Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JSRE- Jay Smith is the best!

Guys, I know a lot of you on here know already, but I just wanted to express my gratitude to Jay. I have a 21' bass boat with a 99 Merc 200 EFI that burned the #4 piston 2 years ago. Last year I had it rebuilt by a local guy here in Georgia. I finished breaking it in and took it to Okeechobee with my dad on a trip he has always wanted to go on. No problem there, but a month later fishing a family tournament at Delta Air Lines, my dad and I were going to our first fishing hole the first morning and she blew again. I had aluminum in the cowling and I knew it wasn't good. I was so pissed, I just took it home and parked it, missing the 2014 fishing season.

I started doing a lot of research looking for engines and rebuilders. I came across this forum and so many of you had nothing but great things to say about Jay. I reached out to him by email and then we talked on the phone. As most of you know, he just doesn't work on anybody's engine, you have to go through an informal interview with him! After a great call and conversation, Jay said he would rebuild it and make it better than before.

I shipped it to Jay and we had several calls talking about what he found wrong, and all the work he was going to do to it. What a great guy! We had several calls that went over hour talking about the technical stuff he does to the engines and his racing engines and experience. I am a very technical guy being an A/P mechanic and it was a pleasure listing and learning from Jay what he has learned over the years on the engines.

I got the engine back about a month ago, with a lot less parts than what I sent it to him with! What a great looking engine. I installed it, and she fired right up! I took her out two weeks ago, following all of Jay's advice on the break end period and she ran great. Jay called me today to see how it was running. Who does that? This tells you what kind of guy he is!

Jay I want to thank you for everything you have done for me! It has been a great pleasure working with you and I look forward to meeting you one day and hearing more of your stories!

Bill Ward

2. Likes Mo River Rat, seychellesboy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay has always given a lot of his personal time away to make you feel comfortable about your concerns or questions...here is one for you... I had a theft where as my garage door was left open and many tools were taken to include my JSRE dial indicator. I called Jay to order a new one and told him the story just in passing...Jay send me a new one at no charge...WHO DOES THAT!.... I in turn sent him something he could use as a means of saying THANK YOU...that is the type of person you are dealing with.. while there are some great builders on this site, Jay will get my rebuilds given all he has done and answered for me over the years....Thanks Jay for all you do............Steve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay is definitely first class and a good friend!!!
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have dealt with jay a few times and find him to be above board all the way

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys always try to treat my customers as I would like to be treated..... Thanks, Jay and Cathy @ JSRE
    Jay @ JSRE

7. Likes Mo River Rat, seychellesboy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay i went for a ride and took one of your 280 rebuilds out yesterday you did Gary's motor five years ago still runs like a champ

9. Likes Slimm liked this post