Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New motor for my Gokart!

Old Briggs 5hp gave up the ghost. New 6 1/2 now! I should "knock this chit off" as be 65 in June"? Slow down? HA! SPEED UP!

Next on my "never done" bucket list? Airshow here 2 weeks and TOLD myself when hitting "65"?

Spend the $750 for a front seat twin seat cockpit ride a P51 "Mustang! Bud here still keeps that old bird running simple FINE, and a hell of a "pilot" Its simple NEEDED me in life yet

Pic the kart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0312.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	427.8 KB 
ID:	320285

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And NEED this "ride" Have a great Memorial W/E, but never forget just who fought for you to got where ya at.

http://www.kobeko.com/P-51%20Ride.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And SCREW ya on some junk "Prius" and anything "Electric". Give me a gas guzzling V-12 'Merlin" Life aint how ya got there. its the "fun going there!"

20 P51's in the air at one time!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K9CoBMlOLi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    And NEED this "ride" Have a great Memorial W/E, but never forget just who fought for you to got where ya at.

http://www.kobeko.com/P-51%20Ride.htm
    I am right with ya there Bro...... and THANK YOU for your service!!!!! Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robby321, we used to have one of those twin seat P-51's down here that flew out of Galveston up until a few years ago. It crashed in West Galveston Bay one afternoon near where I was fishing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that as SO few left, as also MANY the old warbirds that "chopped up for scrap" metal and parts? The gov at work. We had won the WW2 war and it was DUMB MOVE.."destroying history" Few survive today. And before I forget, a ride in a P51 now is more like $1500. But still worth it to me! My 90 year old BIL (as his brother as "all went then") were B24/5 pilots. I've got a few pix from them in the air with "Flak" going off all around them. Plus one my BIL and him standing in front a twin engine B25..(B24's were 4 radial engines, 5's went to 2 to carry more bombs load). But his brother was shot down and none the crew survived. BIL's 90 now and bad health after another stroke, but my sis takes care him damn well, as he deserves it.
    Plus as living 21 years PNW now had the privilege to meet some the old timers who worked at Boeing here shoving out 20 some bombers DAILY for the war? Plus a few "Rosie the Riveter" old gals. Damn, some the story's from them, "then"?..priceless!

And ANY in the Midwest you MUST go to "Oshkosh" for the week. Camped out my van there for the week (unless a Black Hills "Sturgis" ride called first as being a "Gemini, the Twins"? I still can't be at two places at once!)! Sad vid here, warbird "grave yard waiting the the "chop up", for scrap metal/parts". Many my CC road trips the Harley always looked for plane "bone yards". So the stuff I seen was to me sad looking planes that at one time? "Pride of the sky". Plus when Illinois after a few "Rt 66" road trips with my parents to see my dads bro in Socal, first plane ride us was a DC3, then next a Triple Tail "Connie"..(and you DRESSED UP to get on the plane, not "take your shoes off)! Ride was low and slow, and scenic! Last ride us was the new 707 jet? HA! Dad HATED IT as can't see chit at 33FL and 500 mph? WHATS THE RUSH! Damn, I gotta a lotta mems those days gone by, and now? ME? HA! I would NEVER make it to a plane with my attitude going through "TSA". Take your shoes off..say them "you take yer shoes off" Be the real Chong in Canada 70's show! HA! Anyway..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tqbUG0dmxfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but grew up with Cheech and Chong and this still cracks me up as I'm the same way on any "authority".

And don't laugh to hard here as I WAS as my GF tossed in the "box" back 1987 think simple a trip here PWN see my sister, and did the Ferry out Seattle to "Victoria BC". Simple day trip us and waiting to get through customs, heard all the 7 think questions the asked. So I said .."save ya some time answers as yes, no, no, yes, now way, visit, just today" HA! Guards grabbed the GF purse, and both us "in the box separate"!

20 minutes "interrogation", and "released"..(Sorry Dave as that was almost 30 years ago and now, after 911? I'll never do another border again to see ya up there"! But also meet a real fun couple ferry back from Oregon. Funny as they called Illinois, "Illnoise" said its Illinoy. They he said stop calling Oregon "OraGON". as its "Oreagen" Gotta find the pick me and GF back then.

Need a little "levity here"..(what ever Levity means?)

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3f5WtJt2d-0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
    Last edited by Robby321; 05-24-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know what ya mean Robby. I had to give up bikes about five years ago. Doctor said the knees couldn't take anymore. Now there real good and never had to go under the knife. I still miss jumping and flyin though the woods. When I was 15 I had a bonanza mini bike with the 100cc Hodaka engine and that bitch would fly. I got a free ride home one day by the local cop after being clock at 72 mph. O'ya and Dave's not here.
    DaveW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    I know what ya mean Robby. I had to give up bikes about five years ago. Doctor said the knees couldn't take anymore. Now there real good and never had to go under the knife. I still miss jumping and flyin though the woods. When I was 15 I had a bonanza mini bike with the 100cc Hodaka engine and that bitch would fly. I got a free ride home one day by the local cop after being clock at 72 mph. O'ya and Dave's not here.
    I quit the road a few back too. Sold my bagger and the CBR1000f, but still have my old Shovel, as my frame up build Sporty dragbike. Plus 3 scooters here the private, as my restored ct 70. Yep, after 55 years riding "gave up" while I could before "pushing the limit". Thing is I USED to bounce of pavement, now more with a "splat" ! (and thats tripping over a twig going the the mailbox!) HA! Been a great run, and zero bitch "life on 2 wheels"!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On my GF then getting tossed in the box? But bet they simple wanted to "check her tits out and that nice ass", and can't blame them! Pic the ferry back and her bow my Switzer!

Name:	Mo 2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	320296

Name:	Switzer Maureen.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	320297

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea, I shouldn't be road bikes anymore I seem to always go way to fast and the roads are full of IDIOTS. When I'm out on the road I always stop and look at bikes for sale. I loved my 500 BSA Victor flat tracker. That was always a blast. No way could my left knee take that pounding. You big brave motorcycle rider.
    DaveW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea, I shouldn't be road bikes anymore I seem to always go way to fast and the roads are full of IDIOTS. When I'm out on the road I always stop and look at bikes for sale. I loved my 500 BSA Victor flat tracker. That was always a blast. No way could my left knee take that pounding. You big brave motorcycle rider.
    Oh boy a Victor? Long ago us kids were cruising the side the the shipping canal dirt south Chitown. 2 bikes, with the girls backseat. There was a "whoop de do" off our left and spotted a BSA yellow tank 441 Victor laying there! Stopped and checked it out and no one around? And found a wallet close and of course the guys said.."take the money and lets come back a truck and get the bike". Girls said NO WAY! He was probably with others and "lost it". Lets find some help. I can't remember the outcome but we did hit the nearest cop store and turned in the wallet. Classic old school bike, those 441's! And do NOT get me started "Flat Tracking!" Damn love "drifting the rear"! And who ever thought of taking a 750 Ironhead HD motor and "mess" with the firing order to make it a "Twingle"? Now its "boon boom, pause..(for traction) and boom boom! Thats when Flat Track HD's rulled! And no need me bring up "King Kenny", on that monster TZ! Damn, the good old days when life was FUN with "trying stupid or not?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I still lived at my parents on the lake we kept a great ice track all winter. That was so much fun, We'd get a nice fire going out on the ice and run till we ran out of gas. Last time I did that I couldn't feel my hands and the ice really sucked.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 05-24-2015 at 09:51 PM.
    DaveW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I still lived at my parents on the lake we kept a great ice track all winter. That was so much fun, We'd get a nice fire going out on the ice and run till we ran out of gas. Last time I did that I couldn't feel my hands and the ice really sucked.
    Not ME racing Ill Fox Chain! It was "winter" practice for lot the pro riders who flat tracked Sante Fe in Willow Springs! Simple ran sheet metal screws in the knobby's. Sad its gone now, but we NEVER missed Wednesday nite bikes! Ice the pic solid, sun out, and sweated yer as off racing! This is a "tribute it" and Danny narrating? He promoted/RAN the ice races there! Pic me long ago, and a link..(Goodbye, that "action clay track!")

Name:	Ice racing.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	320317
    Last edited by Robby321; 05-25-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast