Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Flooring from china a health threat...

My son put some laminate flooring from lumber liquidators in his house. Only been installed for 6 mos. or so. Found out it emits formaldehyde gas and is very bad stuff. Mfg. by our dear friends in CHINA. Gotta replace it all now and he is pissed, and having to replace it all out of his pocket until a law suit concludes and pays out. (if it ever does) May be long term health issues as well, even with short exposure. No one would buy a house with this crap in it now either. So a homes value drops drastically. So, if you have this chineese crap, go on line and check it out......Many health consequences. This is why they should ban ALL chineese crap from our country. Our Govt. must have known and let it be sold any way. They are not gonna protect us! So anyone that thinks china made products are a good deal, think again! First they kill our pets, now they try and kill the people with poisoned products. When will we all learn to avoid their crap like the plague it is.....Remember chineese dry wall and the damage it caused? Here we go again. Please avoid all china made products, it is the only way to stop the flow of dangerous junk from china into our country. Do it for our children's future if for no other reason. If WE don't do it now, they will suffer from the consequences of our lack of intellegence....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread could expand till the cows come home, and still not cover this general topic well enough.. Its a fine mess we have ourselves in
    Kevin Kiser

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I felt it a personal responsibility to get the word out for the ones that did not know about it. Thinking of little kids living with these gasses being breathed in, I felt it was needed. But yes, part of a much bigger problem. China IS the problem....

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything from China is a health threat
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a 2 fold process, 1-China and 2-the USA companies for importing it for increased profits!
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #3 shame on us for buying it.....

Rebuild thread:
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's all about greed.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There was a 60 Minute special on Lumber Liquidators a couple months back about this crap. They knew exactly what they were doing. So much as they had the Chinese factories purposely mis-labeling packaging to indicate they were CARB compliant when in reality they weren't. They also tested several samples from Lumber Liquidators throughout the country and the majority of them had 100's-1000's times above the legal level of formaldehyde contained within.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of wood in Florida on concrete, because it's hard to fully protect it from moisture below. Hence the reason I went with the porcelain look-alike. For about $2.50 a foot it really looks good, and is very durable compared to wood and/or laminate.

Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    My son put some laminate flooring from lumber liquidators in his house. Only been installed for 6 mos. or so. Found out it emits formaldehyde gas and is very bad stuff. Mfg. by our dear friends in CHINA. Gotta replace it all now and he is pissed, and having to replace it all out of his pocket until a law suit concludes and pays out. (if it ever does) May be long term health issues as well, even with short exposure. No one would buy a house with this crap in it now either. So a homes value drops drastically. So, if you have this chineese crap, go on line and check it out......Many health consequences. This is why they should ban ALL chineese crap from our country. Our Govt. must have known and let it be sold any way. They are not gonna protect us! So anyone that thinks china made products are a good deal, think again! First they kill our pets, now they try and kill the people with poisoned products. When will we all learn to avoid their crap like the plague it is.....Remember chineese dry wall and the damage it caused? Here we go again. Please avoid all china made products, it is the only way to stop the flow of dangerous junk from china into our country. Do it for our children's future if for no other reason. If WE don't do it now, they will suffer from the consequences of our lack of intellegence....
    2006 Spectre 24' SCS
    2020 Mercury 300 ProXS

2001 Allison XB2003
    2006 Mercury 250XS

1988 22' Velocity (sold)

1995 Allison Grand Sport (sold)
    1998 Mercury Stock 2.5-260 SS

1990 Velocity 30' - 502's (sold)

Go Daddy Go! Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China Products are JUNK that come into the US. But the only entity that should hold the blame is the US Government and the customs laws.

I spent many years over seas mostly in ASIA. And they apply a customs Tax on our US made products of 200% vs our customs tax of 20% on theirs ????????????????????????????????????

HELLO!!!!!!!???????

We are our own worst enemy and they know it.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    China Products are JUNK that come into the US. But the only entity that should hold the blame is the US Government and the customs laws.

I spent many years over seas mostly in ASIA. And they apply a customs Tax on our US made products of 200% vs our customs tax of 20% on theirs ????????????????????????????????????

HELLO!!!!!!!???????

And Obama wants to expand trade over there................
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't buy magic hose you step on it once or pull it across drive it springs leaks total pos
    everything from china is totally junk today and were buying it kudos to them were suckers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind an alarming percentage of manufactured flooring is made in China. You may have a tough time finding either laminate or engineered hardwood made in North America or Europe at a decent price. Nearly all flooring sold in the big-box stores will be from China. Last year I bought 1000 ft2 of engineered maple flooring from a big Canadian wholesaler who also sells into the US. The owner has been in the hardwood flooring industry for 25+ years. He explained to me that China now dominates this market. They hired a bunch of Swedish manufacturing engineers to setup their plants. Also, he explained that many of the products marketed as "American" or "Canadian" use US or Canadian raw logs, that are milled and laminated into flooring in China. So they are definitely manufactured in China (and hence Chinese "quality control" [or lack thereof]), but marketed otherwise.

I've installed another 1000 ft2 of German-made laminate recently from Lowes and been happy with it. The EU requirements for all this stuff are pretty strict.

Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post

HELLO!!!!!!!???????

I know my opinion will never matter with the politicians, but I have saying we need reciprocating agreements with other countries. What ever duties, taxes, tariffs they put on our goods we put the same on their goods.

It is ridiculous that a Chevy cost 39% more in Germany.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the difference between the Chinese products of today and the Japanese products when some of us were younger is that the Chinese would or could see their own people disolve never mind we westerners as they have proven! I know that I'm not PC but what the F__k at least I'm truthful!!! Good trade practices should involve good ethics.... but then again I'm preaching to the choir. My suggestion is to buy carefully and shunt the bastards when possible. Well at least I didn't use the G-word.... Robby should be proud of me!!! This gets me pissed, sorry if I affended anyone . Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Chinese floor jack few years ago a jeff Gordon model one of those 1 pump jacks well in 2 years of use it failed and is junk,so one day at a auction I spotted a green floor jack 2 1/2 ton in remarkable condition made in japan so I bid and got it for 45.00 thought what the hay ,you pay more for junkers being an older jack from japan I,m figuring probably pretty darn good it works great ,I still have my original floor jack 1 1/2 ton from true value made in japan also and works great 35 years old back in the day japan made some good tools

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast