User Tag List

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by home made tunnel View Post
    SHE RUNS !!! WOOOO

It was 70 degrees out today - And I had a frustrating day at work. What better way to feel better than buy a 6 pack of Bud Light, and head down to the dock to set the idle. She purrs between 750 and 780 rpm in gear.

The top carb was overflowing when I primed it - So I pulled her off, bent the tab on the float a slight bit thinking i'll get a little more needle seat pressure, and tapped the side of the carb with a wrench (has worked on my old motorcycle carbs).

Took her out on the bay - it was mirror smooth!!!!!! a nice little jaunt. Took her up to 4500 - 5000 rpm for a quick bit, and back down, varried throttle - - - So it's back to how it was. Cruises @ 30mph at 3200rpm... Who has a high pitch prop they wanna let me borrow ? :^D
    Great to hear....What are you thinking for prop and pitch? I have a few 3 blade props that either came with the boat or old motors and I am playibg with 4 Blade SS props at the present time but wont be on the water until it warms up here.

Karsten

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, where's your usual flick, we need confirmation.lol. Keep the floats set level up top and above the screw in jet on the low or are those the late ones with the fixed lower setting. Four blade will slow you down probably even if you jack it. Get a raker to get some air under it, the pad will do the rest. Wait, you put the low psi head back on. I'm sure that's itching you.
    Last edited by FMP; 11-02-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Hmm..what I say before? Oh yeah..

NOW?...
    YES YES YES you were right haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Great to hear....What are you thinking for prop and pitch? I have a few 3 blade props that either came with the boat or old motors and I am playibg with 4 Blade SS props at the present time but wont be on the water until it warms up here.

Karsten
    I have absolutely no idea what to try next for a prop. I am at about 1/3 throttle @ 30mph... so she has a lot more to go.
    Currently I have a 19p stainless 3 blade, with a little cup on the edges. I would go for another test spin if you have anything else to try

Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    Great, where's your usual flick, we need confirmation.lol. Keep the floats set level up top and above the screw in jet on the low or are those the late ones with the fixed lower setting. Four blade will slow you down probably even if you jack it.
    I wish I could have taken a video - My iPhone broke a few weeks ago, and I was solo today with no intentions of even leaving the dock after setting the idle. A couple fishing guys came in on there Welcraft, said its the best sounding old 2-stroke they've ever heard (As they had a big fat 4 stroke Yamaha 300 on the back of theres - Thing was pissing and I couldn't even hear it running).
    So I convinced myself to take the 15 minute put-put ride out through the harbour to go for a spin. Only saw 1 other boat while i was out there. Not many more days like this ahead of us !!!

4. Likes NICE PAIR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 19 with that short gear isn't helping. More rake and three more inches with the other head and jacked. Sonim makes a good phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A couple fishing guys came in on there Welcraft, said its the best sounding old 2-stroke they've ever heard (As they had a big fat 4 stroke Yamaha 300 on the back of theres - Thing was pissing and I couldn't even hear it running)
    Aint THAT the truth big 4 strokes! Neighbor mine had a 23 footer CC fishing boat, new 250 Suzy. I was just going the our boat launch when he had just put in the water, tied dock, wife moving the tow pig to park. So hit the dock a look, don't hear a DAMN THING, BUT? I look the motor and its pissing water? Ask him..(don't laugh too loud). "Whats does it have some electric priming water intake as pissing water?"

Said me.."ITS RUNNING"! Had to take a second look from rear and see exhaust bubbles out the prop!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SHE RUNS !!! WOOOO

It was 70 degrees out today - And I had a frustrating day at work. What better way to feel better than buy a 6 pack of Bud Light, and head down to the dock to set the idle. She purrs between 750 and 780 rpm in gear.

The top carb was overflowing when I primed it - So I pulled her off, bent the tab on the float a slight bit thinking i'll get a little more needle seat pressure, and tapped the side of the carb with a wrench (has worked on my old motorcycle carbs).

Took her out on the bay - it was mirror smooth!!!!!! a nice little jaunt. Took her up to 4500 - 5000 rpm for a quick bit, and back down, varried throttle - - - So it's back to how it was. Cruises @ 30mph at 3200rpm... Who has a high pitch prop they wanna let me borrow ? :^D
    Attachment 359770 "Congratulations"
    Wriggleys gum makes me think of boating, "Double your engines, Double your fun"

8. Thanks home made tunnel thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    Aint THAT the truth big 4 strokes! Neighbor mine had a 23 footer CC fishing boat, new 250 Suzy. I was just going the our boat launch when he had just put in the water, tied dock, wife moving the tow pig to park. So hit the dock a look, don't hear a DAMN THING, BUT? I look the motor and its pissing water? Ask him..(don't laugh too loud). "Whats does it have some electric priming water intake as pissing water?"

Said me.."ITS RUNNING"! Had to take a second look from rear and see exhaust bubbles out the prop!
    Ya - they're dang quiet. Electric priming water intake though... That's a fresh thought !!! haha.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42