User Tag List

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Xr-2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'll had money in hand, so did. John and Timmy... And you are right patches.... No reason why not .. But noone was on phone hearing what i was being told... I wasn't being a test goat for no one. My money comes hard. And there was no non sence about 3.0 and 4 strokes being discussed.. Was told that a 2.5 was to much motor for that boat that why he wanted 700#. Now with that said i hope they do get built. That way after that
    someone should be able to order just one if they want it. Cause molds will be returned and ready for another..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 2.5 is too much motor for it??? Is that what Allison said???
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erik .. Yes... And this is last time I will post on this thread.. NOT trying to be negative.!!! Dont think anyone loves allison boats more than me other than my dauhhter Allison!!?!Just stating what happened in our deal.. Said that that boat was built in early 80's around 2.0 liter. .. Then I debated about Mr Reynolds and 2.4 liter and world record...and there wasn't hardly any difference between 2.4 and 2.5 weight to matter.. Said he was just afraid with a 2.5 and 3 or 4/people in boat we was going to break them in half. I said y'all have 30 year old 500/pounders that are still running. Agreed. But said that was just way it was going to be. No! Guareentee on weight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee you got me thinking but i would want race cable pulley steering like Bill's and but would have to be 550-600 pounds but Lee i am glade you are trying i will think about it and let you know

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by props4u2 View Post
    This may be the last chance to own a brand new 2016 XR-2002, it would be the perfect boat to run in ODBA and DSRA Lake Racer and still have fun at the lake or river when not racing.
    A basic white boat on a single axle trailer will be in the mid twenties.

Give me a call to get one on order today.
    And this is what Daris is worried about. When someone gets killed on the race track it is not a big issue, but when someone gets killed out on the lake/river then people end up in lawsuits.

I can not believe how much they have gone up. I bought one from Daris back in 86 for $8600 with trailor, seats and steering/cable. He was not happy when he ask me what I was putting on it and I told him a modded 235 crossflow. When I told him I was going to race it only,cuz I had a hydrostream vulture for pleasure, he seemed relieved. Boat was 550# ran just over 100. With a good 2.5 modded you are talking 120mph+ and that gets dangreous in a V bottom. Boat came with a max HP plate of 140HP. This is why he says a 2.5 is too much for that hull.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to have another XR2002, but I really don't understand all the fuss over installing a 2.5 on one unless it was built really, really light... even if you load it up with four people. I mean seriously, how many XR's have you seen lately that weren't running 2.5's? That's what I had on mine, and it was a 260.

As for the horsepower ratings on any Allison over 20', those are just their recommended HP ratings as there is no USCG maximum restriction once you pass 20'. If that weren't the case, none of us could buy insurance on our 20's or 21's if we went over that number. As best I recall, when I bought my first SS20 back in '82, I could go as much as 400HP before State Farm raised an eyebrow. My guess is that they lowball the ratings just to keep inexperienced people from hurting themselves, and yes, to avoid potential lawsuits.

Seems to me this would be pretty simple. If you want a lighter layup for race purposes only, just sign a release of liability and have at it. Did they not build these boats with different layup schedules/deck reinforcement when they were in production?
    Present Allisons: GT20/200 XRi (stringers up restoration by Jack Barsh), XST18/150XS/115 ADI clone (full composite restoration by Kevin Bryant), R13 (Larry Register splash)/850XS
    Past Allisons: SS20/ 225 Pro Max, SS20/200 Merc, XR2002 2.5 260SS Merc, XTB21/225 Merc (hull #1), R15/60 JohnRude, EP15/60 YamaMariner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't blame Darris, with all the b.s. regs, lawsuits etc.
    Boating is one of the last frontiers and it's fading fast.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're building 420 lb XR2001's. Don't see the difference that would warrant 250 lbs of extra material
    Erik Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much way to put 4 people in a XR2001 if that's the concern.
    Present Allisons: GT20/200 XRi (stringers up restoration by Jack Barsh), XST18/150XS/115 ADI clone (full composite restoration by Kevin Bryant), R13 (Larry Register splash)/850XS
    Past Allisons: SS20/ 225 Pro Max, SS20/200 Merc, XR2002 2.5 260SS Merc, XTB21/225 Merc (hull #1), R15/60 JohnRude, EP15/60 YamaMariner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allisonriverrat View Post
    Well I'll had money in hand, so did. John and Timmy... And you are right patches.... No reason why not .. But noone was on phone hearing what i was being told... I wasn't being a test goat for no one. My money comes hard. And there was no non sence about 3.0 and 4 strokes being discussed.. Was told that a 2.5 was to much motor for that boat that why he wanted 700#. Now with that said i hope they do get built. That way after that
    someone should be able to order just one if they want it. Cause molds will be returned and ready for another..
    tony speaks the absolute truth, and we all had the funds ready !
    24-Skater "substitute found"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lee , Wish i could swing one of these Xr 02's !
    I'd love to have a Brand New Xr ride boat , that I wouldn't have to be worried about when the weather turned bad on the big lake .
    Reality is , a 550 to 600 lbs lake boat , is a perfect lay up .
    If you want a Race Boat , buy a Race Boat !

Rich Martin 018
    HAVE BATTERIES , WILL TRAVEL !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While some may not like it, the fact is that these are Darris' molds, he created them, and it is his decision whether or not to sell boats from them or not, and how those boats will be sold. It's not like he's misleading anyone. He's being clear about the conditions and the price. So if you want one, buy one under those conditions and at that price, or don't and forget about getting one exactly the way you want it at the price you want it because that's not going to happen. Why do so many threads seem to turn into pissing contests and bitch fests? In a steadily, rapidly declining market where there are not even any new high performance engines that will fit this boat well, Allison is offering a chance to own one of the most favorite hulls in their production history. What's to complain about?

13. Likes cody620, specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly what I was thinking John,
    XB2002 Fishin Bote/260 Fishin Mota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2oo2

Quote Originally Posted by Brack View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking John,
    i ended up with the 003 2002 built for mod vp triple ccc evinrude powered. not certain but seems like it was 1982. we were told weight was between 420 and 450 no nothing else. I hung a 1996 stock 2,5 offshore mid and it was like a nitros blast from the past. it eventually tore the tramson loose but hell it was our fault. ive never had an Allison come apart but I don't put 5 people in and jump waves at 80 mph either.darris builds as fine a boat as anyone in the land and it shows not wanting to take a chance on breakage of any type.the 2002 is by far the best driving v bottom I have ever sat my butt in baitman ops red wiggerlyer out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Lee...........aren't you glad you posted this ?? Scott
    I'll be @ the bar ! & Listen to MORE Squarepusher !! Alcohol TYCOON !!!

17. Likes Fasprop liked this post
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast