Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Jaguar Marine's 35 CC has done over 100 with outboards. Just not a mainstream boat company. They're every day 35 CC goes 88 mph with twin 300's, years ago. There are others in the past that have been there, done that. Its all about the advertising & promotion. www.JaguarMarine.com
    I have personally been in a 34' Fountain CC in tournaments here in SE FL and have run against the 35' Jaguar that had 300x motors. In tournament load we had triple 350 verados running 74mph and were pulling away from that cat. That boat runs NOWHERE near 88mph not to mention even 80.
    There is a another one at TNT in Miami that has 300 verados that runs 65 or so. Granted it has a lot of options and additional weight in it.
    Just saying.

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not understand the fascination with center console boats. With 1600 HP anything can go fast, even ugly fishing boats. To me this ranks up there with 100 mph pontoons. Going for a ride in a boat at that speed with no wind protection is not fun at all.

3. Likes Markus liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Rigged View Post
    I have personally been in a 34' Fountain CC in tournaments here in SE FL and have run against the 35' Jaguar that had 300x motors. In tournament load we had triple 350 verados running 74mph and were pulling away from that cat. That boat runs NOWHERE near 88mph not to mention even 80.
    There is a another one at TNT in Miami that has 300 verados that runs 65 or so. Granted it has a lot of options and additional weight in it.
    Just saying.
    I had heard the same thing. If you pulled that big t-top and console off the fishing boat it would be as fast a there other perfoamnce boat with 1600hp.

A fast CC IMO is the ultimate boat. You can do anything with it.

Kind of like a Porsche Cayenne of boating.
    Last edited by Mr. Demeanor; 02-11-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

5. Likes jjmalkow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Im with Makus on this. Oh really with only 4 400rs now thats not impressive at all. haha This is what boating has become it seems. All these big shots that think they have fast boats with little power perhaps? How short are memories must be to think this is good. Ill bet that boat would do 100 with 4 225 1996 promaxes out back? haha Maybe would take 280,s but surely something with less power than that under 3000lbs of motor could do the same thing at 1/4 the cost. Merc need to get back to the drawing board and hire some actual high performance enthusiasts and stop making this heavy junk! They could hire someone without a silver spoon in there mouth and make a 400 hp motor with warrante under 450 lbs that revs to 8000 rpm and gets the same gas consumption as these 400rs if they would just stop and think about it. i mean who decides this stuff in there corporation anyway? I would like to find out who the chief engineer is who designs these new motors and find out the logic behind making motors less powerful with more weight? It goes against the laws of physics for nautical craft efficiency when speeds above displacement hulls are concerned. Im sorry it just boggles my mind when a company with there resources makes boat anchors as far as im concerned. There is no way a 400hp outboard should be more than 450lbs. Heck there's guys making 800 hp car motors at 300 lbs these days!! I just dont get it.
    Thats is simply not correct, these boats are too heavy for the two stroke motors, look at the big cats running the two strokes. By the way the same hull only did 88 with 3 x seven marine 557's on the back, these 400r's are lightweights compared to those

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stimleck View Post
    Thats is simply not correct, these boats are too heavy for the two stroke motors, look at the big cats running the two strokes. By the way the same hull only did 88 with 3 x seven marine 557's on the back, these 400r's are lightweights compared to those

Yes I see your point you need a big heavy motor to push a boat faster than lighter motor of equal or greater torque. If you added another 7 Marine engine to make 4 she might have even been slower? haha All kidding aside I think big thing with this class of boat is the sheer size of them and displacement. They are designed to run with a specific weight at the stern inboard or Out in order to get the right fulcrum for efficiency. {im not saying 2 stroke motors specific just was trying to make the point of HP to weight is getting out of hand I think was my meaning.} These lighter HP motors would need a hull design that is made for less weight than this one anyway . Obviously these big Bertha CC,s will be soooooooth as silk in what would swamp a smaller boat. im just saying for the size of the new 400R they could have upped the HP a couple hundred more at there weight for these type hulls. Im just a little bitter of what Merc has been making these days. Its all good now i dont care what Merc makes any more my light weight 400hp motor was revealed today and couldn't be happier. just need the dollar to recover a little in the next year or so?? i probably should not discuss things about these big hulls although they do appeal to me for what there made for i would never own one even if i could anyway. 33ft is all I will need when I move for my ocean boat . In the mean time my 20ft GS works just fine with a little old 225 to 100. Ill be at sea for 3 weeks on a 55fter next month long lining halibut and blackcod and i think she only does 12 knots WOT haha Just bobing along. Its all good there's a boat for every occasion and pocket book. Im just a Value shopper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    45' Nortech CC at the Miami show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nortech1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	336819

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

9. Likes Scream And Fly, whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't imagine trying to keep 5 motors running ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That's very cool. I was on a quad 400R-equipped Nor-Tech center console at last year's Miami snow and they ran 94 in that one with me onboard. I actually have video of it - I'll post it soon!

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    45' Nortech CC at the Miami show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nortech1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	336819
    That's insane!

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Because who doesnt need a 45' 90mph 2000hp fishing boat ?

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
    Because who doesnt need a 45' 90mph 2000hp fishing boat ?
    HaHa only 2000hp maybe if it 5000. Thats so unreal!! Man i need a new job when i see rigs like this!! So how fast is this one?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saying.
    Do you think that the Lake X certified speeds of the 35 Jaguar with twins, was conducted with a full tournament payload?
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 02-13-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saying.
    What is the certified Mercury Testing Facility speed(Lake X, X Site, etc.)...not Fountains speed, on the much shorter 34 Fountain CC with triple 350 Verado's ? Just curious. (I am aware that Reggie Fountain fell out of trust with Brunswick/Mercury for non payment of product, then Mercury technically owned Fountain. Not interested in Fountain(Reggie) advertised performance numbers.)
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 02-13-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    HaHa only 2000hp maybe if it 5000. Thats so unreal!! Man i need a new job when i see rigs like this!! So how fast is this one?

They finished the boat just in time for the Miami show and it ran just shy of 90mph first time on the sticks.

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    What is the certified Mercury Testing Facility speed(Lake X, X Site, etc.)...not Fountains speed, on the much shorter 34 Fountain CC with triple 350 Verado's ? Just curious. (I am aware that Reggie Fountain fell out of trust with Brunswick/Mercury for non payment of product, then Mercury technically owned Fountain. Not interested in Fountain(Reggie) advertised performance numbers.)
    I do not talk about Reggie advertised numbers nor Jaguars posted BS. Only know what we run on the fountain as I was on the boat and helped set it up. Boat ran 82mph light and 74 tournament load.
    Not sure what the Jaguar runs lights but from what we witnessed on more than one tournament leaving it in the dust I would say nothing remotely close to 88mph. Couldn't even run 70mph morning of the tournament.

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast