Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That my friend .... Says it all ........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. McKnight View Post
    Thank you Dirk Pitt!

I applaud you for your efforts in putting together your Tuff 21/E-tech rig. First, your decision to go white was commendable. Going Merc would have been easy and routine. You stepped out of our Mercury community comfort zone and thus you have provided the Forum with a wealth of knowledge about the Evinrude product and also a great deal of information concerning a SOB that most south of the border are not familiar with. From the moment that I met you Joe, I was impressed with your character, knowledge and passion for outboard performance. Your attention to detail in squeezing every ounce of performance from the Tuff is incredible. I have no doubt that ultimately you will achieve top #'s from your rig. Your thread has been amazing Joe and I thank you for your efforts.

John
    thank you john, it truly was a amazing effort on yor part also, like i said from the beginning of this this thread, you were the quintessential gentleman, and made this purchase a pleasent experience..........
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyclam View Post
    That my friend .... Says it all ........
    I know this thread has gone in a lot of different directions, but it was always indended to provived information on a truly different boat, from the first time i drove it I knew i was going to have to make changes for our application, not to say that the set up was bad for the application it was intended for, there was a fair amount of videos on the Tuff to relieze any 21 sob running on its tippy toes would not be conducive to the everyday application of the GSB, I only like to go verticle when i have enough power to continue the climb out at an assigned alltitude
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John BTW I didnt leave the Mercury community, look farmilar?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0276.jpg  
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet. Variety is nice. Black and a white one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Sweet. Variety is nice. Black and a white one.
    Im multi national
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like Michael said in Godfather 3, "Just when i thought I was out of it, they dragged me back in"
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    Just like Michael said in Godfather 3, "Just when i thought I was out of it, they dragged me back in"

And you have never been happier ....all over again !

Plus ...You R doing a great job and are helping keep all US inspired to do even more with our SOB'S !
    1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doc
    im going to see the Etec out I'm convinced that the Tuff will go 95mph once I sort out the rigging yes I have options with the x but with the Capilano helm, the side mount steering, the hydraulic jack plate, and using the weight that's in the boat to my advantage I think I'm on the right track, vivala sob
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are incredible Joe. I trust that the 300X is my X that you purchased from Noli. I can't help but be a little disappointed that he sold it so quickly. I enjoyed meeting Noli and he seemed so excited to purchase it. If that is indeed the motor, you have a strong, well taken care of piece. That particular 300 was the smoothest running X that I have owned. It came from a really nice dealer in Wilmington, North Carolina. And oh, by the way, you are definitely a man after my own heart with your pristine, neatly organized garage. I wouldn't expect any thing less from you Joe!

Thank you for your very kind words Joe. You have a special, one of a kind boat and your detailed efforts are making it that much more special. I am so happy that I have been able to contribute to your project in a small way. A Tuff south of the border in the United States has been long over due. I always wanted one of Mark Weigl's products and although a Canadian purchase presents a few challenges, I am glad that I could bring a Tuff to the states. Most importantly, I am really happy that you have the Tuff and that the boat has provided a conduit to establish our friendship.

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. McKnight View Post
    You are incredible Joe. I trust that the 300X is my X that you purchased from Noli. I can't help but be a little disappointed that he sold it so quickly. I enjoyed meeting Noli and he seemed so excited to purchase it. If that is indeed the motor, you have a strong, well taken care of piece. That particular 300 was the smoothest running X that I have owned. It came from a really nice dealer in Wilmington, North Carolina. And oh, by the way, you are definitely a man after my own heart with your pristine, neatly organized garage. I wouldn't expect any thing less from you Joe!

Thank you for your very kind words Joe. You have a special, one of a kind boat and your detailed efforts are making it that much more special. I am so happy that I have been able to contribute to your project in a small way. A Tuff south of the border in the United States has been long over due. I always wanted one of Mark Weigl's products and although a Canadian purchase presents a few challenges, I am glad that I could bring a Tuff to the states. Most importantly, I am really happy that you have the Tuff and that the boat has provided a conduit to establish our friendship.

John
    yes John its the motor, when noli contacted me and said he had interested in selling it, I explained I would be a player, so he delerivered it we put it on a stand and fired it up, ran the diaignostics and like everyone said it had 69hrs most it below 3500 rpm, fresh water, john Mcknight cared for motor, had to buy it, theres only two people I would by a used motor from you and me thank you for your compliments on the garage I can only work one way, but no match to yours
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm250 View Post
    thats a great story crazy how the motor came off the boat and now will go back on . That's cool John what did you get out of the boat for speed ? It would be nice to see if joe can reach the number with the etec with new setup . Going to be fun to watch I for one am not a merc fan but if I was 300x would be the only one I would buy.

Joe are you re rigging the boat your self ? If so that's awesome seeing a guy build and run a boat is not the norm anymore.
    yes im going to try,the rerig is not a puzzle I have all the parts and I know were everything is going, i do have a bank of people that I will reach out to for help, there are things that you need more than one person to accomplish, so anyone that wants to donate their hands, would be great, as it stands now I have raybo filling holes again, and some glass work, one of my canadian friends went the gelcoat manufactor and picked up a gallon because the color is proprietorial to the manufacturer, the gel came from a canadian company, the only thing I waiting on is the CTR steering wheel, he wasnt making them anymore, but I convienced him to make one for me, nice guy I also have a steering plate being fabricated for me, by a very talented guy from this board,to fit the x just in case
    21 Tuff, Mercury 300X

13. Likes 2.5-21 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    yes John its the motor, when noli contacted me and said he had intrest in selling it, I explained I would be a player, so he delerivered it we put it on a stand and fired it up, ran the diaignostics and like everyone said it had 69hrs most it below 3500 rpm, fresh water, john Mcknight cared for motor, had to buy it, theres only two people I would by a used motor from you and me thank you for your compliments on the garage I can only work one way, but no match to yours
    Excellent point Joe. I definitely would not hesitate to purchase one of your motors or a motor that comes with your recommendation. One does need to be very careful buying used from an unknown party. By the way the bow photo of the Tuff in your driveway is a great shot. The Tuff really has timeless, classic lines. Beautiful boat!

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm250 View Post
    thats a great story crazy how the motor came off the boat and now will go back on . That's cool John what did you get out of the boat for speed ? It would be nice to see if joe can reach the number with the etec with new setup . Going to be fun to watch I for one am not a merc fan but if I was 300x would be the only one I would buy.

Joe are you re rigging the boat your self ? If so that's awesome seeing a guy build and run a boat is not the norm anymore.
    Very conservatively set up, prop shaft even with the pad and with a small Trophy [26"], the biggest # that I saw was 94 gps. Incredible lift and acceleration.

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a trophy worked so will a chopper2. ill bet you could turn a 30 chopper2 quite fast with the white torque monster.

Page 125 of 142 FirstFirst ... 25 75 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 LastLast