User Tag List

Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 54 104 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. McKnight View Post
    Thank you Scream and Fly for providing the platform to sell my Tuff 21. It all starts with Greg's incredible online magazine for us performance boat junkies. Thank you Greg! It continues with a great bunch of members that make up the S and F community. For those of you that know me, it is no secret that I have a love affair with my boats. When I move on to my next project, I get a little anxious about putting my "pride and joy" up for sale. It is extremely important for me to find a good home for my rigs. That being said, I am over the top thrilled that Joe Lanfranchi [Dirk Pitt] is the proud new owner of my Tuff and will be tearing up the bay of Long Island. Joe is a first class gentleman who has a passion for high performance. He is very knowledgeable, very experienced and takes meticulous care of his equipment. My kind of guy! I couldn't be more pleased with my "baby's" new home. I look forward to many years of our friendship. As much as I love to put new boats together, what I love even more about this boat thing is the fellowship among us go fast guys. I can't wait to see what power Joe chooses to install on the Tuff. Most of you are aware that I am a die hard Merc Fan as my trailer tag states. Because I like things that are different however, part of me thinks it would be really cool to think out of the box, get away from the mundane and go "white". Can't really believe I said that. We have to admit it is an intriguing proposition isn't it? I hope Joe selects his power shortly, the suspense is killing me!

Again, thank you to the entire Scream and Fly community!!

John C. McKnight
    John,

Wow, thank you for sharing that story and taking the time to not only own and take care of an awesome boat - but pass it on to a new, deserving owner as well. Your story reminded me of how I came to own my present boat.

About 20 years ago, I was getting my 1986 Checkmate inspected by the Coast Guard and the inspector couldn't get over how perfect everything was. "There's only one other person I know who's as picky as you are" he said. "What's he own?" was my reply. "He's got a 22 Progression." I told him to call his buddy and tell him that if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd like to be first in line. Well, a few weeks later, the phone rang. I drove 4 hours to test drive and strike a deal for it. And yes, it was in almost perfect condition.

Now here's the neat part. I talked the previous owner - who upgraded to an identically colored 24' Progression into coming (a 5 1/2 hour drive) up here for a Poker Run that I helped organize. He's come every single year with his wife since then. She still marvels at the shape of their "old" boat. Yes, it still pretty much looks like the day it rolled out of the factory - like your Tuff.

Keep up the good work!

Tom
    1992 Progression 22
    Mercury Racing 250R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see that out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    motors motors motors Im so tossed one part says think out of the box go white, but than theres the dark side just pulling back in

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much of the Merc set up is still on it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    How much of the Merc set up is still on it?
    Its all there just plug and play with a Merc x

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
    That can get you on the water quick. You can then spend the time to research and develop an alternative.
    Regards,
    Charlie North
    If it ain't broke, modify it.
    80 21' Superboat with Yamaha 225 Excel power
    76 Glastron to be powered by a 6.2 L92 with surface drive
    87 Glastron CVX20 Hull

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    motors motors motors Im so tossed one part says think out of the box go white, but than theres the dark side just pulling back in

think ed will be selling his XS's this winter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new boat.. It is simply beautiful.. Best of luck with it..
    24 Skater 250xs
    15 Viper 2.5 260

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^This definitely tilts things towards the darkness. Lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,

Thank you for your kind words and very cool story. Your Progression 22 looks like a "super" ride. Isn't it fun how things come about in this great fraternity of high performance enthusiasts? By the way, although we reside in Florida now, I was raised in Rochester. I have fond memories of my childhood in Rochester. I got my boating fetish spending our summers on the St. Lawrence River in Alexandria Bay. Again Tom, thanks for your kind words and enjoy your Progression!

Kindest regards,

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. McKnight View Post
    Hi Tom,

Thank you for your kind words and very cool story. Your Progression 22 looks like a "super" ride. Isn't it fun how things come about in this great fraternity of high performance enthusiasts? By the way, although we reside in Florida now, I was raised in Rochester. I have fond memories of my childhood in Rochester. I got my boating fetish spending our summers on the St. Lawrence River in Alexandria Bay. Again Tom, thanks for your kind words and enjoy your Progression!

Kindest regards,

John
    Wow, small world! How cool that you grew up in my home town! I still live in the lakeside community of Charlotte - less than 400' from Lake Ontario. That's where my Progression spends most of it's time and where my ashes will end up someday. That's also about the same time my Progression will end up for sale because somebody will have to pry it out of my hands.

If I'm ever down in Florida, can I look you up and maybe drop by to visit your awesome boat cave?

Tom
    1992 Progression 22
    Mercury Racing 250R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the Tuff 28 project fell apart, I drove to Florida and bought John Mcnights 21 Tuff boat, I want to publicly thank John for all the curtesies he exstended to me, really have to see it to appricate the beauty of his detail to rigging......and the craftmanship of Tuff
    I know all the choice's you guys present are valid options, the x of course is bad as they come, the xs is a proven option with plenty of data to go with it, the 400r I think is smoke and mirrors. than theres the g2, very impressive, but steering is the issue with that, and lastly the 300g1, where water pressure may be an issue, but that I have an option of taking the gear case and modifying to a sportmaters specs and location of water pickups, I can also put water directly to the power head via a flush pickup on either side of the pad, Im honestly leaning towards white, Bombardier is light years ahead of Mercury in so many aspects.
    This is all very easy ...........

Step 1 - Complete fabrication of full cover to protect McKnight's baby properly
    Step 2 - Empty gas tank and weigh boat and trailer on digital scale mentioned earlier
    Step 3 - Remove boat and weigh just the Phoenix steel trailer. Now you know the true and accurate boat weight you will be pushing
    Step 4 - Put $10k in a brown paper bag and buy "Trimmed Out15's" mint 300X 15" off his 100mph boat
    Step 5 - Plug and play said motor and go boating next weekend with Smartcraft protection

Now that you have the boat in the drink, you can get used to it and how it behaves with a motor that you are familiar with. The seat time for the remainder of this season will help you determine what will be needed for the "new age" BRP re-rig project which of course is a must do. You'll hire Racer as a consultant and have all Winter to do the needed research, and sort out the White Knight for next season.

Step 6 - Sell 300X SS for $10k
    Step 7 - Become BRP poster child when the white 300 pushes the 2015 Tuff 21 to 100mph with transom mounted water inlet, gets great mpg, and has 7 years of warranty

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015Tuff21Orange.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a yamaha SHO and a 90 shot....
    '08 SRV
    Yamaha 3.1 Phase III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,

Sounds like you have great set up being just 400' feet from the lake. Lake Ontario can get a little choppy and I bet that your Progression is the right rig to handle it. If you are ever down my way, I would love to meet you, a friend from my hometown of Rochester. It would be my pleasure to show you the "boat Cave". You are welcome anytime.

My very best to you,

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorC View Post
    Get a yamaha SHO and a 90 shot....
    Naaah..........Canadian hull needs the Québécois Canadian motor. They can shake and make friends.

Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 54 104 ... LastLast