Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe tony deleted that part from his acu/pcu. Im using a factory 11350 digital ecu.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had originally two problems with the engine 1: difficult to start 2: would not run higher than 3000 rpm.

No 1: Solved. Added a slide adjusted the idle timing point to ½dg advance. the engine now starts without any problem, and looking forward to get it out ond the Water. The digital ACU unit from Brucato seams to do a good job.
    No 2: need to be verified on the Water, soo lets see.

Note regarding No 1:
    As I am a very careful person and want to follow original instructions. Therefore I bought a Mercury Hi-performance service manual, and to my best followed that. The only thing was that my ECU is a (A15) which has different precedures for idle timing (8dg ATDC). I found that this precedure for the A15 ECU was not working so good, so thats where this story started. If I should go back, I would today do the timing this way on the A15. Close the butterfly fulley, and set idle timing to 8dg ATDC. And then instead of adjusting the idle by opening the butterfly I would do it by adjusting the ignition less and less retarded idle timing. That is wrong acording to manual, but i think that this had solved the starting problem. There may also had been some michmatch in other components as my one did not had the slide on the trottle rod beside the butterfly. So therefore the it originally may have been the old Air inlet/throttle linkage. But it was proberly, some time along the road, partly rebuild. As the butterfly has two holes in it, as the newer horns have. The old ones did not. But now my one has a home made slide with 5.5mm movement posibility. Still I am wondering at which ignition timing point that the butter fly should start to open?

Video showing ignition timing adjusted acording to (A15) wrong.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnL...ature=youtu.be

Video showing ignition idle timing adjusted acording to +2dg advanced. NB! I backed it down to ½dg as it is not use to so much advance :-) First start of the day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1D...ature=youtu.be

Note regarding No 2: still to come.,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks to all who has guided me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3