Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... I am just joking around.. right now I got a 200 merc, a 2.5 150 merc, 2 115 OMCs and a 85 omc, and a 35 omc, and a 135 omc. that 2.5 merc is da bomb...love that motor. upgraded a couple of years ago from a 2.0 150 big huge difference. but I have had to replace all of the electronics on the 2.5 150hp and the 200hp... can you say pricey......o yea i almost forgot. I just picked up a 1984 40hp rude with a 15" shaft.
    Last edited by Sparkieboat; 05-01-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    U want to race? I'll do the Omc u do the merc $100 bucks. I'll do 2 laps around the lake by the time you get the last nylock on.

I have a 18v impact in left hang with a 9/16 socket and a front lower bolt sitting next to lower. Stab lower up hold the case up grab impact zip bolt in and your done.

No need to f with aligning the shift rod while using an open end wrench to tighten the nylock nuts 1/4 turn at a time.
    I'd be terrified to cross thread doing that witht the impact.

I guess I just have more experience with Merc. Only trouble I ever had with them is the driveshaft splines lining up. Last year I had no problem putting them on without removing the side pan using a long ratchet extension and a swivel socket on the end. This year side pan was a must. I have it down pat now.

I have an OMC trim question. What causes this problem:

Engines are tilted up, when I press the down button they don't go down until the tilt ram starts pulling them down (about 30 seconds). Then they just fall down basically. If you stop pushing the down button at about level and give it gas the thrust will push the motor all the way down. However if it was in the midst of trimming up (on the trim rams) the motor thrust won't affect it. So basically I have to go all the way down then up before I can run. Both engines have done this since they came out of 10 years of storage. I read online that it could be the Oring on the manual release. I pulled that out and it looked fine. I've changed the trim fluid twice since the beginning of last season.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Engine is binding on the tilt (steering pin). You can first try to loosen the nut on one end but most likely will need to remove clean and lube. You should also do the same to the end of the tilt cylinder pin/bushings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it binding only when the engine is up? It falls down once the ram starts to pulled it down to trim level.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When trimming down its pulling the trim rams in then once they are all the way in and the tilt starts to pull down the engine gets to a point and the weight overcomes the bind and it pushes the fluid into the trim cylinders pushing them back out allowing it to fall to the trim pins.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had read that last year and tried to take apart the clamp and clean the tilt tube but it wasn't willing to come apart. I PB blasted everywhere there was a seam. I was just thinking since it drops down after tilt rams go in maybe it's not binding maybe it's internal. Oh well as long as it keeps working. The power heads won't come off either so I plan to run these till one dies then repower

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and when they get bad enough to where they won't go down on their own, you can always have your wife stand on them to help them down
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    and when they get bad enough to where they won't go down on their own, you can always have your wife stand on them to help them down
    If his wife only weighs in at100plus it might not help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3