Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't turn the rotors, get new rotors. When you turn rotors they get weak along with most rotors today are undersize once turned.
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroski View Post
    Don't turn the rotors, get new rotors. When you turn rotors they get weak along with most rotors today are undersize once turned.
    Yes get NEW rotors turning them means that they will be thinner and warp even faster next time soon!! Check some Mini forums and find out what brands guys are buying that seem to last the longest with rotors. There are best quality ones that will save you money and last years over cheep ones that you have to change every year! Same goes with break pads!! do it your self its so easy i do them on my Yukon Denial,Jeep grand cherokee ,volts passat and 300SRT8. Trust me if I can do it anyone can!! There even youtube vids that you can play beside ya on the lap top while ya do it!!!save yourself 200 bucks and do it your self. Front breaks and rotors will cost you 150 or less for everything. The stealer ship will charge you 300+ !! its so simple!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and BTW if after ya do it your self and when your driving there's no wobble and if you let go of the wheel it doesn't pull to one side or the other you dont need a wheel alignment. If you notice one tire wearing more on the inside or outside different then the other you do need a wheel alignment. or spent the 100 bucks and have one done if you must.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroski View Post
    Some of todays rotor materials are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Yes get NEW rotors turning them means that they will be thinner and warp even faster next time soon!! Check some Mini forums and find out what brands guys are buying that seem to last the longest with rotors. There are best quality ones that will save you money and last years over cheep ones that you have to change every year! Same goes with break pads!! do it your self its so easy i do them on my Yukon Denial,Jeep grand cherokee ,volts passat and 300SRT8. Trust me if I can do it anyone can!! There even youtube vids that you can play beside ya on the lap top while ya do it!!!save yourself 200 bucks and do it your self. Front breaks and rotors will cost you 150 or less for everything. The stealer ship will charge you 300+ !! its so simple!
    Hard to even find a shop that does them or even know how to properly turn them anyway. Not like the old days.
    Same goes for the wheel alignment. If you decide to get one done make sure the mechanic/tech has been doing them regularly for while. Another thing that could be a huge gamble with many shops today. They can even make things worse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New rotors are on order as of yesterday (front only as the rear were fine). The mechanic took the time and explained things the way that you have which is reassuring. He had me out there in the shop and flash lighted the areas he was speaking of.

Whipper, as much as I would love to attempt this project, I'd rather leave it to the pro's. (attempted to replace the gimbal bearing and bellows on my Mercruiser once. Felt very confident after watching numerous videos, ordered the tools & parts. Once in there, my better judgement took over and saved my marriage) ---
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2