Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What middle class they have taxed what was the middle class down to the lower class. We pay for all the hand out programs and our leaders lavish life style. I took a tax hit on the house that I had my retirement invested in because the economy tanked and it did not sell for 5 years and my wife's job had moved us away so I paid 28% of equity. Now we purchased another house to get hit with property tax at a rediculous rate. I go to the grocery store in my old humpty vehicle only to see the person in line with again lavish foods paid with a voucher and get into a mercedes. We have gotten off track and are heading to a welfare state.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delawarerick View Post
    What middle class they have taxed what was the middle class down to the lower class. We pay for all the hand out programs and our leaders lavish life style. I took a tax hit on the house that I had my retirement invested in because the economy tanked and it did not sell for 5 years and my wife's job had moved us away so I paid 28% of equity. Now we purchased another house to get hit with property tax at a rediculous rate. I go to the grocery store in my old humpty vehicle only to see the person in line with again lavish foods paid with a voucher and get into a mercedes. We have gotten off track and are heading to a welfare state.
    Cloward-Piven strategy. They want to eliminate poverty by the distribution of income. Well, it didn't work out like they expected because now we have people who rely solely on welfare, and "working for a living is an abstraction".

As far as taxes go, just bend over and put the apple in your mouth. Oh, and creative bookkeeping helps too.

Ken
    1987 Hydrostream Vegas

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Local View Post
    They want to eliminate poverty by the distribution of income. Well, it didn't work out like they expected because now we have people who rely solely on welfare, and "working for a living is an abstraction". Ken
    Well said but like anything "gov thought" it has good intentions but never any "vigilance" over the abuse as move on the the next "great thing"..(as its YOUR money, not theres and care less).

Look at welfare? It was meant a "hand up!..not a hand out" Fatherless (or many simple making babies) black YOUNG FAT women which "breed" simple for the gov money? Well its if thats the way ya want to take over the world? Well sometimes do NOT wish for what ya want, as ya just might get it and wish ya never wanted it. We have had a experimental black prez thats is to me worst in history.

Thats (Welfare) not the way intended. But never simple enforced for getting freebies bucks of the backs the working. But the gov so freaking entrenched with other crap "doing nothing to stop it", something simple like "making fatherless babies, zero education just for the dough?...YA GET NO DOUGH"

But don't hold yer breath this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a small business owner, I think one of the wisest business decisions you can make is to get a good accountant. Mine has worked with my family for years and he knows all the tricks of the trade. I don't make very much money but as a someone who's not married and has no dependents, you better believe I would be paying a hell of a lot more if my accountant wasn't so sharp.

The reason the middle class takes such a hit from taxation is because income is now taxed at a higher percentage than capital gains. In previous generations, income taxes were lower for the working class to encourage people to work more. Think about it, work seems a lot better when you get to keep a majority of what you've earned. Tax rates on investment profits were much higher. The government figured the people who could afford to spend millions on investments could afford to get taxed at a higher rate on those investment returns. It's not like that anymore. You work for your money? Break out the lube and pay taxes on that income. You make billions in investments? Don't worry about paying taxes on that, we'll just squeeze a couple more dollars out of the working schlubs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flat tax- flat tax- flat tax !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    13 ft allison 75 omc
    14 ft Allison
    15 ft allison molds
    17 ft tin fisher-marine 3cyl. omc
    17' Allison ski boat
    Grand Sport w/etec

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a working stiff. Had a day job all of my life. My wife is pretty good with the numbers. Going to start out with at least a couple of IRA ' S and go from there. Maybe a failed business venture is in my near future. You seem to get more for losing these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    and you could always add more hp!!
    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. –Aristotle

Quinten

86' Hydrostream Vking YT, 2.4 Bridgeport EFI
    (Rigging and interior in the works)
    88' Hydrostream Voyager, 2.4 200 Merc
    Boat of The Month Feb. 2009
    resto here, http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=144414
    Dedicated to you Dad, I miss you! 1935-2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Common sense

Quote Originally Posted by JWTjr. View Post
    Europeans (and stupid liberal Americans) always point to European countries and the ultra-high taxes there as if that's some sort of example and reference point, as if to say we are somehow lucky we "only pay the comparatively little amount" we pay. I say, F that--Europe and other places with high taxes is not a model we should be following. Freedom and self-reliance is what built this country and made it into the greatest country in the history of the world, NOT high taxes, more government meddling and "support", and NOT more laws that stifle business and drive it away.

I totally agree.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ur paying high takes so that billionaires that control BOTH sides of our gov don't pay any taxes..... It's what our country was founded on ... A few rich dudes didnt want to pay their taxes ... So they tricked us into fighting .... We're still fighting against ourselves ... It's called divide and conquer ... They use racism ,politics ,and propaganda to confuse and distract people from the truth ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Europe is a failed social experiment.
    Prosperity, doh you are born into debt.
    The usa can fix itself with 10 years of right wing government and lots of useless people turned into soylent green, there is still hope

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The measure of good government is the day in the year where you stop working for the government and working for
    yourself.

Then there is the wake up call to find yourself working for the government rather than the government working for you.
    The largest ferrari dealer in the world is in washington, and washington produces what?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well in my perseverance to pay as little as possible in taxes i found and looked at the bigger corporations of wall street and noticed one thing they all have parent companies and when your one is same with two OC,s you can pretty much write off anything
    one needs to be inc and the other a llc

https://www.facebook.com/scott.steffe

Replacement Fiberglass Windshields For just about every hydrostream
    Fiberglass Seat Shells 18 wide high backs, 18 wide barrel backs and 23 wide big boy barrel backs

call 941-575-8914 with any questions

7 to 3pm 5 days a week
    Custom Fiberglass and Paint
    In Business since 1984

for sale

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold a rental house last year for basically what I owed on it that I had never depreciated until now. I thought I had taken a bath on it. Did my taxes last Friday and had to go back and recheck the math a few times. Ended up paying tax on about 1/10th of my income for 2014. I even qualify for an Obamaphone and food stamps according to my 2014 net income. I get almost ALL of my taxes back this year. Woohoo. $25K's worth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news for you. Now that I'm not poor and I have raised my kids, I'll have to adjust my withholding this year. Sad part is, I don't really make that much money.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    and you could always add more hp!!
    There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. –Aristotle

Quinten

86' Hydrostream Vking YT, 2.4 Bridgeport EFI
    (Rigging and interior in the works)
    88' Hydrostream Voyager, 2.4 200 Merc
    Boat of The Month Feb. 2009
    resto here, http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=144414
    Dedicated to you Dad, I miss you! 1935-2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Great news for you. Now that I'm not poor and I have raised my kids, I'll have to adjust my withholding this year. Sad part is, I don't really make that much money.
    yeah, That was a good day. I went into the day thinking I was going to have to write a check for $7000 and went away figuring out where I am going on vacation this year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast