Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marty is a registered vendor with them so you should be good.
    2004 Deep Impact 36 Triple 300 Verados
    1998 Donzi 35 ZFC Triple 300 Verados FOR SALE
    1989 24ft Skater, Twin Diamond Marine 280's with Diamond Tuners, 34p Cleavers. A few pieces of JL Audio equipment.- SOLD
    1988 18ft Talon- SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how to wire this Verado pump? It gets hot and ground and also has a secondary circuit that has to be switched on and off? Anyone have an idea?

Formerly Central WI/LOTO Currently PHX AZ
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiestckl View Post
    Does anyone know how to wire this Verado pump? It gets hot and ground and also has a secondary circuit that has to be switched on and off? Anyone have an idea?
    If you can look at a Verado power steering priming harness, you'll get the idea. The Verado power steering system has a wake-up mode for 5 seconds, then it is ready to use. As previously posted, it also senses pressure, and operates at a lower speed until it sees a pressure drop (steering demand), it will then speed up. I've wired one these up in a track car, it works great. If you do choose to wire them together, the pump takes longer to get to full speed and the steering can be sluggish around the dock, so it does get to operating speed faster if you do separate wake and pump switches. Doesn't Merc have a kit to run this with the OptiMax. Also, the main power feed is off one of the Mercury "cube" fusible links, and you do not want to connect jumper cables to it. Want to know how I know?

You want to make sure you install it with the "quiet hose" kit. Sorry, I don't have the p/n, I'll see if I can find it. It keeps the rest of the system from "ringing" and transferring the noise up the hose. It may come standard now, but originally it did not. Also, only use the oil recommended, or it will not bleed and the system will be sluggish regardless.

I think it will work great on your Argo, I'm putting it in my Eliminator. Just remember that you need very little input to make it work now with the power assist. I've seen guys over-correct on pad boats and make things worse. What you do lose is that resistance you used to feel with normal hydraulic. Now you have to use the ass-o-graph, you'll get used to it, but it is worth noting it is quite quick on a fast boat.

Can't wait to hear how she runs, keep us posted.
    A problem is only a problem when viewed as a problem...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea on the wiring pn?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aggie, I left you a PM, call me to discuss. The info from Hydroscreamin is all correct. However I did not use the "quiet hose" and is quiet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3