User Tag List

Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 65 115 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He adds weight to the passenger side, as far right as possible to help the boat fly level.
    2023 TUFF 25

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Just weighed the back seat of my superboat 28.2 lbs FYI
    Mr. 'potato chip'..... .... I rest my case.

Ok maybe I'm getting a little 'old'.....and weak...."Ughh"....Maybe it's the two blue stripes down the center... but my original still back seat weighs 90 lbs. !!......now I gotta go ly down.
    1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dnelson964 View Post
    Mr. 'potato chip'..... .... I rest my case.

Ok maybe I'm getting a little 'old'.....and weak...."Ughh"....Maybe it's the two blue stripes down the center... but my original still back seat weighs 90 lbs. !!......now I gotta go ly down.
    2 plain flat cushions versus a standalone seat.
    look at the weight of the progression back seat at 85lbs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboat View Post
    Greg - reduction of 100lbs on this hull design should result in +1mph, based on analysis, anyway.
    Thanks Jim I know you have the math to back it up. Hope you are well.

5. Likes rsess liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    they only are for boats that go over 100, it wont work in yours just kidding joe, I want to remind everyone you have the best trophy on the Great south bay, the one I gave you "Fastest SOB" and Joey East Coast got "The Biggest Chicken" award!!!

we should do it again ill make it happen, if there is any interest, we can give out some trophies have a little awards lunch and make it like a roast....
    I'm down and the boat is ready also. That will end alot of non sense computer racing claiming they are the fastest. Dirk the boat looks beautiful and I hope it a contender for the run. Yeah its funny everyone claims over 100 and they get beat by a 94 mph progression with me behind the wheel
    SOB RACING!!! Because Golf, Basketball, Football and Baseball takes only one BALL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylarge View Post
    Not to pick an argument on dirks thread but please explain how xs are not running well on progressions? I can speak for 2 22 progressions with 300xs that have run north of 90... Doesnt seem bad to me
    Hahahaha north of 90 on ur truck
    SOB RACING!!! Because Golf, Basketball, Football and Baseball takes only one BALL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    There is a lot of talk about weight on this thread but until the Long Island Tuff 21 goes onto the scale for a true digital weight reading it's just talk with no start point. I'd be really surprised for example if the rear bench seat on the Long Island Tuff weighs even 105lbs. It's only 60" long I suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnelson964 View Post
    my original still back seat weighs 90 lbs. !!......now I gotta go ly down.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    look at the weight of the progression back seat at 85lbs.
    Interesting. 90 lbs for a Challenger's rear bench. 85 lbs for a Progression's rear bench. With those two data points I'd now be really surprised if a 2015 Tuff's rear bench weighs 105lbs. A Progression has a 7'8" beam and the Tuff's is 7'7" so I'm going to say the edge to edge width of the two rear benches are identical at 5'. 15lbs heavier than a P22 bench?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Mercury is making the best product they have in years,I will refrain from comments on on Joey from Ecm as I having nothing nice to say,nope not one good thing.joe best of luck with your project can't wait to see you out there again.
    21 SuperBoat VF200 Yamaha SHO
    Bender Clan memberEroshibend Yamamoto
    2015 King of the Cut
    2016 King of the Cut
    2017 King of the Cut💪

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbender View Post
    I think Mercury is making the best product they have in years,I will refrain from comments on on Joey from Ecm as I having nothing nice to say,nope not one good thing.joe best of luck with your project can't wait to see you out there again.
    Bender let me start by saying I have mad respect for you, and your work, no one on this board knows Joey better than me, he has been a friend, and has worked on every boat I have ever owned,over a 35 year span, no one can ever disput his talent, no doubt over the years I have ( to put it mildly) debated his billing practices, but is he any diffrerent than most people in this industry?, the one main difference is, when he's finished I have never heard anyone say anything other than wow, look at his work, most of the setup paramiters used today are standards and technique's he developed, example a 15" mid.on a 300x, to my knowlage ,no one ever saw one until it came out of his shop,over the years either Peter from skater, or Mercury Marine,( all of them) they refered to him on a conceptual level, his accomplishments in the offshore racing arena can only be discribed as brilliant on the rigging side, and behind the throttles of some of the most famous raceboats ever, I stopped counting after 12 world championships,I hope you respect my rebutale, because its pruely ment as an enlightenment of one mans tallent, who truly will go down is the history of offshore racing in the top 2, his accomplishments are truly amazing, and yes I am a fan of both you and him

11. Thanks Superbender thanked for this post
    Likes Brabender liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mickey there great motors they do the job, as we can see from what out there allready, you cant take it away from them, but just a question? is that a good number for a 22 progression? if I remember correctly p2'2s with a x was faster, but joe can answer that, if anybody spend the time in set up he did, that boat was a rocket..
    Everything comes in perception. I cant think of one progression with a 300xs where the owner spent time dialing in the boat with a full concern on that big number. As far as reliability you can buy any motor and have an issue with it. There are obviously some xs that where nothing but problems, and there are plenty that have run trouble free. As far as the weight of the backseat i dont think you can even consider superboats design into consideration because you have to add the weight of the liner into the boat itself. 2 complete different interior designs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylarge View Post
    Everything comes in perception. I cant think of one progression with a 300xs where the owner spent time dialing in the boat with a full concern on that big number. As far as reliability you can buy any motor and have an issue with it. There are obviously some xs that where nothing but problems, and there are plenty that have run trouble free. As far as the weight of the backseat i dont think you can even consider superboats design into consideration because you have to add the weight of the liner into the boat itself. 2 complete different interior designs
    Micky, your right about the liner, but thats one of the things I dont like about Tuff, rug, yes it works for them fresh water, but I always like the ability to scrub the floor most people wont be totally honest with a real evaluation of what they bought because lets face it they made a decision to buy that product (motor), yes the 300xz is fine, but Im sure if you took an independent poll, on what you would do to make it better, the list would be pretty long, but also it would apply to any motor we hang

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Micky, your right about the liner, but thats one of the things I dont like about Tuff, rug, yes it works for them fresh water, but I always like the ability to scrub the floor most people wont be totally honest with a real evaluation of what they bought because lets face it they made a decision to buy that product (motor), yes the 300xz is fine, but Im sure if you took an independent poll, on what you would do to make it better, the list would be pretty long, but also it would apply to any motor we hang
    That rug issue is easily fixed, just a little time and money spent with Raybo ��

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm250 View Post
    how many power heads did it take for the 2 22s to get there ????? ? I have ran 90 for years with the same power plant yamaha hpdi 300 . the point was what power plant to buy I for one like merc but don't trust it to get me home every night. I think joe like most die hard merc guys want the reliability that's why there looking else were . I hope he has the same out come I had because I would never go back . this was not to piss people off its to show there is other chooses out there. Mercury is not as great as it used to be if it was they would have a 5 or 6 year bumper to bumper like the others.
    From what I am hearing the 2 progressions with the xs's almost bankrupt mercury from the amount of powerheads they went through under warranty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by progression22 View Post
    From what I am hearing the 2 progressions with the xs's almost bankrupt mercury from the amount of powerheads they went through under warranty
    My xs is still completely original.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm250 View Post
    Good to see there's one Honest Merc guy in the bunch. I just made one phone call and got all the truth. Again it was about right choose on power not a pissing match . But would be nice to see guys post the truth not bs . This site is to help people and save money on a hobby we love . Not scam or screw each other joe thinking outside the black box isnt a bad thing with a great warranty. Hope it works great for you p22 thanks.
    its just painting with a different color crayon

Page 15 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 65 115 ... LastLast