User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just called renegades guy is supposed to call me back tomorrow and go over some dates ... Ill see what he has goin may June and into July ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish we could go, wifey loves it down there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scott just bought a river front lot in Welaka that is right next to a restaurant/bar on the water with decent cabins. Its about 1/2 way between the Glenn and Crystal cove if anyone wants me to get the information I can. I agree that Crystal cove makes a nice length run.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a blast last year.!
    I'm in.

Dago

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking like a hyperformance hostile takeover of the Glenn. Dave wish you were here too bud. Preciate your service and we will lay down a pass for ya
    Last edited by madtunnel; 03-26-2015 at 08:20 PM.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just for the record, the family at Bass world have been upgrading the rooms. no pool is a downer I know. as for me, I missed the bikini's at the glen. I may just be there for convience. fun out

ps, not only that, they offered a tow back if someone got in a jam. to me ,,, that worth a lot. out fun.
    Last edited by mr fun; 03-26-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a plan buddy take tons of pictures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Scott just bought a river front lot in Welaka that is right next to a restaurant/bar on the water with decent cabins. Its about 1/2 way between the Glenn and Crystal cove if anyone wants me to get the information I can. I agree that Crystal cove makes a nice length run.

Joe
    That could be a great option, using the parking option with Scotts property. I like the comoraraty of a group at one location for several reasons, first being able to form comararty. probabaly didn't spell that right, but what the hey. if everybody starts from one place it helps to keep the group together as a group. now, from past experince's I've seen some Mirages and others have fuel limit issues trying to make that long of a run round trip without a fueling stop. Yall keep kicking it around, but input my info, just as a side. un fout

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

just googled this ,,, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cr...95f95b8d85c2f5

if you hit the - and back it out, you will see that that is about another 5 miles north of Palatka, and on any given day the stretch from the boat ramp there to the right hand turn going south can get damn rough, rough enough that a flatbottom or hydro has no chance of survival, now add another 5 miles running north into open water to the hotel ??? last time I went to a run from downtown Palatka down to Porkies several Mirages and Actions had to turn back as they just didn't have the fuel to make it both ways. there is 89 ethanol free plentiful down there, Bass World being one of them, but a lot of these high strung O/B's require 93. to me, it seems more comfortable to start closer and return. Joe's deal is right there, that is a VERY well reputed establishment, the new one Renagades that Dumb Fun posted looks very nice, and again is right within striking distance to the glen, say a 4-5 mile run not 20. somebody stayed at Porkeys last year and reported seeing roaches crawling around. Bass World was kind of tired but I found very clean, heck ask Joe about the Taj Mahal #11 he and Scott stayed in. I'm always into new experinces, and the place next to Scotts property is owned by the originators of "Scarlott O'Harahs" pub in downtown St Augistine, A Landmark !!! surly a great property. for what it's worth, Un Fout

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    just googled this ,,, https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cr...95f95b8d85c2f5

if you hit the - and back it out, you will see that that is about another 5 miles north of Palatka, and on any given day the stretch from the boat ramp there to the right hand turn going south can get damn rough, rough enough that a flatbottom or hydro has no chance of survival, now add another 5 miles running north into open water to the hotel ??? last time I went to a run from downtown Palatka down to Porkies several Mirages and Actions had to turn back as they just didn't have the fuel to make it both ways. there is 89 ethanol free plentiful down there, Bass World being one of them, but a lot of these high strung O/B's require 93. to me, it seems more comfortable to start closer and return. Joe's deal is right there, that is a VERY well reputed establishment, the new one Renagades that Dumb Fun posted looks very nice, and again is right within striking distance to the glen, say a 4-5 mile run not 20. somebody stayed at Porkeys last year and reported seeing roaches crawling around. Bass World was kind of tired but I found very clean, heck ask Joe about the Taj Mahal #11 he and Scott stayed in. I'm always into new experinces, and the place next to Scotts property is owned by the originators of "Scarlott O'Harahs" pub in downtown St Augistine, A Landmark !!! surly a great property. for what it's worth, Un Fout
    The run from Palatka to the Glen is routine and anyone with a 25 gallon tank should be able to make it or carry 5 gallons with them .It's like a run to the Sante Fe on the Suwannee in terms of distance . The run does not take that long and is a nice ride . There is always Astor as well . Lots of options .
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok just talked to guy at renegades .... They only hav 5 cabins and no restaurant yet and they are building a pool ... So basically still kinda under construction .... But the cabins are nice and the tiki bar is open he said .... So.... I figure this group is so large we can all just stay where we want and all meet up at the Glenn on the Saturday run and mayb meet for dinner somewhere in the middle at corky bells one or two nights or mayb even cook out one night .... But I did get some dates that renegades had open cabins .

As of today ....
    weekend of may 15 he has 3 cabins open
    may 29 all cabins are open that weekend
    june 19 has 3 open
    June 26 all cabins are open ....

So may 29? How bout that date ? Would that work for everyone ? Or too soon after river ranch ? Would like to set a date and go ahead and get me a cabin reserved since he has so few of them ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure if jungle den is open, wasn't last year, about a half a star as for the rooms. I agree, to ride from Palatka is a nice one, but when you turn left toward downtown and then into the open part going north through town under the bridge and then up to crystal cove, if it's blowin, can be pretty rough. the place next to Scott Porta's property I belive is Welaka Inn, read an article about it in a local magazine describing it as a nice quiet place with a bar for sunset watching and music. I'll see if I can find a website. the place Dumb fun put a link to sounds nice also and is new, so it should pass the white glove test.

http://www.welakalodge.com/

Bingo, there's a pool !!! huh oh, got the wrong vid, here's the right one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDHtsZxWFQM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...a_Florida.html
    Last edited by mr fun; 03-29-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah my new to me race boat I don't trust it to run that far so I will stay close to Glenn .... And my parents will b there with the pontoon .... It doesn't go fast ... Around 13 mph I think we can still meet up and party with people staying different places .... Say fri night we can meet at corky bells and sat hav a cookout at one of the hotels ...

Lets get a date set so we can worry about the rest of the plans. ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foley View Post
    The run from Palatka to the Glen is routine and anyone with a 25 gallon tank should be able to make it or carry 5 gallons with them .It's like a run to the Sante Fe on the Suwannee in terms of distance . The run does not take that long and is a nice ride . There is always Astor as well . Lots of options .
    So your saying I'll be fine on 7 gals
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just the passenger that you or a friend might like most.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bob-90915-1-4

Joe

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast