Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allison XTB-21 For Sale

I have an Allison XTB-21 I need to sell. I have had it for a few years. I used to use it a lot, but my daughter was born 2 years ago. I have only taken it out twice since then. We had our first son a month ago, and I really need money more than a boat. It has been under the shelter and it is in good shape. It is a 1986 model and it has a 2.4 200 engine on it.

I had the 2.4 200 laying around so I slapped it on. I hoped to eventually install a 225 promax engine, but my wife and I bought a house and started a family so...

I'll start with the hull. It shines in the sun and generally looks good. It has a noticeable scratch on the left side. The carpet is in good shape except for a spot underneath the passenger seat where the carpet was peeled up to bolt the seat mount down. I should have glued it back down, but that was about the end of me using the boat so... The back seats are in good shape and they are embroidered Allison. The driver's bucket seats looks good. The front passenger seat is a grey seat from basspro, but it is good. The gauges are new, and they all work except for the trim gauge cause it isn't hooked up. The only major problem with the hull is that the left steering cable froze up while it was sitting. The right cable is fine. The trolling motor works on all 5 speeds. The livewell pumps are independently switched and they work. The running and fishing light sockets work and the light poles are included and they work. The shorty front red/green light pole has a courtesy light and it works. The boat has trim switches on the bow, steering wheel, shifter, and cowl and they all work. The boat is wired for onboard trim and outboard trim. It has the inboard trim pump installed. It has the new style merc wiring harness. Bilge pump is switched and it has an auto float and it works. Fuel tank holds approximately 20 gallons. Boat is wired for an electric fuel transfer pump, but it doesn't have one installed. Kill switch works.
    It has a marine stereo with CD player. It works great and the boat has new marine speakers. The speakers are large and they sound good. Comes with a CCR cd if you want it.
    The underside of the boat is in good condition. It has a few blemishes and deep scratches on the bow where the front roller hits, but nothing that would preclude integrity. The boat does not leak a drop of water. The transom is rock solid. It has a manual jack plate but it is very easy to change engine height.

The trailer looks rough. It is solid though. The bunk boards need carpet, and I hope to get them done this weekend. The lights work, the bearings are good and they have bearing buddies. The tires are good. I pulled it from Louisana where I bought it with no problems. Its the original beam frame Sweetwater Trailer Works trailer I think.

Now the engine.. It is a modded 2.4 200hp. It has a low water pickup with speedo probe on the foot and a 25pitch tempest prop. The gearcase is beat up but it still pushes the boat. The engine has been blown up and rebuilt more than once, but it is running decent right now so.... I'm not going to BS anybody about the extensive repiar history engine, but it ran good at the lake earlier this week, and you can't argue with that.

Just wanted to get the ball rolling on selling this thing. I'm gonna post a youtube video of it going down the lake earlier this week. Feel free to call me with any questions. I need it gone asap. I would like to get close to $6000 for it but I can deal. Thanks!!
    -Chris
    call or text
    ******* edit had to remove my number cause I am still getting calls on this boat 5 years later!!!

Last edited by chester8420; 03-17-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that I could post in the buy/sell forum since I wasn't a team member.... But for folks that have 100 or more posts, they are permitted to do so anyway without paying. I really appreciate that. There's been a lot of times I didn't have $25.
    I've gotten a lot of advice off this forum, and I even bought this boat off of a member here. I figure the right to post in the buy and sell section is worth the money and kinda on the honor system so I joined anyway. Thanks S&F!

Video of the boat....
    Last edited by chester8420; 07-17-2015 at 11:59 PM.
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ccr cd is it u shouldnt have a undetailed description like that lol
    looks like a nice ride for sombody glws
    did u have that boat at lake blackshear i swear iv seen it
    19 bullet
    82 v king
    84 v king
    93 stv pro comp
    07 venom
    80 gt20
    93 v-21
    89 stv procomp
    97 xr 2001
    89 stv pro comp
    82 17 action marine
    99 action craft flats boat
    88 xr2002
    90 Stv pro comp
    10 mirage 1/4 master
    98 mirage 1/4master

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chester is a stand up guy fellas. And the boat is all gel except for the blue paint. The paint has a glittering flake look to it.
    985-255-9591. Thanks Randy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedinstream View Post
    What ccr cd is it u shouldnt have a undetailed description like that lol
    Haha, It is a homemade cd of their best songs, I'll burn you any CD you want to go with it, just let me know!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedinstream View Post
    did u have that boat at lake blackshear i swear iv seen it
    Yeah. I have been all over the place with it, but I live about 15 minutes from Blackshear. I think I saw you at cedar creek or maybe the sand bar.. I don't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtis View Post
    Chester is a stand up guy fellas. And the boat is all gel except for the blue paint. The paint has a glittering flake look to it.
    Thanks Randy. I sure hate to get rid of the boat, but maybe I can buy another one from you when the kids get older! I hope your boy and Steve are doing good!
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allison boat

Does it have a plastic fuel tank and is the transom wood. I have a fresh pro max to put on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has an aluminum fuel tank. I don't know for positive but I think I was told the transom is wood. I have never pulled the bolts out and looked at it personally. The fellow I bought it from said he inspected it and it was fine. Regardless, it appears to be rock solid. I'll take a couple pics when I get home. If this is a concern for you, if you buy the boat, we can pull the jackplate off and inspect it. If there is a problem we can negotiate or cancel. That's the best I can do...

Here's the pics.... Sorry it is dirty. The boat isn't perfect, but if you are looking for a good fishing boat that will comfortably seat 4 adults and outrun any jetski on the water, this is the one you need. Make me an offer!

Last edited by chester8420; 07-18-2015 at 03:14 PM.
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price reduced... $5,500 obo.
    Last edited by chester8420; 07-19-2015 at 10:22 PM.
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compression

-Chris

10. Likes tampaboy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to mention that the skeg has been replaced. It was broken when I bought the motor. I thought I already posted that info, and I did on allisonowners, but I forgot to here. I never thought it was that big of a deal, but some folks do. I always thought of the skeg as something that protects the prop from stumps. I was just happy to have a skeg cause it didn't for a while haha.
    I guess if I was speeding around at 100 mph all the time, I would probably replace the lower unit shell.
    Last edited by chester8420; 07-26-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price drop $4700. Let's move this thing.
    Last edited by chester8420; 08-27-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the colors. Beautiful boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same motor on my hydrostream. How does she run on that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mid to upper 70s when it's running right. I only have 1 prop (25 tempest) so you might do better.
    -Chris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's impressive. mine with a 26p laser 2 will run mid 80s Sounds like a great running boat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast