Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna comment on the oil brand (although I like Pennzoil per Jay S) but definitely 32:1 on your mix. If you are turning over 7500 RPM, 32:1 is a good ratio.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I run amsoil in the 280s (saber) at 32:1 and we turn them at 8000 and up non stop when we are racing. The motors are clean when they come apart. Brenden recommends this (or redline) if you plan to re-ring it often as it will make a little more power. He had access to unlimited funds and testing while running the F1 boats over seas and has dealt with more high rpm 2.5s then most anyone. I am running the Pennzoil in my 300x and 300xs motors. I think that all of these oils will do what most of us want especially in a lake boat where they are short blast above 8500.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shop manual calls for 32/1 and full synthetic... I have run Pennzoil full syn in my Bridgeport running 7500 all day long spanking jet boats..LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Alisyn, and they are also a site supporter. But beyond that, their products are extremely well proven.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patchesII View Post
    Whatever you go with stock with 32:1. I'd personally run Redline but I realize most don't want to go through the trouble of ordering online. My next choice would be Klotz. There are a lot of good oils on the market
    You can't go wrong with synthetic regardless of what brand you use. Started using it in my sleds in the 70s and never looked back. I started using Klotz in our drag sled in the early 90s and have had great results in all my 2strokes since. I use RPM to determine ratio to mix. 50:1 to 6k - 37.5:1 to 7k- 32:1 above 7k This has worked well for me for most motors. Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2