User Tag List

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowMaxx View Post
    Even I didn't know my boat was for sale. Dano had to tell me. Looks like he is throwing Soniks in on the deal too...

https://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/4824197629.html
    Good grief! The photo of the black/red/yellow Vector with the Mariner on it is a photo of my older brother.... From around 1988! When I saw that I nearly fell off my chair!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	313679

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just ordered 2 shirts......................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i grabbed 2 hats.......let us know when you get more sizes in shirts..
    81' HYDROSTREAM VECTOR / slightly Modified 200
    before and after:http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...inished!/page3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    Good grief! The photo of the black/red/yellow Vector with the Mariner on it is a photo of my older brother.... From around 1988! When I saw that I nearly fell off my chair!

Funny, I saw that picture and thought that looks a lot like Greg, but he had a 90 Mariner, on a viper I thought?

pointer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contact the seller, he has almost any size you could need. He may have been limited buy his eBay listing options. Thank you for the support!
    Quote Originally Posted by texasvector View Post
    i grabbed 2 hats.......let us know when you get more sizes in shirts..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointer View Post
    Funny, I saw that picture and thought that looks a lot like Greg

pointer
    me too
    81' HYDROSTREAM VECTOR / slightly Modified 200
    before and after:http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...inished!/page3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a couple of t-shirts! Thanks a lot, let us know when you got other stuff! Now i'm gonna go run my boat, should about finish the break-in process. Got her up over 80 for a few secs yesterday. Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O yea, forgot to ask before I signed off. I want to put out there to other HydroStream owners, heck any other lite Hypo boat owners. What are your ideas on using a 4 blade drag on a lite hull, about 500lbs? I've been told not to use a 4 blade on a lite hull, would cause disaster. Not what i'm wanting! But also been told it will make it handle lots better. Cody I know you like yours. But are there any other guys that use a 4 blade with good safe usage. A prop guy in my town says it would work well, and never heard of the safety risks. He's seen them on Allisons with good results. Another prop man a few towns over says not to use the 4 blade, will cause it to swap ends...not good. There's a beautiful 4 blade drag on here now, and been thinkin about goin for it. So, what yall thinkin? Scott

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 4 blade 26 that I run on my stream that runs good! And drives good too!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more Hydrostream, must have, goodies: Decals and beverage koolies http://www.ebay.com/itm/HydroStream-...7c1d17&vxp=mtr http://www.ebay.com/itm/HydroStream-...f98407&vxp=mtr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run a Mazco 4 blade 26 on 1 of my Yts and the hull love's it..Over all not fast but flys the bow nice..And its more of a play prop for me in the hole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imma go broke lol! All good finds thanks fellas

Modded Hydrostream Vking
    Hydrostream Vking
    Hydrostream Viper
    Sold, Hydrostream Vector, Allison xb2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointer View Post
    Funny, I saw that picture and thought that looks a lot like Greg, but he had a 90 Mariner, on a viper I thought?

pointer
    If I recall Gregs First stream was a Vector with a Mariner...Funny thing I noted with this pic is Gregs pic has that same boat in the back Ground..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

like his custom jackplate
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrostreamvking4m View Post
    If I recall Gregs First stream was a Vector with a Mariner...Funny thing I noted with this pic is Gregs pic has that same boat in the back Ground..
    That's correct! My first Hydrostream was a Vector in the 'Silver Streak' color scheme with a 140 Mariner. The photo of mine, which was taken some years after the photo of my brother, was in the very same spot. The people across the canal from us owned that large Silverton for as long as I could remember. Coincidentally, that very same house is where I saw my first Hydrostream - they used to own a Viper that they kept hoisted on davits. The only thing I remember (I was very little then) was one day the boat returned from them using it and the windshield was smashed. I assume they must have stuffed the boat into the water hard (very common for our area; lots of very large boats and rough water), because the rest of it looked intact. They kept the boat on a lift for a time then it was replaced by a 24 Superboat shortly after. In the old pic of me when I was like 14 or so, I think the davits for that Hydrostream were visible in the pic, but the boat was long since gone.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowMaxx View Post
    like his custom jackplate
    I do actually remember the story with that transom. I remember my brother coming home from a ride and the transom being badly cracked. He had somebody make a custom aluminum plate that wrapped around the inside of the transom well on both sides and bolted through to the upper-deck [small] fillets that straddle the transom well from the inside. You can't see that in the pic, but I remember that plate very well and it was essentially the very same thing that Ronnie made for his Viper many years later, which I still think is an elegant solution if you don't like tie-bars. As the pic shows, they built it higher as well, but I remember there was also a jack plate for the engine, but it's very hard to see in the photo.

I would have to talk to my brother about his Vector in the pic, but I do remember some things about that boat. He is older than me and that boat came long years before mine. I remember my brother was working at a marina near here, and that boat, which was the earlier-design Vector model, was the owner's boat that he bought. The boat had prior sustained some pretty severe damage to the port side after the previous owner hit a pole, tearing off much of the left side of the delta area. That's the reason the boat is in non-standard Hydrostream colors of course, since it was repainted after the repair. In spots, the paint was cracking, and I remember being able to see the repair work in spots where the paint lifted. I am not sure what changes were made to the boat during the accident repair work, however I can say with certainty that the pad was flat, and not hooked. I knew this for certain because I distinctly remember comparing them when, some years later I bought my Vector, and how both boats rode very differently. My brother's Vector had a much more 'V-King-like' ride to it for sure. That is what I remember most vividly about that boat, as compared to mine. Actually, back then we thought that boat was a V-King, but the photos clearly show it as a Vector.

I know it had a small nosecone, however no low water pickup. If I remember, that boat ran in the high-70s, the engine being basically stock. But this was according to the water-pressure speedo, so who knows.

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast