Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julianconde View Post
    Thanks Brad.

The boat will handle ruff water just fine. To me it's about fun win or lose it does not matter but if we win that's a plus. It's a marathon race not a print race.
    I'm just trying to have some fun. Regardless if my competition is 40 ft boats or 24 ft boats. We all run the same speed that's what's going to make it fun ;-)

we will see how the boat runs in ruff water and smooth water testing will tell us everything.

julian.
    It doesn't sound to me like you've ever raced boats before. If you think your 25' will stay with a 40' with the same speed restriction of 95mph under race conditions, you have a lot to learn. I think your boat is as capable as any other racing cat of it's same size on the planet, but thinking it will be competitive with larger boats in offshore race conditions is crazy. Not saying you have no chance of doing well, as the P classes sometimes have very old boats that don't perform well, but if there are any decent 30'+ boats that truly run 95mph, you won't stand a chance of beating them. Like Brad stated above, in smooth water, just getting over the quartering wakes of the bigger boats ahead of you will present a challenge for a 25' cat at 95mph. Why do you think 28 Skaters can't even compete with 32 DWs in Stock class racing - they're just as fast, but not nearly as capable in race conditions. SIZE MATTERS in OS racing..........period!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    It doesn't sound to me like you've ever raced boats before. If you think your 25' will stay with a 40' with the same speed restriction of 95mph under race conditions, you have a lot to learn. I think your boat is as capable as any other racing cat of it's same size on the planet, but thinking it will be competitive with larger boats in offshore race conditions is crazy. Not saying you have no chance of doing well, as the P classes sometimes have very old boats that don't perform well, but if there are any decent 30'+ boats that truly run 95mph, you won't stand a chance of beating them. Like Brad stated above, in smooth water, just getting over the quartering wakes of the bigger boats ahead of you will present a challenge for a 25' cat at 95mph. Why do you think 28 Skaters can't even compete with 32 DWs in Stock class racing - they're just as fast, but not nearly as capable in race conditions. SIZE MATTERS in OS racing..........period!
    i already know that the bigger boats have a advantage of course they would displace more wake and disturb the water because of there size and weight and make it very hard on smaller boats duh that we already know. Size does matter in offshore racing I have to agree. Your not telling me something I don't already know.

As I stated before win or lose its about fun to me period. Thanks for your opinion.

I'll tell you this a 28 skater all it needs is a wider tunnel and some modifications to a bottom to be competitive with a DW boat. There's a skater at smart marine that's cut in half and going wide body 63 in tunnel ;-)

Twister 25 Ft Race Catamaran - Mercury 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julianconde View Post
    i already know that the bigger boats have a advantage of course they would displace more wake and disturb the water because of there size and weight and make it very hard on smaller boats duh that we already know. Size does matter in offshore racing I have to agree. Your not telling me something I don't already know.

As I stated before win or lose its about fun to me period. Thanks for your opinion.

I'll tell you this a 28 skater all it needs is a wider tunnel and some modifications to a bottom to be competitive with a DW boat. There's a skater at smart marine that's cut in half and going wide body 63 in tunnel ;-)
    I'm glad to hear that you're purely going into it for the fun aspect, as you surely will have a blast! I just wish for your sake that they had similar boats for you to race against, as the P classes really favor the bigger boats. And yes, I know Dorcich's 28 is getting widened - it's not going to make it competitive with the 32 DWs though. Pete has widened and lengthened 28s in the past, they're no match for a 32DW. The 30 Skater is the boat that is close to being competitive with the 32DWs, not the 28 - but it would require such extensive modifications, he might as well build a completely new boat. The funny thing is, the 32DWs aren't competitive with the Victory X-Cats. Trust me, the market is so small for outboard OS racing catamarans, there's no reason for Pete to build a new boat to go after that market. Plus he's too busy making money on the bigger inboard boats. Have fun with your very cool Twister, and please post up pics/videos from your races!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    I'm glad to hear that you're purely going into it for the fun aspect, as you surely will have a blast! I just wish for your sake that they had similar boats for you to race against, as the P classes really favor the bigger boats. And yes, I know Dorcich's 28 is getting widened - it's not going to make it competitive with the 32 DWs though. Pete has widened and lengthened 28s in the past, they're no match for a 32DW. The 30 Skater is the boat that is close to being competitive with the 32DWs, not the 28 - but it would require such extensive modifications, he might as well build a completely new boat. The funny thing is, the 32DWs aren't competitive with the Victory X-Cats. Trust me, the market is so small for outboard OS racing catamarans, there's no reason for Pete to build a new boat to go after that market. Plus he's too busy making money on the bigger inboard boats. Have fun with your very cool Twister, and please post up pics/videos from your races!
    dont disagree with p favoring big boats. To me it's about fun. Win or lose its about enjoying what you like.
    Gary ballough has come very close to winning the xcat championship with his DW boat. But the victory cats are hard to beat. It would be fun if we had more boats like mine.
    I know there's 3 cats like mine. One Yuka race boat in Michigan, my twister and a boat similar to mine in Florida. Would be fun to have more boats. My boat arrives in 3 1/2 weeks then the fun begins.

Julian

Twister 25 Ft Race Catamaran - Mercury 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has happened since the Customs BS in June.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RGR Doug Wright 28 Hull mold is now done the pleasure deck is being cut now. This boat will accept twins and is purposely built for a single. We are currently in discussion about the enclosed deck and a racing class for this boat. I have spoken to Mercury about this class and everyone is onboard to make this happen. We will post as things progress. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would this be allowed to compete and be competitive in the XCat circuit?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this boat, any new updates?

Pic by Cutwater at the Romp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joneill View Post
    Love this boat, any new updates?
    It for sale in the 20 and over section.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice cat you bought, that'll be one fast boat. Good choice on engine too!!!
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4