Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lets talk guns!

Been cleaning and oiling up the gun safe rifles. Maybe 30 years ago I bought from "Sportsman Guide", surplus Mausers 7MM were $45. Got one, liked it, so bought another. It was a "grab off the pile", so what ya got was just that. First one was a long rifle and it first shot at 25 yards with 6 paper targets, foot across 2 each and 3 rows. Told the spotter "top right". Well long story short I was hitting BOTTOM LEFT! So a dropped rifle with a bent barrel. Sold it to a collector WW2 stuff. So I drag out the Carbine. SPOT ON! So we started doing distance. DAMN! With iron sites at 100 yards? 8 inch group! But off a rifle rest also (in the pix). I can't remember where I got the matching Bayonet, but that old "iron is a DAMN KEEPER!" Don't yell at me for NOT leaving it "as is", but I re blued it, did the stock pretty, and simple love the chit out! Only thing I needed to do was add the tail stock a shoulder pad as that damn "sling ring" tail stock would cut yer cheek open on a trigger pull! Pix suck, but ya get the idea. I shot that and my scoped SKS at a DMC match to qualify for a surplus M1 Garand for $150. But that Mauser is a real "street fighter with that bayonet" when ya aint got time to reload"! (damn right before Nam I did jungle close hand Basic/AIT, what was it called?.."Perry and Thrust".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0236.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	312763

Name:	100_0237.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	409.0 KB 
ID:	312764

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....Robby, looks darn good!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....since we are "talking 'bout guns" I'll see if I can get some pics of the wep my family has. It's down at Mom's so can't get them now.
    Muzzle loader I'd say close to a .50 cal that was found sticking out of the sand on Galveston Island after one of our hurricanes. Good varnish and the action still works like a charm. Looks to be a cap and ball gun if my memory holds true and the stock shows that she was used by several troop during the Civil War judging by what they carved on the wood.
    Even though she was soaked in sand and salt we could see that she was born in England back in 1861 via the top of the barrel right in front of the breech. My parents came to visit me at NAS JAX when I was stationed there back mid 70's and then went up the East Coast to take a look see.
    Stopped at some Civil War arms museum and the looked it up.
    Turns out the wep we have can be traced to a specific shipment that came over on a British Gun Runner and there were only a couple of hundred of them on that shipment that made it past the Union blockade. Damn interesting piece of wood and iron to say the least!!
    I'll take some pics and post them up when I get a chance.

Rocky

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I lived Illinois I had a lot of older guns, black power rifles and pistols. Enfields, Springfields, actually way too much (or maybe not enough?) but moving west coast I had to thin out, an had enough to move anyway. Sold a lot off at work, as worked with a LOT of people, blue collar hunters, firearm junkies, and simple raflled them off and made way more than what I paid for them. 3 the guys there had FFl's and sold out the house. Damn we use to get SKS's for $65 if bought 10 at a time, as cheap 2000 round boxes ammo. Of course those days are long gone. Only thing never "owned" was a AR, but slept with a M-16 long enough for me!

Name:	Nam M-16.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	312783

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guns are bad
    I sold all mine to some guy
    I just keep a phone beside me so I can call 911 on the bad guys

Check out my onlyfans....
    Subscriptions start at 1 gallon 100LL a month

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrochicken View Post
    Guns are bad
    I sold all mine to some guy
    I just keep a phone beside me so I can call 911 on the bad guys
    Always some wise guy here! ..(and if ya forget to charge the phone and useless, ya can always toss it at them and hope for a solid forehead hit and knock'em out, then rob them! But that will get ya in trouble!

Now its take your cars keys to bed so you can set off the car in the drive alarm to scare the bad guys away! HA!
    "Run Forrest RUN!..he has keys!" I jingle my keys, and the dog thinks going for a ride! Let the dog out at them..(I real worry more here for cougars that wanna eat my dog outside, as scumbags never get this far me anyway, but if?). Mess with my closet gun coming soon. More here a bit that...
    Last edited by Robby321; 01-11-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my wife a ruger 9mm recently and picked me up a 30-06 remington 760 pump old but great shooting

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to the collection that i sold to some guy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did a some more "cleaning" today while watching the cheeseheads win, as they get to come out here next week and get ass whooped the hawks, but at least will "thaw out" plus that "other" game colts and broncos. All great games and worn out just watching!

Anyway took a better pic the Mauser, and a pic next my "closet gun". Mossberg combo. Fired once long barrel and stock then pistol grip and 18 1/4 barrel. Never been anything but since. But I gotta tell ya a story about how your gov works.

I qualified in the DCM match back Illinois for the M-1 Garand. 6 WEEKS back and forth paper work them with name it, had to send it back them. And I mean even had to do the local cop shop, get finger printed, etc, notarized, blah blah blah. BUT? I was soon to move west coast after selling the house there and move into one my sisters owned Duplex here that my mom lived in. Well (fate dragged me here..RIP mom) she had a massive stroke and ended up in a nursing home in a "chair", no speech, no walk, and only could smile and a good right arm to feed herself, and of course give me a hug. So as furnished my sis said "move out here", as just got retired early in life.

OK long to short here. I TOLD the gov that sending me the rifle was to the Ill addy there to a certain date as selling out, and after ..HOLD IT A MONTH, and send the new address!

Ya right. My BIL called me the DAY I was closing the house Ill? "Theres some long box on the porch from UPS the duplex addressed to you, wanna me open it (he's a WW2 B-24/5 pilot too)?" Damn right. What was it? The M-1 simple tossed on the porch, zero sign for it, just a "toss out to a no one living there house"? Insane.....

OK pix..

Name:	100_0238.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	312794

Name:	100_0239.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	395.4 KB 
ID:	312795
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0237.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrochicken View Post
    To add to the collection that i sold to some guy
    Yep, I got the same guy probably I sold stuff too bet! And a nice guy, and one heck of a collector..!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NICE guns Robby, when I get nervous in the night I grab for my Glock 40 S&W with Black Talons loaded in it sitting on night stand.

What is a 1950 model Russian SKS with all matching serial numbers and Russian Star engraved worth. I grade it an 8 on a scale from 1-10......

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Smith View Post
    NICE guns Robby, when I get nervous in the night I grab for my Glock 40 S&W with Black Talons loaded in it sitting on night stand.

What is a 1950 model Russian SKS with all matching serial numbers and Russian Star engraved worth. I grade it an 8 on a scale from 1-10......Jay
    Might have a real prize there but lost contact my old "gun buds"..passed so can't help ya that. Stuff us was all Chinese. I'd simple hang on to it as never will do nothing but get "more pricey" anyway. On my under the bed piece? First Colt "Anacoda" .44 Mag made SS, wheel gun (I'm still a wheel gun freak, with "speed loaders too and damn good at reload!). Think paid $325. Now? Don't ask as NFS. Plus the shop a Taurus 6 shot wheel, 38/357 loaded hollow and a 9 shot .22 Taurus as a simple "cheap to shoot plinker". And gotta admit that Taurus guess still think FL, when they say "lifetime guarantee?" The 9 shot I had to crank the left sites for hitting anything. It was bought in the 80's, think cost me $125. (and just had a dude here offer me $500 to sell?) NSF. But out here a decade later easy? I sent it back to them as getting my life in "order" SOB?. All I did was pay a few bucks ship, and called me back when got it, and said "we will look it, and either fix or send ya a new one". Week later at my door..(damn right signed for it!). And fixed fine! Sent me all the test 25 yard fire targets, and charge? ..ZIP!
    Last edited by Robby321; 01-11-2015 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was bought from a collector at a Houston gun show about 10 yeas ago. It is a real Russian SKS not a copy and no "scabbed" on pieces except for the three American pieces added that had to be done before could be brought into the country legally. It is a 1950 model and was PRE BAN model....Thanks for the advice !

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jay, pm coming...

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	Nam M-16.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	312783
    [/QUOTE]

Robby.... you still look all buff and fit into them pants ...... dont ya?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast