Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are all correct..... but when people see a Shelby Cobra go by they all get 'awe' struck and want to clammier around for a look, or hope to get one some day and tell stories about who they knew that had one. The SOB's will live on and go thru periods of recycling because you can never replace the thrill and excitement they offer to own and drive one !

Luckily we still have a few good mechanics still available to us all that can rebuild our older motors and still have reliable or even more reliable fun many years over on the water !

Lets face it though...these are not your everyday drivers, we all know.... that but who only has one car these days?

If you sell a desirable set-up SOB you might regret it in the years ahead. I already did that twice !
    Last edited by dnelson964; 07-29-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only reason to sell a SOB boat is to buy a DOB boat. Perfect place to wear a "Old guys rule" shirt !
    I do need a new one. I wore mine out seven years ago when I cracked fifty ..

Cant control what today's youth want's . When my son was little , he had no choice. I buckled his helmet , pulled the belts tight ... and sent him ..
    Now that he's a man . he only see's hi-performance as a job .. he has his own passion and agenda. As a parent , all I can do is support him in his efforts .

Chaz = thinking, after the 2016 election ... the flood gates will open again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no question, the sport is in decline. Virtually dead in many places
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of ironic seeing as at 21 I just finished building my SOB. And love it. Wish there were more people my age into it. It might be dying across the board but its well alive in my book!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryc View Post
    Kind of ironic seeing as at 21 I just finished building my SOB. And love it. Wish there were more people my age into it. It might be dying across the board but its well alive in my book!!
    Good deal, expose as many of your friends as possible and hopefully some of them will show interest. I don't want to sound like an old fart (45) but your generation has had access to a lot of options that we as kids didn't. With that, there are so many other directions that young people channel into. For me at 11 it was boat and waterski, Jet ski (stand up), motorcycle (YZ 60 then 80), or snowmobile (TXL 340) depending on the season. I didn't really care about any sports aside from hockey, now I watch my 11 year old sit in front of a computer or his television watching youtube and just laughing by himself or playing mindcraft and racing with kids across the country--I can't relate.

I wanted to be working or going through the wind "still the same today, I just like a little more wind pressure"

Joe

7. Likes NAVISPEED1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Good deal, expose as many of your friends as possible and hopefully some of them will show interest. I don't want to sound like an old fart (45) but your generation has had access to a lot of options that we as kids didn't. With that, there are so many other directions that young people channel into. For me at 11 it was boat and waterski, Jet ski (stand up), motorcycle (YZ 60 then 80), or snowmobile (TXL 340) depending on the season. I didn't really care about any sports aside from hockey, now I watch my 11 year old sit in front of a computer or his television watching youtube and just laughing by himself or playing mindcraft and racing with kids across the country--I can't relate.

I wanted to be working or going through the wind "still the same today, I just like a little more wind pressure"

Joe
    I literally have not watched t.v. in over 2 months. I'm not into that social media crap. For me its boats. If there not race boats, I'm wakeboarding, or kiteboarding, or fishing, or swimming, or scuba diving. The water is just where its at for me.

9. Likes NAVISPEED1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is making me sad but sad to say it is true. As long as there is still us old crew I have hopes of us all playing with fast boats still
    24 Skater 250xs
    15 Viper 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to expose as many people as possible. It's just hard if you didn't grow up around it. I try to take people out but I'm done doing that. Now only my friends. Cause people have fun but always ask to go out. I'm like " I can't do it everyday I gotta work" they don't get what it takes to build a boat, insure a boat, maintain a boat, fix a boat, fill it with fuel. Once they see the time and $ they don't care. They go back to YouTube or freeloading off somebody else. I'm super generous and would do anything for anybody but at some point I gotta be like hey a little gas money? And then they never ask to go out again. I don't even care about them paying honestly its just that most of them don't even show an appreciation.
    Last edited by Coryc; 07-29-2015 at 10:40 AM.

12. Likes HStream1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryc View Post
    I try to expose as many people as possible. It's just hard if you didn't grow up around it. I try to take people out but I'm done doing that. Now only my friends. Cause people have fun but always ask to go out. I'm like " I can't do it everyday I gotta work" they don't get what it takes to build a boat, insure a boat, maintain a boat, fix a boat, fill it with fuel. Once they see the time and $ they don't care. They go back to YouTube or freeloading off somebody else. I'm super generous and would do anything for anybody but at some point I gotta be like hey a little gas money? And then they never ask to go out again. I don't even care about them paying honestly its just that most of them don't even show an appreciation.
    And there is the absolute truth and bottom line.....--you keep hanging around us old guys that work hard to play hard and you can outrun all of the lazy, spoiled freeloaders that you thought were your friends. It won't be long and you will have all of their attention and respect.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yessir!! Like I said I'm only 21. I don't spend $450 for a weekend of boating just for some freeloader to have a good time. It's for my friends and I. I don't even pay attention to those types of people. Even when I go in my grandpas Hustler I offer to pay for gas. He never takes it but its just the principle of the thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the reason that most of my friends are in their late 20's 30's and even 40-50. They get it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dnelson964 View Post
    You are all correct..... but when people see a Shelby Cobra go by they all get 'awe' struck and want to clammier around for a look, or hope to get one some day and tell stories about who they knew that had one. The SOB's will live on and go thru periods of recycling because you can never replace the thrill and excitement they offer to own and drive one !

Luckily we still have a few good mechanics still available to us all that can rebuild our older motors and still have reliable or even more reliable fun many years over on the water !

Lets face it though...these are not your everyday drivers, we all know.... that but who only has one car these days?

If you sell a desirable set-up SOB you might regret it in the years ahead. I already did that twice !
    I could have gone a lot of different ways , but in the end you hit it the nail on the head, theres nothing like driving a 21 early in the morning on a hot summer day NOTHING!!!

17. Likes NAVISPEED1 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The amount of spending money I had when I was young (in the 70's) was way more than a lot of young guys have today. Job's were easy to find too. We didn't have all the bs things that eat our pay checks like now either. Life was simple! I had a used 15' allison with a new 1978 150XS, ( bad azz for the times) nice trailer and pulled it with a 72 trans am. (wish I still had that car) Total for the whole rig including the car was 5000.00 tops. I had a construction job and made payments of maybe 250 a month for both. Gas was cheap, and girls were easy if you had a nice boat and car. Money just won't go as far as it did. Same rig now would be 25,000 easy.
    Last edited by XstreamVking; 07-29-2015 at 01:38 PM.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

19. Likes Tom Foley, tux974 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged