User Tag List

Page 7 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 57 107 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shoot me a message when you get the motor we just did a Gearcase mod that picked up over 10mph on a 21 checkmate.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DM1 View Post
    Interesting... Not sure I understand the need for aftermarket steering. Either way the time has past to weigh in and congrats are in order so, Congrats on your new boat and engine!
    thank you I really appriciate all the confidence and support from my brother FLYERS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    Order a 36p bravo now and have it cut and tightened up. Your gonna need it
    if i could turn a 36 that like 102mph In dreaming

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirk, I can only suspect you got a little spooked from the bs that spread about a few early release G2's that experienced the migration of the helix. The migration of the helix was due to improperly installed retention clip. There were a very limited number of engines that were suspect to have the improperly installed clip. Evinrude dealers that sold or had engines in inventory that fell in the serial group were over nighted the tools to test the system. As of last week only two engines were known to have failed and these were the same two engines that prompted the the safety recall. So I hope you realize this is not an epidemic by any means. I personally have performed the test and I can tell you if the test itself couldn't break the steering nothing will. I beleave someone eluded to the gears being made of plastic. This is simply not true. The helix gears are machined metal gears. Also in regards to the swivel bracket and the transom assembly. If you put the G1 and G2 side by side you would see the G2 dwarfs the G1 assembly. In fact the G2 is considerably stronger and more rigid than the G1 assemble. This was not by accident. The Evinrude engineers realized the old transom bracket design that everyone uses has considerable amounts of flex while under load. So they built in structural rigidity into the G2 assembly to combat flex. As for not knowing if you made the right decision. I always say if its your decision, its the right one. But also please be aware as I noticed you mentioned you won't be playing out in the rough stuff to often and flat out playing in the back water is where its at. Stock out of the box the G2 300 Spanks the G1 300 in power and performance while getting better fuel economy and way easier on oil consumption. I don't mean to cast doubt with your purchase. The G1 Is a great platform (tried and true) and you will be very happy with her. In the end we can't escape the cost divide between the G1 and the G2 and Ive seen it first hand to be a major factor for some. Its all going G2 guys like it or not but the G2 lives up to the hype and thats a good thing.

5. Thanks Greg G thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DM1 View Post
    Dirk, I can only suspect you got a little spooked from the bs that spread about a few early release G2's that experienced the migration of the helix. The migration of the helix was due to improperly installed retention clip. There were a very limited number of engines that were suspect to have the improperly installed clip. Evinrude dealers that sold or had engines in inventory that fell in the serial group were over nighted the tools to test the system. As of last week only two engines were known to have failed and these were the same two engines that prompted the the safety recall. So I hope you realize this is not an epidemic by any means. I personally have performed the test and I can tell you if the test itself couldn't break the steering nothing will. I beleave someone eluded to the gears being made of plastic. This is simply not true. The helix gears are machined metal gears. Also in regards to the swivel bracket and the transom assembly. If you put the G1 and G2 side by side you would see the G2 dwarfs the G1 assembly. In fact the G2 is considerably stronger and more rigid than the G1 assemble. This was not by accident. The Evinrude engineers realized the old transom bracket design that everyone uses has considerable amounts of flex while under load. So they built in structural rigidity into the G2 assembly to combat flex. As for not knowing if you made the right decision. I always say if its your decision, its the right one. But also please be aware as I noticed you mentioned you won't be playing out in the rough stuff to often and flat out playing in the back water is where its at. Stock out of the box the G2 300 Spanks the G1 300 in power and performance while getting better fuel economy and way easier on oil consumption. I don't mean to cast doubt with your purchase. The G1 Is a great platform (tried and true) and you will be very happy with her. In the end we can't escape the cost divide between the G1 and the G2 and Ive seen it first hand to be a major factor for some. Its all going G2 guys like it or not but the G2 lives up to the hype and thats a good thing.
    thank you for that info, where I got this info was when I was up in Canada, it appeared the 250 G2 had to have this gear replaced, the owner explained that on a previous test ride the driver was jerking on the steering wheel which according to him caused this gear to fail, now ths boat is soley used on a lake up there no rough stuff, based on this conversation i thought it might be wise to wait and let the engineers sort the bugs out, historiclly 1st year productions usually have there little querks. thus I made the desicion to purchase the G1, but again thank you, maybe if I would have known this I may of gone G2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirk, Sorry for the late delivery of info. Evinrude is in the second year of production with the G2. I have a fair amount of G2's in the field and with the exception of one of them having a control head issue. The engines have been flawless for their owners. However I will say, I can't speak to the longevity of the G2 simply because their to new to have the track record the G1 holds. Fact is the G1 is bullet proof and many dealers are more comfortable with the G1 platform. But you can't escape the fact Evinrude worked on the G2 for years before release knowing full well that BRP didn't want to re-live the OMC days of the miserable failure of the Fitch. BRP also knew they didn't have the luxury that other brands hold in regards to blind faith. Simply put, Evinrude knew the G2 had to be flawless or they would be crucified. Brp acknowledged the fact they would not receive the same blind eye to product issues as fans of other brands of outboards. Still I completely understand the emotion of feeling like a Guinea pig and there is no doubt with the track record of the G1 platform it does take the issue right out of the equation. The G1 plain and simple is a very safe engine to own and is an extremely good performer on all fronts. Truly I see and feel your dilemma between G1&G2. The reason its so hard is, Evinrude really did step up to the plate and came out with something truly better than its predecessor platform. Unfortunately nothings cheap these days and it requires a big leap of faith on the consumer to take a chance in their minds and wallet. I couldn't agree more that nothing sucks like having a new engine break and you can really beat one's self up over it if and when it happens. When you buy something under these circumstances I find people become super critical and it takes the fun right out of the hole thing. Fact is you will rig up that G1 with confidence and thats "priceless". Run Xd 100 oil, let her come up to temp and start to dial her in. No break in procedure is awesome and lets you get right down to business. Enjoy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirk, Did P&G finish the cover yet? I would like to see another piece of art! What color did you go with?

Just curious none of the canadian Tuff chearleaders have chimed in on this post, They usually chime in to any post regarding a Tuff either to offer advise or to let everyone know their opinion on set up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.5-21 View Post
    Dirk, Did P&G finish the cover yet? I would like to see another piece of art! What color did you go with?

Just curious none of the canadian Tuff chearleaders have chimed in on this post, They usually chime in to any post regarding a Tuff either to offer advise or to let everyone know their opinion on set up.
    Hey..I'm a cheerleader...clearly he's got it under control and he has the boat in hand what else does Dirk need to know???
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you get my order re directed?, Ill change to a G2

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.5-21 View Post

Ive spoken to one of them, I dont want to mention his name, but hes a great guy and very very very informative, Ill post pics of the cover when P& G is done, yes his work is like art, color is charcole,should pop with the orange....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorC View Post
    Hey..I'm a cheerleader...clearly he's got it under control and he has the boat in hand what else does Dirk need to know???
    i always need and take advise, from my brother flyers, guys like you are a wealth of information and its duly noted when you help me, Im not of the same caliber as the all knowing Wernher Von Braun

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    can you get my order re directed?, Ill change to a G2
    This will be cool.
    Regards,
    Charlie North
    If it ain't broke, modify it.
    80 21' Superboat with Yamaha 225 Excel power
    76 Glastron to be powered by a 6.2 L92 with surface drive
    87 Glastron CVX20 Hull

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    i always need and take advise, from my brother flyers, guys like you are a wealth of information and its duly noted when you help me, Im not of the same caliber as the all knowing Wernher Von Braun
    Is the "Wernher Von Braun" some kind of passive aggressive insult towards Mark or something?

I am a cheerleader as well.. Mr. Weigl has get togethers all the time for his customers... And they seem to include a bunch of them. Typically that is an indication of trust, and appreciation... But who knows... Maybe they show up to call him on his "business prowess". If you have such an issue... Just get it out instead of the innuendo.
    "They hate us 'cause they anus."

]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it extra dollars to order the G2 in custom color?

whats the fuel capacity of that boat with the tank mod?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
    Is the "Wernher Von Braun" some kind of passive aggressive insult towards Mark or something?
    Being on the outside of this but watching from the beginning, No, that is not a reference to Mark and it is not a negitive comment to anyone. It refers to a few others that have spent allot of research and energy doing development on their projects.
    Regards,
    Charlie North
    If it ain't broke, modify it.
    80 21' Superboat with Yamaha 225 Excel power
    76 Glastron to be powered by a 6.2 L92 with surface drive
    87 Glastron CVX20 Hull

Page 7 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 57 107 ... LastLast