Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Victory Motorcycles teams with Matt Smith to create NHRA factory effort

Looks like Victory mean business but still a "replant a S+S motor" I've known George (S+S), when lived back Illinois, and they build some MONSTER motors! Yep, the 4 C jap motors make power, but sound like chit. 160 inch V Twin? (think that where there at?)

"Thunder"! link...

http://www.nhra.com/story/2015/1/22/victory-smith/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NHRA gave into Harley Buell and now Polaris in the real world racing the japs would eat them alive,we have street bike legal will go 6.80s with no wheiily bars on motor...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpijanowski View Post
    NHRA gave into Harley Buell and now Polaris in the real world racing the japs would eat them alive,we have street bike legal will go 6.80s with no wheiily bars on motor...
    So ya had to spit crap THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACING the damn street? Dude ..GROW UP! Its simple NHRA rules running 4 C overhead cam motors Jap, against push rod V twin motors. They are equal in HP/times and and thats the point! I care less what ya think, as got 55 YEARS racing bikes in my life. Moto's, Jap, Trumps, BSA, and have still my HD drabbike I BUILT "frame up"..plus my old school Shovel now 35 years old and NFS.

Grow up and any day ya can meet me here and I show ya what I can do as will have to borrow back "the Worked over CBR1000f " sold a kid friend mine here. Ya still got the "chicken strips" , side the tires that jap stuff rear tires? ? Life is WAY more fun (after acceleration of course) and lay it sideways a corner...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NHRA is a joke for bike racing...street is where its at and Harley wouldn't stand a chance in anything...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, as just got to get this off my brain. I got ZIP complaints ANY with 2 wheels. But NHRA is "National Hotrod Association" and surprised even they let the jap bikes run. Look the rest any running, Nitro, Alcohol rides, Pro stock? Ya think Force going from Ford to Chevy has needed to do a "engine change? HA! Just a new wrap the body, same old 500ci engine builders USA. Like Pro Stock as few engine builders, just a body warp and thats ONLY for sponsor money as it cost BUCKS to race NHRA. And think Nascar..(no not a fan)..yeah, those are "stock cars"?

But its all for entertainment the masses. Since the 60's me, MANY dragstrips and now gone.

But HD, others (V motors) made here COULD damn sure build a motor and bike to compete the jap inlines but its its a saturated market now, and the cost involved simple does not have a "bottom line profit".

Look what Hines did a pro stock bike motor long ago. Not a damn thing it HD, but the "V-Rod" he built from scratch was his innovation and needing "money backing to do it" Why HD stepped in.

And "Buell"..(met Eric a few times, simple wizard my book). And I've dealt with George (S+S) a LONG time, and they build some fine stuff.

Now Vic getting in the deal NHRA? SO WHAT? Its ANOTHER North American company that "pulled it off". Look what Excelsior new old school bike try? Went bust. Now look at Indian. Friend mine has a restored to pristine 1947 Chief. NSF, and turned down $70,000. To me its the HISTORY over my 6 decades, so kinda seen it all..(and glad to see Trumps still being made too).

I know where ya coming from too, as been there. And a 6.80 bike? No W Bar? Yeah, thats stock my ass, and a extended swing arm. Seen it all over the years.

But I live for simple "what the builders HERE can come up with" as some the junk I road LONG ago, was simple fun to me, as we simple didn't know whats .."next"?

Damn I came back from Vietnam in 1970 and saw the first "iconic" Honda 750.

Again I SIMPLE LIKE ALL MOTORED THINGS. 2 wheel, 4, prop in the water or the front end a plane.
    Called life and been a great run. Leave ya with this. The new "Indian Motor". Looks old school like 47, but way "technological advanced". Looks the old Flatheads, but overhead cams and simple one beautiful motor to me. Expand your thought a bit, suck it all in, and "keep the rubber side down, front wheel in the air!" Its all good.............link..

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-u...1-engine-video

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so victory is not using their own engines for racing? i always liked the idea that most of the victory(compared to hd) was made in america
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another case of how they bend rules just like when Harley put a bike in the Daytona 200 10 years ago they didn't even sell them to the public which is in the rules but they gave into them but they took a pounding so they pulled out..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpijanowski View Post
    Bingo.

The Harley wanna be's get 2500 cc's and the ricers get 1500.
    Any questions?

Only NHRA Pro Stock Bike fans these days are red necks on 2 cylinder Massey Fergusons.

One thing for sure, we know who's writing the bigger checks to NHRA.
    Pathetic!
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My take, and last me as this is simple. I DON"T give a damn! Yeah, got the oldest MC company in USA existence will ALWAYS get bashed ricers. Heard that argument since me a kid and had a tough time racing the new 450 twin Honda me a 57 T110 Trump 650 before went to Nam, and then the 750 4C when got back home. Now ya getting on the resurrected Indian name and now the Vic? And ANY talk bad George at S+S really need to meet him. They build some fine motors, and been around for decades.

I simple though it was "good news" that another American company (my nephew owns a 100CI Vic Cross County) will get involved NHRA Pro bikes. WITH a AMERICA MADE S+S big inch. And on the CI diff HD and rice. Its simple as an high revving 4 valve, and think they are knocked down 2 valve now..don't care anyway. Its the volume of sucked in air, and then the gas. Can we say "Volumetric efficiency"? A slow piston speed "tractor motor" is one torquey beast. And even now that (NHRA) keeps adding weight them. WHY?

ITS SIMPLE fan appeal..like Nascar, and care less what they do. ITS A BIG BUSINESS!

I quit going and NHRA years ago. Samo samo. But ya gotta love nitro noise.

Ya want REAL racing? Rides IHRA has more relaxed rules. I've never heard of "All Jap" bike racing events, but I damn sure never miss a "All Harley Drags" south me (old school) Woodburn OR dragstrip..(use to race here in Seattle at old SIR, but new owners and Pacific Raceway now got WAY to corporate, and they will never be back here) . Ya simple cannot miss the "run what ya brung" Nitro HDS!
    To me NHRA now? GET BACK to the roots of racing! And build NOT a new DS made "4 wide now in a few weeks?" Build a new LONG strip and shut down, go back 100% nitro like we started years ago. "Let those racers innovate UP, NOT "rules" slowing ya down. OK me the TF and the funnys, and OK me alcohol funnys or nitro not blown dragsters fine. But dump the Pro Stock cars (stock?) when the stands MT to the snack bar, and bring in the Pro Mods. Dump the pro stock bikes (stock?) and go nitro bikes and just watch the "fan appeal show up now!"

Gonna happen? Nope...........but be nice.....(at least I lived it)..its all good kids if ya wake up home, and not looking up a locked "pine box".
    Last edited by Robby321; 03-13-2015 at 03:34 PM.