User Tag List

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 400R news

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylarge View Post
    20" mid fits much nicer on a full transom 22 progression. You just need to have a hydralic jackplate with atleast 6" setback. Kevin has a plug to make a 20" transom which would work nicely on a 15" motor
    Yea, that might work with my full transom. Personally, I think a 400 is just too heavy for a P 22 though - especially hung way out with lots of setback.
    1992 Progression 22
    Mercury Racing 250R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCT View Post
    A 15" mid 400R is very cool! Only problem is how many current boats could run a 15" mid (per the transom depth) and still handle that kind of weight? I'm guessing that boat builders will build new models around this platform, though. Is the new 318 Skater model running 15" or 20" mids?
    20" Mids. 15"not available till sometime in the fall.

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Says twin 400R,s 120mph thats going to be a sweet package and price! How fast would a 31ft skater go with twin 300xs motors?
    30' Skater with 300xs motors runs high 90's with normal load. Low 100's light perfect conditions.
    I think 120 is a stretch. Maybe 115mph on a good day is my guess. Boat has been widened and wil have full wrap around windshield.

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Rigged View Post
    30' Skater with 300xs motors runs high 90's with normal load. Low 100's light perfect conditions.
    I think 120 is a stretch. Maybe 115mph on a good day is my guess. Boat has been widened and wil have full wrap around windshield.
    The two Doug Wrights that are being rigged with 400s are expecting 125. The boats run 115 with XS motors and these are able to twist another 1100 r.p.m.-the numbers work on paper but time will tell. These are expensive boats (with outboards) when you look at what is out there used with inboards. I am an outboard guy but when your running next to an inboard and can't keep the boat in the water and hooked up as well as an inboard it gets frustrating at times.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    The two Doug Wrights that are being rigged with 400s are expecting 125. The boats run 115 with XS motors and these are able to twist another 1100 r.p.m.-the numbers work on paper but time will tell. These are expensive boats (with outboards) when you look at what is out there used with inboards. I am an outboard guy but when your running next to an inboard and can't keep the boat in the water and hooked up as well as an inboard it gets frustrating at times.

Joe
    As usual, I agree with your post 100% Joe. Regardless of the top speed difference between my inboard 30 and my outboard 28, there is no comparison between the two in the rough. In water where top speed isn't even relevant, my inboard 30 is a smoother, safer, and faster boat - even though they are similar in size. There's just no comparison between a boat that weighs 7,000 #s with a further forward cg and a 4,000 # boat with a more rearward cg. On another note, I think the DW32 is going to be a great boat with the new 400Rs (though I would only want the lighter 15" versions), and I don't doubt that they will see 125 with those motors. But with so many beautiful late model inboard Skaters/MTIs on the market for less money, I don't understand why anybody would spend more for a slower, less capable outboard boat. We're obviously not the only ones that think like this, as you know that there has only been one DW32 pleasure outboard sold new - until these new ones that are being built with the 400s.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I may want to put one on a 21 Checkmate or a 21 Liberator. The Checkmate runs 98 (with me driving) and the Liberator runs 105-108 with a 300xs. Actually, the 30 Liberator would be a perfect boat to put a pair on!
    Last edited by WILDMAN; 03-05-2015 at 02:00 AM.
    " IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU ARE, IT'S HOW COOL YOU LOOK!!! "

Check out my new website. liberatorpowerboats.com
    Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!
    Ain't got no toyz, Ain't got no money! I is jus a poor Florida boy!

Visit My Liberator Boats Website

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post

Joe
    The prop shaft rpm will be less than 300xs since the 400s only come with 1.75 gear.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes they are 1.75, but I heard they turn 7000 rpm

Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    As usual, I agree with your post 100% Joe. Regardless of the top speed difference between my inboard 30 and my outboard 28, there is no comparison between the two in the rough. In water where top speed isn't even relevant, my inboard 30 is a smoother, safer, and faster boat - even though they are similar in size. There's just no comparison between a boat that weighs 7,000 #s with a further forward cg and a 4,000 # boat with a more rearward cg. On another note, I think the DW32 is going to be a great boat with the new 400Rs (though I would only want the lighter 15" versions), and I don't doubt that they will see 125 with those motors. But with so many beautiful late model inboard Skaters/MTIs on the market for less money, I don't understand why anybody would spend more for a slower, less capable outboard boat. We're obviously not the only ones that think like this, as you know that there has only been one DW32 pleasure outboard sold new - until these new ones that are being built with the 400s.
    No doubt an inboard boat will outperform and outboard boat any day of the week. It will also eat money out of your wallet at the same pace. For me it is about I only have a small amount of time to use the boat and being it is in salt water the cleaning process for a boat like Dale's 30 would add 2hrs to the cleaning time as those motors would be covered in salt ever time you go out. I also think the DW will run 125mph. They are a great boat but do not hold the resale value or appeal for pleasure boats it seems. According to MTI a client of ours they have presold 2 boats already on the 34' Model they are coming out with $400k.
    I am sure the Skater being built is somewhere close to that as well. These motors will provide someone a lot of run time with little maintenance and should hold up well. I would not expect to see anyone crack the code on the computers anytime soon. I am sure Mercury is well aware of that situation and have taken extra measures to hold that off or be able to void your warranty.

Double
    Rigged
    308 Skater w/400r’s
    Over-Kill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    400 hp is alot out of a 2.6 litre motor!

Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    noticed a yellowfin at "Pablo Creek Marine" with all 3 lowers removed, not even a performance boat. seems like the Achilles heel to me. if they could figure a way to hook up a Bravo lower to it??? just sayin. 33k ,,, uh humm fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what we need is a surfacing duoprop, 4 stoke so heavy may as well add 2 speed box as well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDMAN View Post
    I may want to put one on a 21 Checkmate or a 21 Liberator. The Checkmate runs 98 (with me driving) and the Liberator runs 105-108 with a 300xs. Actually, the 30 Liberator would be a perfect boat to put a pair on!
    Randy did you say 680# motor on 21 checkmate if it floats it will be fast good luck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    The prop shaft rpm will be less than 300xs since the 400s only come with 1.75 gear.
    There are gear sets out there-that will be as high as 1:50. Its already well under way.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Rigged View Post
    No doubt an inboard boat will outperform and outboard boat any day of the week. It will also eat money out of your wallet at the same pace. For me it is about I only have a small amount of time to use the boat and being it is in salt water the cleaning process for a boat like Dale's 30 would add 2hrs to the cleaning time as those motors would be covered in salt ever time you go out. I also think the DW will run 125mph. They are a great boat but do not hold the resale value or appeal for pleasure boats it seems. According to MTI a client of ours they have presold 2 boats already on the 34' Model they are coming out with $400k.
    I am sure the Skater being built is somewhere close to that as well. These motors will provide someone a lot of run time with little maintenance and should hold up well. I would not expect to see anyone crack the code on the computers anytime soon. I am sure Mercury is well aware of that situation and have taken extra measures to hold that off or be able to void your warranty.
    I agree with most of what you say Ron, except that the motors in my 30 really don't take much time at all when we get back from the salt (which is every time we take it out). Every time before we take the 30 out, I WD40 the motors from top to bottom, so when we get back, all I do is wipe them down with a towel - all the salt is stuck to the WD40 which wipes right off the motors. As for expense, my 30 does burn almost twice the fuel as my 28 - but it doesn't burn any oil. When you add the oil cost, it's only about a 25% cost difference between the two boats for the day. A typical 200 mile trip in my 30 costs about $800 (91 octane fuel) for the day, and the 28 costs around $600 ($450 91 octane fuel, $150 oil).

Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 53 ... LastLast