Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25 p trophy prop

A friend has a spare 25 pitch trophy prop in really good shape that came with a boat he bought that he's gonna give to me for a really good price I have an 18 ft bass cat with a merc 150 xr4 with the bigger gear case . My problem is I have no hole shot 4200 trying to get upon step and no mid range it starts porpoises and wot 5900 60 mph on a gps I have to throttle up to stop it I'm running a 24 Laser 2 with exhaust ring question is would I benefit by putting the trophy 25 and will the motor push the prop thanks in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trophy or Trophy Plus? Define bigger gear case - 2.0 or 1.86 gears. I run a BCB Sabre w/ 150efi. Typical 1.86 gears - you should be turning a 23 or 24 Tempest Plus depending on load and outside temps. I run 24 in the winter and 23 in the Summer. I also run a 24 A40 Trophy that carries a load like a dream, but costs me 1-2mph running light. Running heavy loads - the Trophy is faster. Comparing a Trophy Plus to Tempest Plus - you go down 1' pitch with the Trophy Plus compared to the Tempest Plus. I believe you'll be over propped with the 25. JMHO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on what JSSTEW stated. Which rrophy number 1? Which 18'Basscat ? Is there a jackplate on it. Any lowwater pickups. What kinda numbers you running at WOT rpms loaded and light. The Trophy us goona be too much probaby. Stranger things have happened. If it is those sell easy. Also need to know what gearcase u referring to with what gears
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response I end up getting a 23p tempest a40 model that the prop shop is redoing now. It's going on an 18 ft bass cat eyra with 5 in manual jackplate with xr4 150 not sure of the gear but it's the 4.75 hub lower unit no water pick up my numbers now with a laser 2 are wot 5900 60 mph on gps loaded I only drop 1 mph with it loaded versus by myself

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try a set of doel fins to solve the hole shot. no effect at high speed. to solve the porpoising you'll need to raise the motor to around 1" below the pad or even. YOU WILL NEED LOW WATER PICKUP TO DO THAT. you will blow a head gasket [and the motor] if you over head the motor several times.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well went

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well went run the tempest today the hole shot was alot better same top speed at 60 gps but can only get 5400 rpm wot and I can feel the prop loosing it's grip if I trim down it stops but half the boat is in the water no bow lift at all do yall think I'm to high with the motor I'm around 3.75 prop to pad thanks