Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Mine looks like **** inside- its aluminum, but appears to have a crap load of rust sitting in the bottom, along with the remains of the old sending unit.

We finally got the Evinrude off of it yesterday- the boat made a really nice sigh of relief as it came off and dangled from the cherry picker. I'll pretty it up before hanging the 2007 Opti 250XS on the back. Using the same shop who is doing the new Defender Apache 22 for my interior. Contracted a glass guy yesterday to remove the bottom paint and re-surface the gel on the bottom.
    I am cutting the floor out of mine in the next week or so and will be replacing the fuel tank no matter what it looks like. I'm not going to take any chances with it while I am going this far. Do you know how many gallons it is?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many of the Defender 22's have been built?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cap is part of the interior- back seat and sides- I'm not looking forward to splitting it and its tight, will stay in place.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    How many of the Defender 22's have been built?
    One that I've seen, but I think Phil has orders- they're the later type Scouts, not like mine or Matts, they have the look of a 22' Cig. My upholstery guy is doing the interior on it now, should be about done- awesome job he's doing. Phil should be able to sell the crap outta these babies!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cap is part of the interior- back seat and sides- I'm not looking forward to splitting it and its tight, will stay in place.
    Same with my cap. I'm not going to split the cap and deck. I'm cutting the back seat area and taking the tank out of there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cockpit liner is one piece with the deck on all the 22's. You have no idea what your up against, by attemping to remove the deck from the hull. It is fully bonded with 1708 Biax EVERYWHERE. Not just the hull to deck. Look under the cockpit floor opening, where the tank is. Look around the inside rear compartment and that rear bulkhead. Feel down inside the holes of the side walls of the cockpit liner, where the storage pouches are that you removed. Look at the cabin side supports where they connect to the deck. And on and on. THEN, you have to grind off all of this now excess Biax glass, to reapply it all, as it was from the factory. If I were you, I would go a different way.

7. Likes HeavyDuty liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattconrad View Post
    Same with my cap. I'm not going to split the cap and deck. I'm cutting the back seat area and taking the tank out of there.
    Bingo!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    The cockpit liner is one piece with the deck on all the 22's. You have no idea what your up against, by attemping to remove the deck from the hull. It is fully bonded with 1708 Biax EVERYWHERE. Not just the hull to deck. Look under the cockpit floor opening, where the tank is. Look around the inside rear compartment and that rear bulkhead. Feel down inside the holes of the side walls of the cockpit liner, where the storage pouches are that you removed. Look at the cabin side supports where they connect to the deck. And on and on. THEN, you have to grind off all of this now excess Biax glass, to reapply it all, as it was from the factory. If I were you, I would go a different way.
    Exactly, which is why I said its staying in place....

Would be a major restoration, and that boat is way too solid to go playing with it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One that I've seen, but I think Phil has orders...they have the look of a 22' Cig. Phil should be able to sell the crap outta these babies!
    It would be nice if he could, but taking 3 years to put one together isn't going to cut the cake. Bob S. worked at Cigarette as a young man. The inside cockpit shelfs, one-piece cockpit liner, and other ideas on the tooling of the 22 came from that Cigarette experience.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder who has the 22' Euro molds. I have never seen a defender in person.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He brought it to my yard, its pretty impressive, but I still like my style- Matts and mine are the same. Gave Brownie my Evinrude off of it today, so working steady on getting the Opti 250SX on it and getting it all puffed up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil at defender is a really nice guy. I truly wish him the best. I even sent my back seat down to him so he could make a mold. If your board you can check out my 4yr build on OSO.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...che-scout.html

14. Likes HeavyDuty liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8