 FEET....YOUR TRAILER OR MINE... FULLY INSURED...............
    DOT & CDL COMPLIANT $500,000.00 CARGO & 1 MILLION LIABILITY.

LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE, LESS CROWED BETTER VIEW
    ...............2022 3500 HD SILVERADO DUALLY 6.6 TURBO. 8 FT BED...LETS PULL IT.................

http://www.frankmoletransport.com/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is I need to drive the boat more and run a bunch of gas through it. I can handle that. And I will be on and off the throttle less so I don't blow a lower. Still getting used to this boat. On my Cougar if you over work the throttles you blow an upper. Everything takes learning but this thing is a rocket for sure and an absolute blast to drive. Love it!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't beat the sound of twins
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

9. Likes tux974 liked this post
    #2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

should be an extreamly FUN playboat. just not getting your logic on having to get into it and let off to save the lowers. ??? I've watched a bunch of offshore races, and none of those guys do anything but run balls to the wall. maby I just don't get it. ENJOY fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask the two high dollar bass boaters I SMOKED today what they think of it. Fast way to go through 60 gallons of gas but sure was fun. I got my GoPro memory cards today. I WILL be shooting soem video after we get snow Friday and Saturday night.... COme on home spring. It was 70 on teh lake today. The fastest bass boat was shooting a HUGE roost, and it was a Bullet. I came up from behind and overtook him properly, then I went to idle and stopped waited for him and from a dead stop smoked his ass very quickly. Love the Shadow. Need to get about 120 more gallons run through it and it will be spot on. The R&D of ChrisM and JamesGang I got in this boat.... priceless. WAY easier to drive fast than my Cougar.

You know the Cougar is loud and looks SMOKING fast and no bass boats have ever even tried to race me. Today two bass boats tried and got SMOKED. Pretty wild day. The Cougar is just as fast as the Shadow,, it just takes a little time to get the air packed under it. The Shadow is a rocket ship but it has 100 hour between rebuilds especially how I drive it 260's on it. What is a man to do???? Damn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    should be an extreamly FUN playboat. just not getting your logic on having to get into it and let off to save the lowers. ??? I've watched a bunch of offshore races, and none of those guys do anything but run balls to the wall. maby I just don't get it. ENJOY fun out
    I am getting into it and out of it varying the RPM because it sat for 3+ years and we drained the 62 gallon and the surge tank and I have only run 60 gallons through it since.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    it looks like the trim on the port motor is leaking down , looked way tucked under by the end of the video?
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had two trim switches on the dash. I was trying to match RPM but now I know it was the props. The 30P matched set I was running today took very very little trim difference to sync. I am still learning how to drive this boat. Like every new boat, it takes some time. I have about 5 hours in the seat so far. I may get some kind of trim syng device and put the control for it on the floor and control it with my left foot is there is such a thing. If not I have a buddy who is an electrical engineer and I am sure he can figure something out. I hate reaching up to the dash and fighting the G force to trim this boat. If you know of a solution to use one synced trim device please tell me what it is and it will be installed yesterday.

No trim leaks, the boat is in phenomenal condition for it's age and it has been at the guys house who drove it many times 20 years ago for 4 days and thoroughly checked over. Two new Holley surge tank pumps installed as well as a lot of new hoses, filters etc. High pressure EFI pumps are working to spec and there are two new 20 micron Bosch filters on the high pressure side. The Holley red's pull gas out of the main 62 gallon tank, through water/fuel separators and into a surge tank with two hoses running back to the main tank. The high pressure EFI pumps feed off the bottom of the surge tank and then go through 20 micron filters before going to the fuel rails. The boat is setup right. Thank you ChrisM and JamesGang.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mechanical trim indicators you need .

16. Likes Baja170 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Livorsi sells the diodes to control two trims with one switch. Not expensive and easy to hook up.
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

18. Likes Baja170 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I may put trim indicators and the Livorsi Diodes. I would also like a left foot operated switch and I know they make one because Greg runs a left foot trim switch in his Progression. Who has the best prices on Livorsi? I would like to replace the gauges as they are 25+ years old as well but I need something black on black to look period correct as I can. I also need to figure out what size they all are.

Thanks for the tips!! I need help finding the sizes and gauges for this boat. I don't want to spoil the look but I want accurate new gauges and a GPS speedo in this thing. Anybody know from the pic what I need to buy? I have a dealer who can order me and sell me for a good deal what I want but I don't know anything about hole sizes or anything about updating them. Please PM me if you can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5531.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    I would try to be smooth with the sticks just because the racers kill there machines does mean you should. Yes the lower unit is strong but why push it . Parts break its not cheap to repair go and have some fun keep the video coming. I read that will was told to run the boat up and down on the throttle for the first two tanks .
    Last edited by Activated; 03-18-2016 at 06:41 AM.

21. Likes Baja170 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast