Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! New member in Canada!!

Hi! I'm a brand new member here but I've been reading and learning from this awesome site for a couple years. I just figured I'd introduce myself before I started asking questions in the wrong places and such. Sorry in advance, I'm sure it will take me a while to learn how to properly work the site.

If there is a smarter place to post this please let me know. Here is a bit about my boating history.

I live in north central saskatchewan Canada where the summer season is basically June-first week of September. Lakes are clear of ice for boating from usually last week of May until first or second week or November. I've been around boats and lakes my whole life. Our family runs a semi-commercial fly in fishing lodge with 10hp four strokes on 16ft aluminums (not this sites kind of boat!!). Closer to home we've always had a ski boat.
    I grew up with a 21' checkmate entertainer with a 2.4l 200hp mariner. When I was 19 The mariner finally blew up with untold hours on it. My dad gave me the beat up hull and trailer, I found a different 2.4 mariner and had a few great years or use and abuse out of it before I killed the second poor mariner. That was the end for that great old boat. A couple of years ago I bought a faded old checkmate excited for next to nothing. It had a 115 Suzuki on it. It was faded and scratched but totally solid and came with a custom aluminum trans one reinforcement (I'm assuming from a big motor before the 115).
    The exciter now has been wet sanded and looks at least a little better, I've rigged it with a 1998 175 hp Merc 2.5 efi, kept the aluminum transom reinforcement, stock lower unit with scoops over the water inlets, nice tight, dual cable steering, totally removable back bench seat, manual jack plate with shaft just below the pad. Aluminum Fuel tank, oil, and battery behind back seat. Full set of gauges including water pressure and temp, and a reliable tach. Best top end prop is a 25p laser II. I get a pretty reliable 63 gps, best I've seen is a light load, slight chop, 5800 rpm, 64.7mph gps. With my 1.87:1 lower unit that puts me around 11-12% slip and nicely drivable.

I love the boat as is, but you know how it goes, once 60 feels comfortable you want more! So the dreaming of hydraulic jack/steering and more power begins!
    Sorry for the long first post. Looking forward to being a member here!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh Sask,

Welcome, a year late. Pike?
    Last edited by FMP; 04-08-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome, do the Sasquatch's come from your neck of the woods? We have never seen one down here at the Jersey Shore, well maybe some really hairy Italian guys from Long Island but thats about it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys.
    1. Yes plenty of big pike up here that's for sure.
    2. Not much for Sasquatches around here haha I think they keep further west with the Grizzlies.
    I had forgotten about this post but thanks for the greetings, killer site. I actually just rigged a 225 efi on my cmate exciter. I haven't had it in the water yet but I'm hoping for a speeds more a little more worthy of scream and fly.
    Happy boating

6. Likes FMP liked this post
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If its an early model 225 with the two computors it can easily be turned into a 250 FYI

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey yeah it's a 96 and it does have the 2 ecu's. How do you get the extra hp? Is it a reflash of ecu swap?
    im already interested! Thanks