Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1996 STV ModVp / 1998 Mercury 225pm

This is the last STV Mod Vp that rolled out of Roark's business. 1996 Hull. I have both cowls, cockpit cover and full cover that includes engine. Boat is not a garage queen in perfect shape but is very solid and looks good. Call for detailed description.

Trailer is a 2009 Hustler Tandem with full Diamond plate floor and led lights.

Engine is a low hour original 225 pro max powerhead on a factory 2.5 15" mid section and a small shaft sportmaster. I had Lee Sanderson rig the 225 and it performs perfectly. I left the rev limiter and oil injection on it because I wanted a turn key package that I could just go ride with. Great boat.

sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Would you separate looking for a nice motor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Would you separate looking for a nice motor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a buyer wants the hull, yes. Lets see what happens

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just cant stay away from those ModVP's can you lol GLWS Tim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is one of my old boats. If so, Hank Hogan,famous for the 135 MPH blowover on the Suwannee in 2005 in ANOTHER STV Mod VP bought it new and I was the second owner. Half Fast owned it afterwards and Hogan also owned it again after he blew the other one over. It was a very good running boat at the time and didn't seem to have as much mid range hop as my other 2. I converted it to 15" when I had it. Hank only ran a 260 with bass mid on it originally. I've never heard that it was the last Mod VP that Ruark built. I'd have to say that the fit and finish as well as the mold work was nicer than the later one that's in my signature picture here, which was the last one to go. I wish I had one of 'em back.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea James I have it bad for these things. Really cool boats. Thought I would never list this one but time to use it is getting harder and harder to come by.

Norris it was originally bought by Hank Hogan. Chris Justice confirmed it was the last one Roark made. I just wish I had an OMC to hang on it so you could come thru on your promise to come up here if I EVER hung another OMC on one of your old boats..I have tried to buy back Frankenrude just for that reason

It is the best one I have had. Someone did some repainting/clearing on the deck and its not perfect but the Gel is straighter than any non Roark STV I have owned. And yes it does not hop much and is pretty non eventful when slowing down. I have done some pin to pin running, drag launches and top end and it is really good at all of them. I have (of course for me) pulled my kids all over on a knee board and it works for that too. I had a 260 drag cut on it while doing all that. I miss the power of that engine when doing drag launches but now I can do a lot more riding along with pin to pin, top end and knee boarding with a better chance it will all make it back in one piece to do again and again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just curious Tim. You seem to have trucks to match each of your boats. Do you get different trucks as you acquire different boats?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I liked the one I bought from you but I myself like the Rive Racer I have now a whole lot better I aint no little fella and there is much more room in the RR and for what I do its a better fit the RR is way over 100 lbs lighter than the ModVp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    what do u mean , pin to pin?
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sea and Sky..interesting first post..you stalking me? lol..to answer your question..no, its all done in photo shop after taking pics on a green screen

James I am still lanky enough to fit in it like a glove. Yea that first modvp that you bought seemed to be a little heavier than the last two I had. I assume because it had been painted top and bottom.

Parker..pin to pin is what I call the circle boat racing course when they would do it in a narrow river, or at least my memory of it. When there is no one around I have a course that is one channel marker and one stray marker about 3/8 of a mile apart and I run the course for about 15 minutes. About 5 laps in the water gets roughed up enough to make it exciting. I can only imagine being out there with 10-15 other boats. That seebold of yours has got to be a rip. When you posted it for sale I had to restrain myself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stalking is illegal, we would never do anything illegal. Besides drones and satellite are much easier and more fun! I knew you had skills, but did not realize photo shop was in your repertoire. You do seem to acquire a lot of boats from LA though . . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yea that's what I thought u ment. . Let me know when your coming down I'll take u for a rip
    SEEBOLD CHAMPBOAT MERCURY S3000

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you want without motor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sea&sky..We?..now your telling me I have an agency looking at me? I was painting the house this week...better change color to camo now..Yep, been to LA more than I ever wanted but it seemed everything I was interested in was there..and it was just too far to go "look" so I bought it no matter what..Next time I will contact you and you can drone or Sat check it for me to see if its worth the drive..deal?

Will do Parker..thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast