Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on the new Evinrude G2 Motors

I don't know much about these things, just watched an Evinrude video. What are some opinions about them.

Thanks, Carter Powell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There great for a big heavy fishing boat.....
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugly as sin. according to an etec dealer they are not service friendly either. They are ok as far as basic maintenance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugliest outboard I have ever seen! Get a 250H.O while you still can.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like em,die-hard merc guys don't but brp did come up with good stuff on em.I would DEFINITLY own 1,I think they look good (n yes I have seen a 250 in person),they kept the good part of looper block and expanded on accessories,thumbs up in my opinion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great on performance. Old school style..maybe not be appealing for everyone. Stands out like no other outboard. Praises to BRP for continiing with 2Stroke development!!!! less moving parts is always a HUGE leg up.

Like Wildman says, its not how fast it is, its how cool it look when doing it. No matter what they will bring a crowd around your boat if you are the first to be on the water with em.
    ON VACATION

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott reierson View Post
    I have run the 250 and 300 G2 on 620 & 621 Rangers and showed them no Mercy. Lots of up and down thottle and lots of long strung out runs to the max. Impressive engine. Nice Hole shot. Instrumentation and ease of use very leading edge. Will run with the 300 250 Verado Pro and 250-300 XS. All tops ends within 1-2 mph of each other on the same models.

I also punished the 250 & 300 G2 on new Benny Eliptical and TToons. Very Nice. Excellent performance. I hope they hold up and make it.

The 5 Yr Warranty/No Dealer visits may change things if these engines get sales away from the big two.

I noticed that the G2 look and colors will be in a variety of boat brochures this year. The whole color thing may be of more interest than we think it may be. I have seen some very cool looking color concepts on a variety of production boats at meetings this year.

Watching the marketing videos, I noticed these engines are presented to the general public as "direct injected outboards". (Leaving the term 2 stroke outboard out of the presentation)
    Great to read, Scott. As a firm believer that outboards should be two-strokes, no matter how injected, I give BRP huge props for staying the course and not taking the easy route and giving in to the four stroke crowd. I also understand why they leave the term "two stroke" out of the presentation. Where I used to live (upstate NY) we had dealers on Lake George telling consumers as far back as 2004 that "two strokes were to be outlawed, buy a Honda/Yamaha/etc. from us", also had them go as far as making false comparisons between their Hondas and the then-new E-Tecs, and many more unscrupulous practices like that. Now, ten years later, some of the customers who were duped by those practices and now have 10-year old Yamaha 4-strokes that have puked, have been my customers for rebuilt two-strokes! What goes around, comes around. I have felt badly for these customers who were fooled by the local dealers' claims, then saw years of highly inflated service costs, oil changes, annual "tune-ups", winterization, then the final blow---when it finally blows up--"no, we won't rebuild it, just buy a new one". Nice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JWTjr. View Post
    Great to read, Scott. As a firm believer that outboards should be two-strokes, no matter how injected, I give BRP huge props for staying the course and not taking the easy route and giving in to the four stroke crowd. I also understand why they leave the term "two stroke" out of the presentation. Where I used to live (upstate NY) we had dealers on Lake George telling consumers as far back as 2004 that "two strokes were to be outlawed, buy a Honda/Yamaha/etc. from us", also had them go as far as making false comparisons between their Hondas and the then-new E-Tecs, and many more unscrupulous practices like that. Now, ten years later, some of the customers who were duped by those practices and now have 10-year old Yamaha 4-strokes that have puked, have been my customers for rebuilt two-strokes! What goes around, comes around. I have felt badly for these customers who were fooled by the local dealers' claims, then saw years of highly inflated service costs, oil changes, annual "tune-ups", winterization, then the final blow---when it finally blows up--"no, we won't rebuild it, just buy a new one". Nice.
    I have seen the same practice in my area and to the point that some dealers told customers that 2 strokes were goin to be outlawed on their waters by certain states and ya better by a new 4 stroke!!!! The smart ones didn't "drink the koolade". Gary
    "12" Super Lite Tunnel (11') "88" 25 Yammy twin carb "BANANA SPLIT"
    "77" Hydrostream Viper "87" 140 Rude heavy modded w/15" mid, Bobs nose and lwp "DANGER ZONE"
    "72" Checkmate MX-13 "80" 75 Rude w/15"mid and Nitro Lu (to be restored)

"Too much is never enough" Keith Richards " Dreams become reality via hard work and perseverance" G.A.Carbonneau

"This coming from an old man that strapped two bananas together, hung a motor on it and calls it a boat" XstreamVking