User Tag List

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Xr-2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a really long conversation with Darris last week and we discussed motors, weight and availability of a suitable package for that boat and others of similar weight and length. I am getting with Greg to see ho we can use this forum to advance the idea to Mercury. Darris has laid the ground work. If they could sell 100 of them I am betting they would come up with more transom grids.....
    Dave Hensley

1986 XR2002 /12" Mariner and string steering
    18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

The barn is emptying out!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShot View Post
    Had a really long conversation with Darris last week and we discussed motors, weight and availability of a suitable package for that boat and others of similar weight and length. I am getting with Greg to see ho we can use this forum to advance the idea to Mercury. Darris has laid the ground work. If they could sell 100 of them I am betting they would come up with more transom grids.....
    Met with Darris today and he gave several reasons why it's a tough decision to build these but he said he will build them. When asked if after the first three, would he continue to offer them, his answer was "yes".

I specifically told him I do "not" want mine built light, I want it built to last indefinitely for my big ass to play out on the lake, whatever the conditions are..........

3. Likes props4u2 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good deal. I will sell my 1994 and buy a new one. Solid white. Sell of 1994 will be contingent on the new ones being produced. Will want string steering on mine as it will get a 12" mid.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

5. Likes props4u2 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive never driven one but everyone like you guys say they are great to drive fun fun fun... i would think as far as new power goes this would be the ticket!! OptiMax 200XS SST at only 300lbs with a 12 inch mid they would be peeeerrrrfictttt. The only thing that might be tough is the ssm case? But since the XR has great lift already would the ssm case be a bad thing ya think? also can you swap out the SSM for a SM or any of the 2.5 cases like a cut down 200 modded case like the older 2.5,s?

im looking forward to the 222ft GS personally for the same reasons as Jas went with the Skater. Darris has got the go fast hull and looks doun to a T regardless of size these days. Almost to a falt? As he always seems to be concerned greatly as to what power some may clamp on the back of one of his latest hulls. Ive heard even the 222 is so fast with a 250xs that he worries that with the a 300xs inexperienced drivers will get them selves in trouble well into triple digits. I wonder what it would take to be able to hang a 200xs on an XR without Darris worring as much about it. There 430 lbs but what a sweet combo if the new hulls can be tweeked just enough to handle well with one without sacrificing the whole point of owning one.
    Last edited by whipper; 10-05-2015 at 02:22 AM.

7. Likes pkstv liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SST is left hand output. The ROS requires a different trim assembly off a regular 2.5 so that puts that in the way too expensive category as you would have more in the engine than in the boat.
    The engine will be a tough one but they're out there. I'm pretty sure Lee has enough pieces and parts laying around to assemble something that'll propel an XR..............
    Last edited by scj; 10-05-2015 at 07:39 AM.

9. Likes whipper liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting the proper motor package for the new XR2002 and all light weight 18-21' boats out there needing re-powered is a campaign that everyone on this website, and others, will need, and get a chance to be involved in. I am soliciting help from Greg and have not heard back from him yet but I am sure I will. It can happen, not saying it will, but we will need to throw everything we have at it. The parts and pieces are available. No engineering really needed. Maybe some badging/stickers. We need a 200XS consumer motor with Sportmaster, solid mounts, 3 year warranty in 20" and 15" versions. Mercury is listening. Darris is OK with 435 lbs.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sst 200 12" can take a 200 case or sporty just cut the drive shaft down as for the ros 15" motor just switch out the trim ram drag racers will snap them up in a second if enough people want it mercury will build it check with Jimmy Hensley and Chris Fairchild they are the go to guys for this i hope this helps

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J Giesler View Post
    The sst 200 12" can take a 200 case or sporty just cut the drive shaft down as for the ros 15" motor just switch out the trim ram drag racers will snap them up in a second if enough people want it mercury will build it check with Jimmy Hensley and Chris Fairchild they are the go to guys for this i hope this helps

Thanks!
    What direction will the prop spin on an SST with a sportmaster?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    Thanks!
    All the 12" stuff is great but you get stuck with the one time a year production run, changing trim rams, paying up front, modifying and chopping up a $25K motor, IF, you can even get one. We are talking about a 200XS powerhead on a production platform, with Sportmaster, with solid mounts and a 15" model available if need be. Mercury factory dealers not just Mercury racers and a price tag comparable to a 250XS Sport. It is doable. Working right now on the right way to gather all the input from users to get with Mercury.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Optimax 200XS ROS comes with all that but the warranty, price , and regular dealer availability. I suppose it is only paperwork to make it a legal consumer engine. Retails around $18,000 and I don't see how Mercury would cut the price and add the warranty. If dozens of lake racers start trying to buy the ROS outboards, that would be persuasive for them to bring a consumer model to market.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    Thanks!
    The SST optimax motors are normal rotation powerheads, so it would spin right with a RH sporty. The SSM IVs the SSTs are sold with are unique, in that they are RH in and LH out, so you can use the "normal" tunnel boat props with a RH powerhead.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryStrawn View Post
    The Optimax 200XS ROS comes with all that but the warranty, price , and regular dealer availability. I suppose it is only paperwork to make it a legal consumer engine. Retails around $18,000 and I don't see how Mercury would cut the price and add the warranty. If dozens of lake racers start trying to buy the ROS outboards, that would be persuasive for them to bring a consumer model to market.
    Isn't the 200xs just a direct injected steel sleeve fishing motor with a little better porting & some basic hipo parts. A different fuel map should make it a warranteed motor no? Problem solved!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryStrawn View Post
    They have short trim ram, are made once a year and you have to make a sizable deposit up front and you still might not get one. The last one I saw bought went for $23k and then had to have the trim ram changed out for a bass boat. Not what I would call a consumer friendly motor. Yet you can buy a 250 XS Sport with factory warranty, Sportmaster and solid mounts for $15,500. Mercury can build a consumer 200XS with warranty and sell it for $15K, with solid mounts.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for a full length windshield to buy or borrow so I can have one made. Nancy said they're only offering the single console windshield like offered on the XB-2002 for the new 2015 XR-2002's.
    The picture attached has the windshield like I'm looking for.

PM me please if you have one I can buy or borrow.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yellow XR-2002.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	329190

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windshields for the older models are an issue. Waiting on one for my XTB 21. I have a windshield for the side by side seating arrangement XR2002.
    Dave Hensley

18' Pugh Hydro
    1992 XTB-21/225 ProMax

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast