really hate to do this but I'm tired of having this boat sit in storage! This is a 1969 V191 "Marathon". According to my research (which includes talking to the guys at Checkmate) this is one of only 8 boat built back in 69 built for the longer races up in northern New York state and Canada. I know of only one other one in existence and it was converted to an I/O and is sitting in a barn. This is probably one of the rarest Checkmates on the planet and is all original except for the new Faria gauges and the upgraded steering. I bought this boat from an older gentlemen over a decade ago and he only used it a couple of times/year. I put a 1996 Mercury 225 Promax on it 2 years ago with a torque master lower and a Quicksilver 25P 4 blade prop.
The boat is solid but needs restoration which I have always been planning on doing but have come to the realization that I will never have the time or money to do it. There are no soft spots in the floor that I can find and it has always been stored under cover or indoors. For the past two years it has been stored inside year round in Canada and used for two weeks a year when I would go up for a visit.
It comes with a custom cover ($1000) and a 1970 trailex trailer. The trailer is definitely "old school" but I have hauled it on 1000 mile trips to Canada without any issues.
With the Promax, the prop and 12 inches of set back it will run in the mid seventies all day long and gets up out of the hole in seconds.
I paid $4500 for the motor 2 years ago and think that the whole package is worth $6500 OBO because it's so rare.
Compression shows 140's across all six.
I have plenty of pictures so pm me if interested