Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatcha think?.. My new to me 87, 30ft Mach1 Concorde.

I couldnt resist, for the price I got it for im sure that there is more then what I paid for this boat in parts. I paid $250 for it, NO trailer but for the work that it will need to get her back on the water, I will have plenty of time to save up for one. The hull is in really great shape, the cuddy is in great shape, the deck....... well that was taken all out by the PO because it was rotted so less work for me. The stringers im kinda confused on. It has NO seats or floor as you can see in the but I can kinda look up from the rear towards the front on the inside of one of the stringers, and there is no wood to be found except like a box made out of plywood that was covered in some really good thick glass. Not sure if it was made like this to cut back on weight or what. Anyways, moving forward.... I went to turn the motors over and one turned over by hand and the other didnt after being told that they both turned over by the key....HAHAHAHAHA, OK THEN... I proceeded to pull one of the front plugs out, it has twin 460 BB, with crap cobra drives.... and I then started to spray some marvel mystery oil into the cyl and water started to run out so I assume the motor is probably shot?. Not sure, any opinions on that would be great, i also pulled the water manifolds off and when I cut one of the water hoses, chunky brownish orangeish water came plopping out. So , NOW, what to do. Should I TRY to rebuild these motors considering I havent even checked the drives yet that I was also told they were both good, but you know this story goes so far, lol. I know it will cost alot but I had the thought that I would replace tje drives with the mercrusier conversion kit on both, not sure but opinions on that too please. Also, not sure if it is possible but maybe even find 2 good running mercruiser BB to put in and make it ALL merc. Anyhow, if anybody would like to chime in and throw out some opinions, please do so I can get some guidence along the way as I would really like to finish her up and get her going again. Thanks for looking and any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2015-07-02-09-56-38.png   Screenshot_2015-07-02-09-56-59.png   Screenshot_2015-07-02-09-57-13.png   Screenshot_2015-07-02-09-57-34.png   IMG_20150702_50907.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking ride. I am not up on the options for the type setup you have but I wouldn't think a rebuild on the engine you have would be near the expense as buying two mercruisers. I hate, hate, HATE a lying seller. If they say it turns over, then they should be on the hook for repairing when it obviously doesn't. If someone tried cranking over with that much water in the cylinder they may have bent a rod or worse. I'd pop them out and disassemble to see exactly what is going on. It's a good looking boat, hope to see a nice finished job soon.

Slimm
    Hire the handicapped, we're fun to watch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmDaddy View Post
    Good looking ride. I am not up on the options for the type setup you have but I wouldn't think a rebuild on the engine you have would be near the expense as buying two mercruisers. I hate, hate, HATE a lying seller. If they say it turns over, then they should be on the hook for repairing when it obviously doesn't. If someone tried cranking over with that much water in the cylinder they may have bent a rod or worse. I'd pop them out and disassemble to see exactly what is going on. It's a good looking boat, hope to see a nice finished job soon.

Slimm
    Thanks Slimm, I TOTTALY agree as im not a big fan either because parts will be hard to find. I guess that craigslist for you tho, I should have at least brought my own wrench to try to turn them myself but I guess I have learned a good one there.. I REALLY hope that this motor will be rebuildable but was thinking because of the water and chunks of muddy crap that came out of the hoses that I just figured it wouldnt be but your right, I should tear it down at least to see how bad it really is and HOPEFULLY it can be done but it wont be anytime soon as you can see how big of a mess this boat really is. If it can be done with this motor, I will just go ahead and rebuild the other one as well so I will have two freshies ready to go and while im at at, get the heads worked on a little and bump the cam up a little and whatever else I can do for a little bit more cash for a few more ponies. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what you intend on doing with the boat, even if you can bore the block and get some stock replacement pistons it may not be bad, heck you could even sleeve it if needed. I don't know about those engines and how many used blocks are available but there are always options.

Slimm
    Hire the handicapped, we're fun to watch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do yourself a favor...SELL IT FOR $500.00 bucks and double your money and RUN it will be your best day...much better deals out there and you wont go insane in the process...good luck!!!

6. Likes roadkill636 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A full rebuild kit will cost around $800 so if it can rebuilt then thats the way I might just go. Im far from being rich and try to find " A better deal ", and there are few and far in between being here in Vt. So I guess as far as running away from it, I WILL just work on it till the end. It may not be this year, or next, or hell, even 3 years but whats a project if it doesnt take a while to complete.