Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear Rob, she was a sweetheart.
    > Stainless steel Merc cowling plates - $110 shipped TYD - LINK <

1979 16' Action Marine/2.5L Merc S3000 - Metalflake Maniac
    1984 18' Contender Tunnel/2.4 Merc Bridgeport

"Where does the love of God go, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this as been there too many times. Never easy. My GR is 11 now and showing in age. Still healthy, but moving a lot slower. Lost my last GR to cancer at 9, so I hope this mutt of mine hits 17 as thats a damn good run. Feel for ya Rob...hang in there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there done that...I feel your pain...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rob, heres a pic on my shop wall my last 2 passed on.."my little dog, a heartbeat at my feet" at one time. "Harley Dog" and "Dusty Doodle Bug" Both got from the "prison shelter" abandoned some scumbag owner. Both were the best damn doggleist of dogs! I loved the little beast as gave them the best in there life I could offer. It was living hell sticking that damn needle in them, but...(both sick). But there "pain was over".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0353.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	322642

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One more Rob, as I know the Vet personal (has a boat slip down from me marina, as all the girls at the Vet here). But thing is I took a 10 day MC ride down to SoCal and left (Dusty) here with my sister. Came back and sis said "she's turning down food" and don't want to eat. Then I saw that "belly fulla cancer" growing fast. Did a shave and the Vet a ultrasound. No hope. Got 6 weeks more out on her until she was "skin and bones" and said.."its time". Trust me as shedding a tear for her now, as your pup too. But I was so torn up losing that dog I had to sit down and write a "Obit" for her, that still is on the wall the Vets. Simple had to remember the great times we had together. She was a "character", as me in life. The Obit I wrote...

My Side of the Story

Hi! My name is Dusty. I'm a Golden Retriever mix that was a just a little too wild as a pup. My first owner let me go, and not even a year old, I found myself locked down at Animal Services in 96. As this big bearded criminal type came down the aisle, I put on my cutest face. Sure enough, he was to be my partner in crime for the next 8 years.

As I wasn't quite done being a delinquent pup, but smart enough to get what I wanted, I worked this guy like a puppet on a leash. I still liked to chew, so I did in his slippers. Sure enough, the size 13's from Goodwill soon showed. I craved something different, and then discovered tennis balls. I remember when he bought a Corvette from a neighbor, and when he brought it over, he had a grocery bag FULL of tennis balls that he tossed in the yard. Seems like a hundred to me. Only could get 3 at a time in the mouth and back to my pen, so it took awhile, but I was hooked. Then it was sticks. Couldn't get enough, and had to go to Frye Cove 3-4 times a week for more. I was pretty good at swimming, and fast enough to almost catch a seagull. Found out tennis balls float pretty good though, and the farther out the better! I was great at diving off the dock, but always managed a belly flop! And about that broken tooth...well...it looked like a stick to me. How was I to know it was a 20 foot piece of driftwood? I was hooked I tell ya, and needed SOMETHING to drag home.

And those walks every day and night. I really had the neighbors bamboozled and just no way they would turn down my request for a handout of whatever was available. Biscuits, toys, balls...what do you have? I'll take it. I'm still a little sorry about that homemade Christmas ornament I grabbed from under the tree of a neighbor. Hey, looked like a ball to me! The boss wasn't to happy with me when that was found in my stash. But it looked good with all the big pine cones I took from the street down below us.

And those van rides got me really going. Loved going to the bank, and that Petsmart thing.....I still think it was illegal, but every time we went back, the girls still gave me cookies on the way out! I was hooked on cookies too I tell ya. Had three different kinds in jars above the dryer. And you should have heard me "sing" for a can of Alpo. And I always waited for a pat on my head before I dug in. Hey, I wanted this to never stop.

But stop it did. Although I had a very full life and not even 9 yet, they told me I had cancer, and not long to live. Now I was really treated like a Queen (which I was anyway...my partner in crime was Robby Queen)! But I soon felt very old, and even when we went to the kind people at Steamboat Animal Hospital for a check up or weight check (remember my buddy distracting everyone, and grabbing a handful of those cookies on the counter)! I just could not get my mojo working. My body was giving out, but my mind was sharp, and I remember everybody giving me a big hug, a slight pain in my leg....and soon my pain went away. Everyone around me was tearful, but my pain was gone.

I think that was a fair exchange.................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robby thanks for sharing that with me. That was a tear jerker right there.
    I appreciate everyone's posts. Really helps a lot guys
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Merc View Post
    Robby thanks for sharing that with me. That was a tear jerker right there.
    I appreciate everyone's posts. Really helps a lot guys
    Glad to share here as one real tough day when ya have to say "Goodbye buddy" When I had to put Dusty down, I took her collar off and she knew.."its over, thanks all". But theres a "Nisqually wild life refuge" here and no dogs allowed. She thought a "explore walk", but said to her...Some day girl. When I left the Vet I had the chain collar and her tags and went there. Theres 2 walks, mile and the long 5 mile. Did the long one with me alone and kept "jingling" that chain. For you "Dusty". Damn doggys simple steal yer heart and sorely missed when there short life over. Rob, hit a shelter and get a helpless needing a "care giver" dog. Wish the best buddy boy..pain of losing one will go away, but never forgotten either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your loss. This is never easy, but remember you gave your buddy a good life.
    1977 Python Inline150
    Carlson CT15/90 RUDE(SWEET AND LOW). SOLD!
    Bentley 200Cruise/90hp Evinrude. SOLD!
    Talon18/150Merc: Getting Upgrades. SOLD!
    77 Viking recored SOLD!
    97 Moomba Boomerang SOLD!
    00 Mirage Ski Racer 2.5 200 SOLD!
    1997 Superboat 454/Magnum

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3