Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old School or New School

Took this quiz and came out 90% old school. Guess nothing is 100%.

http://games.xfinity.comcast.net/qui...-or-new-school

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60% old school
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly over my age Old School. Got 75%. Not sure why. Oh well.
    I carry a gun because a cop won't fit in my pocket.

1987 Glasstream 15V
    1986 Mariner "Tower of Power" 115

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60% Old School

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90% old school

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    75% here...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what kept me from being 100% old school was Kate's tits looked much better than Diana's in that dress!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    60% old
    "Whacker Smacker" #561 IHBA M/E div1 2007& 2006 first looser champion
    2007 Sportsmen Driver of the Year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frederick55 View Post
    I think what kept me from being 100% old school was Kate's tits looked much better than Diana's in that dress!
    YEP! But on coolest cars? "wheres the 60's?" 50's started it, and middle 70's it was over!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    YEP! But on coolest cars? "wheres the 60's?" 50's started it, and middle 70's it was over!
    I don't get that either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    60% old school
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frederick55 View Post
    I don't get that either.

Thats because your still in "middle school" in life!

I'm THINKING me old soon, as hit 65. Not really and scaring me? REALLY old! WHY? ALL in "my blood" have lived into there 80's, and wild party animals young

Damn, my 14yr older sis at 79 still looks looks like a kid. My 10 year older bro at 75 now? Still can kick my ass and 3 inches taller and bigger than him! BUT the one that tells me.."you aint seen nothing "old" "YET! Who? My 90 year old BIL WW2 pilot B24'5's, lost his brother in the war as he was a pilot same. Shot down and none survived.

But he tells me now..(after 2 stokes recent and lost right arm muscle, VERY hard to walk now finally without a "wheeled" and pushed.."too the party!" But the thing is he has seen FOUR generations life, as me only 3. But I talk him and its simple him.."live life and let it ride. And have a good wife..(my sis), and "in sickness and health"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Robby, I guess maybe I am middle school to you, but I'm about to be 60. As far as party animals goes, well, tried just about everything. What I meant by didn't understand the 60s thing, my first car was a 1960 Ford Fairlane 500, second car 62 Belair, third was a 55 Chevy Bel Air. When I got out of the Army 68 Corvette. Yep, the 60s is where it all started with the muscle cars, but my 55 was bad ass. I got uncles and great uncles in their 80s and 90s so I hope I make it as long as them.Still work construction every day, feel pretty good, but the blood pressure is a little high. I know you don't care much for book learning, but I'll be finishing my bachelor's degree next year just trying to keep up with my kids . Can't say it reinforces any belief that you need it, but I learned a few things, like most college kids don't go their butt but from a hole in the ground. Got a brother that was an Outlaw, shot by a Hells Angel many years ago. Partially paralyzed in his left leg now. Point is, I could always kick his ass even before I spent 15 years training in martial arts, so I don't know what those boys think makes them so tough. Got a good wife, second one, together 24 years, probably get old and die with her. Got four kids, the oldest one is a business lawyer living in Europe. She's 35 and just called to tell me she's getting married, and bringing me over there for a trip this summer. Were all going over for her wedding in Italy next year. Trouble is my daughters, until now, haven't wanted to get married and settle down, but maybe I'll be a grandpa one of these days. Yeah buddy, life goes on, just live it to the fullest one day at a time. I may be old school, but I'm not sure if I really understand what old is. Feel pretty much like always did. If I die tomorrow I know I had a full life, no regrets. I tell the younger ones, you just don't know what it was like. Old school rules.
    Last edited by frederick55; 04-03-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still think we had the best generation EVER! I mostly was into bikes simply because as a kid with minibikes that was the only room I had in the garage! Dad and brother had the muscle as the boats. But I never complained about me "getting the hand me downs" later in life! Plus always hung with the older kids in HS that had muscle, plus I worked a kid in a gas station and all gearheads hung out there, late 50's early 60's. Simple a great time to be alive! (Still is too!)

On the "one percenters"? Its a "life style" to many, but not me. I simple like riding. Rode with many (Chi Outlaws) but never a patch holder, I just wanted to ride and party! "Born to none, sworn to fun"..something like that. (Edit..nope, it "Sworn to none, born for fun!"

I never was much into "book learning" as the regular stuff taught never applied to my thinking. I simple like "innovating something", using my imagination and common sense. I love to "build stuff". New doesn't excite me one bit, but the older the better. I can read tech info all day and always still learn something. But its the little things that one never thinks about that interest me. Remember one time a friend of mine was doing a frame up restore his grandpas old Harley. Some well known old school wrench had the motor for rebuild and we went there to look it to figure out what need doing, etc. He was a WIZARD with a wrench! But the motor was torn down and he started talking about the designed decades ago "crankcase breather" system. Never crossed my mind. Just knew it worked. Well, he explained it to us and last said.."its a simple but amazing system that someone thought of LONG ago".

But never think ya know, or ever well know.."everything"! I went on a bus trip with a bunch engineers to tour (5 hours long) the being built Nuclear Reactor in Braidwood Ill. JEZZ never saw so many damn pipes in my life! People can sure think something up, say "hold my beer and watch this"!

And ya aint alone on the higher BP..join the crowd!
    Last edited by Robby321; 04-05-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK Rick, had to think this a bit.."middle school". What I was exemplifying was like me and you.

Not "old school", not "new school".."just "middle schooled" and its a pretty damn nice place and "not going anywhere" as old, new, diff? Its all damn, DAMN GOOD! Simple enjoy the before, the "times", and this new chit kids do? Trust them...as its there generation now and they DAMN sure aint stupid! Wish ya well buddy boy..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast