Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRUMMER 70 View Post
    a few picture of an unfinished boat with unknown perf and unknown quality...............well lets just say it will be a tough row to hoe.....till some more info is presented !!!!
    I would have reserved introduction until a more complete picture is avail, and by complete I mean ....rigged, detailed , test run , video ....etc ....not just a few pics of an unfinished boat in a garage.
    nothing really innovative here ...looks like all the rest ....literally all in one.
    Nice Segway into the "it's all our own fault merc wont build race 2.5 anymore" b.s.
    nice try .....lol
    My thoughts exactly. How can anyone NOT be interested in a boat that nobody's ever seen?
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe not so much interest as so few of us buy new boats, myself included. It is very cool to see a new hull coming out, and I hope they sell enough to stay in business.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRUMMER 70 View Post
    a few picture of an unfinished boat with unknown perf and unknown quality...............well lets just say it will be a tough row to hoe.....till some more info is presented !!!!
    I would have reserved introduction until a more complete picture is avail, and by complete I mean ....rigged, detailed , test run , video ....etc ....not just a few pics of an unfinished boat in a garage.
    nothing really innovative here ...looks like all the rest ....literally all in one.
    Nice Segway into the "it's all our own fault merc wont build race 2.5 anymore" b.s.
    nice try .....lol
    Since when is this an official "introduction" of this new boat? Think of it more as spy photos another member post that I just happen to have some firsthand knowledge of. The boat is obviously inside a commercial building, not a garage as you stated - since when are garages built out of 6" metal studs and 5/8" sheetrock? Spaces like these are where boats like these are built........did you expect it to be built in a 100,000sf facility such as Douglas Marine? I also never stated it was anybody's fault Mercury isn't building 2.5s any more - I only stated the obvious fact that there isn't a profitable market for them any more. And though you may not think this boat is innovative, I'd like you to post a picture of another 20' picklefork modvp with a twin-step-sponson bottom and transom setback such as this boat has. Just because you don't know what you're looking at doesn't mean this boat isn't innovative (though I never said it was in the first place).........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said Rayzor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spy photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    Since when is this an official "introduction" of this new boat? Think of it more as spy photos another member post that I just happen to have some firsthand knowledge of. The boat is obviously inside a commercial building, not a garage as you stated - since when are garages built out of 6" metal studs and 5/8" sheetrock? Spaces like these are where boats like these are built........did you expect it to be built in a 100,000sf facility such as Douglas Marine? I also never stated it was anybody's fault Mercury isn't building 2.5s any more - I only stated the obvious fact that there isn't a profitable market for them any more. And though you may not think this boat is innovative, I'd like you to post a picture of another 20' picklefork modvp with a twin-step-sponson bottom and transom setback such as this boat has. Just because you don't know what you're looking at doesn't mean this boat isn't innovative (though I never said it was in the first place).........
    Ok, what is innovative about steps ...and setback ? builders been doin it for a long time...seems your more concerned about my garage comment, maybe I should have paid more attention to the construction of the "industrial garage" than the boat. just sayin.
    As far as the comment about merc 2.5 production im sure all who read that statement will agree to the angle and tone of your spew. you were being a little bitchy when nobody responded.like I said, buyers may have a little more interest when some more "solid" info is avail. how many times have we seen a "NEW BOAT" come to market only to end up a farse or a pet project that goes nowhere.
    you seemed to have ample knowledge concerning construction of the "industrial building" but made no mention of the "BOAT" construction!....with all that firsthand knowledge.
    sorry dude you asked for it.
    would like to read about the construction , the build process, materials, the history of the designer and future plans etc......some solid info I guess. then you may find some interest will bloom!
    Im pretty savy when it comes to lookin at boats and seeing what its about ....but I don't have x-ray vision and one pretty boat looks like the next.

6. Likes Wildcat700 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old thread but I was curious did anything ever come of this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Going up against a STV Euro is kinda a no win situation. But it did make for some nice butt hurt posts.

9. Likes Dave Strong liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3