Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STV RR View Post
    Thanks Greg for all your support!!!
    And thank you Greg for covering this. Wow wow wow, what a piece!
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave for the support the booth has been full all weekend so far and we have 7 guys helping support the Booth this weekend. We're glad everyone excited we have had 350 email to the website alone so yes we're busy for sure.

Mark
    Keep chopping wood!!!
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Up to and including turn key drop ons?
    Turn key prices minus the electronics would be good.to know, I did however think that you guys would be the ones selling these. Dealing with a middleman (dealer), will only markup the price and make it a bit challenging to track one down, order and/or ship rather than just deal with CRT directly. Hopefully after the show we can get all questions answered. These are definitely beautiful engines
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

4. Likes Star1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave!!! While its clear that everyone can never be satisfied both on open forums or social media, business transactions etc etc and the list is endless. With that being said. This goes back and is deeper than just here on Scream and Fly. This POC (Proof Of Concept) Engine made its Debut at Jasper last year. And its performance, concept and potential was very impressive aside from its unexpected display of Submarining capabilities. And everyone was glad that Shane wasn't injured. Even with that unfortunate mishap People were overly excited and Hyped!!! And Back in late November or Early December Crystal Ellis Posted about this engine on Face Book. As with this thread she got Bombarded with the exact same questions. Basically everyone wanted/wants the know the cost. And by Cost the complete cost. Her response as was others that are in the inner circle on this motor kept saying. Everything will be disclosed and all questions answered at the Miami Boat Show? While that doesn't seem to be the case for what ever reason.

I would hope that everyone interested in this new development can understand the amount of R&D & Investment that went into this. And I'm sure that CRT hasn't seen a single dime of ROI as of yet. As a Small business owner I can understand that pain all to well.

And as with others I was extremely excited when I heard $15k to $18k. To the point I was ready to pull the trigger only to rapidly be deflated when I found out that there was no rotating assembly included in that cost. A package wouldn't be offered that would accept mercury internals and that cost cant or wont be disclosed until dealers (a middle entity) are in place.

I sincerely wish CRT all the best and success.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strong View Post
    I think this is a fantastic undertaking and wish you the best. Think that alot of people are chomping at the bit and a little bit disappointed they can't get accurate pricing after seeing the product. I know when the dealer and pricing info gets out it will help.

Dave
    Last edited by HStream1; 02-14-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

6. Likes rock, AlanButts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the Mercury people at the Miami boat show looking at it ?? What do they have to say the bastards ?
    Sweet looking Mota fo sure. Hope you have much success.

22R

8. Likes Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 22R View Post
    Are the Mercury people at the Miami boat show looking at it ?? What do they have to say the bastards ?
    Sweet looking Mota fo sure. Hope you have much success.

22R
    I would guess the Mercury brass are happy to see something that will stop all the whiners, like me, from writing and soliciting them to remember the segment of the customer base that made them.
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not a 2.5l owner but 15k-18k for a empty block SMH. Now an additional minimum 5k-8k that i estimate for your rotation assembly.
    Why not give buyers every option possible in owning your beautiful billet block like been able to reuse stock rotation assembly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to start off by saying Thanks to over a thousand people that has stopped and shown interest in the Billet Project. CRT has work effortlessly for the last year to get the project to where we are today countless hours and dollars to keep 2.5 sport alive. We took the Miami Boat Show last minute by invite with no booth material ready and still Dynoing engines and building parts. We were very reluctant to start the thread on S&F and FB months back for the simple reason of what's been happening the last few days but we made a decession to go ahead for the guys that were asking for it knowing whatever posted would come back negative by a few. With 2.5 Blocks and Parts being phased out we have chosen to increase the strength of the crank journals with bigger bearings to build a strong part. I have read the FB post this morning and we would welcome anyone who wants to take on this huge challenge with the engineering cost and U.S. and International Patient fees programming cost and so on and your correct it free game. This is not a cheap process to machine the machines it takes to build this block cost 1.7M each and that's just one machine of 5 we use to build these Quality Parts. To get the motor to this stage and our Pistons,Rings, and now coming soon crank doesn't happen over night. CRT will never release any parts till we have tested and 100% satisfied that it's a superior product and ready for release to the public. Thanks for all the PM and support we appreciate it.

12. Thanks TripleA thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to start off by saying Thanks to over a thousand people that has stopped and shown interest in the Billet Project. CRT has work effortlessly for the last year to get the project to where we are today countless hours and dollars to keep 2.5 sport alive. We took the Miami Boat Show last minute by invite with no booth material ready and still Dynoing engines and building parts. We were very reluctant to start the thread on S&F and FB months back for the simple reason of what's been happening the last few days but we made a decession to go ahead for the guys that were asking for it knowing whatever posted would come back negative by a few. With 2.5 Blocks and Parts being phased out we have chosen to increase the strength of the crank journals with bigger bearings to build a strong part. I have read the FB post this morning and we would welcome anyone who wants to take on this huge challenge with the engineering cost and U.S. and International Patient fees programming cost and so on and your correct it free game. This is not a cheap process to machine the machines it takes to build this block cost 1.7M each and that's just one machine of 5 we use to build these Quality Parts. To get the motor to this stage and our Pistons,Rings, and now coming soon crank doesn't happen over night. CRT will never release any parts till we have tested and 100% satisfied that it's a superior product and ready for release to the public. Thanks for all the PM and support we appreciate it.
    Thanks guys, unbelievable amount of work! Looks amazing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is a puck?
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Glad to see that someone has stepped up to the plate for performance outboards. Wish you all the best for success. For those that are complaining, at least someone is doing something here and it looks like no expense spared on this project. With all of the potential this thing has, it is probably worth whatever is asked since there is zero competition for new stuff in this category. Nice stuff doesn't come cheap. Hats off guys, looks awesome.
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

16. Thanks wicheckmate thanked for this post
    Likes wicheckmate, D.ONEAL liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    What is a puck?
    The removable chamber in the head
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to overwhelming questions about this block excepting stock internals we at CRT have to decided to run a limited production of said blocks, This will be the gen1 block. It will have the center main bolts will be moved apart, this means that later down the road you will be able to bore the center mains out to except the new crankshafts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarver04 View Post
    Due to overwhelming questions about this block excepting stock internals we at CRT have to decided to run a limited production of said blocks, This will be the gen1 block. It will have the center main bolts will be moved apart, this means that later down the road you will be able to bore the center mains out to except the new crankshafts.
    Wow how responsive is that compared to Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarver04 View Post
    I think you just quadrupled your potential market.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

21. Likes HStream1, tux974, specboatops liked this post
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast